What's new

How Armenia lost the war

Turkey is intrinsically a part of the conversation whether you mentioned it or not. It played a role within the second Karabakh war,
Actually yeah,not that the Azeris weren't better equipped than the Armenians,but Turkey's help to Azerbaijan was significant.
Rumor has it,that THK F-16s used to patrol or even take part in the war back then.

Don't know how accurate this map is but here:

121977078_10218623142960280_4586362694143828459_o.jpg

Oh, the Persian papa is gonna intervene and make the naughty children behave?

A little to late for that, Mr. Persian Princess: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–2022_Armenia–Azerbaijan_border_crisis

After pink panturks started making noise about going thru armenia, bypassing Iran and blocking Iranian armenia connection/trade.

and economically damaging Iran where passing azeri/turkish trucks could bypass Iran and not pay fees….

Iran responded with military excersizes on the border for the first time in a couple decades. And made warnings to both baku and ankara.

The result?

azerbaijan signed a new highway agreement with Iran to bypass armenia. Not only preserving the status quo, but strengthening it with azeri financial contributions.

Just because you bullied a 3 million population cit… or i mean “country “ that neighter Russia or Iran supported does not mean your now on the same level.

Learn your place.

Swathi WLR.

Indian WLR
the contract for swathi WLR was given in march 2020 and the delivery was scheduled for 2021. The war happened in 2020. The radar wasn't even delivered when the war happened. Get your facts right. Stop spreading disinformation

Turkish intelligence and support was significant too which is a big reason and Armenian institutional leadership was horrible at a critical time, you can't make mistakes at such vulnerable times... the consequences of corruption and a lack of meritocracy

For me, in all cases, Armenia was gonna loose the war first because of the corruption and second because they aren't modernised at all. They are old soviet army on contrary to azeri armies which had very advanced tech like modern drones TB2 Harpy Harop etc... One country has the vision to modernise and the other no. Third Azerbaijan had and still has big allies like Turkey Pakistan who have the will to defend and to help Azerbaijan but Armenia has Russia only.

Azerbaijan has a 3:1 numerical edge over Armenia
Add to it Azerbaijan petro-dollars
Armenia population is less than 3 million

Armenia has no margin for error - incompetence ends their chances

Turkish intelligence and support was significant too which is a big reason and Armenian institutional leadership was horrible at a critical time, you can't make mistakes at such vulnerable times... the consequences of corruption and a lack of meritocracy
Of course. They had the most amateur and worthless government with a leader who wanted to give up Artsakh(NKR)in exchange for normalisation of relations with Turkey and Azerbaijan,trade,a more pro-Western stance. And of course the other factor was that Putin was angry that the pro-Russian government was toppled.

Agreed.... seems they had lost their confidence from the beginning....but why are they eager to cooperate with Azerbaijan who beat them bad.? Are they really eager or just have no option than to cooperate?
your opponent has a 3:1 numerical edge
you are land locked
your only ally is incompetent Russia
your opponent has petro-dollars
your opponent has powerful ally in Turkey
your population is less than 3 million

your opponent has a 3:1 numerical edge
you are land locked
your only ally is incompetent Russia
your opponent has petro-dollars
your opponent has powerful ally in Turkey
By the way,you guys should check the first page of the thread again,the screenshots I've posted. They'll give you a clear image of what was going on back then. Just reminding you and @Bleek too.

And imagine,they used fraud and bribes to win the elections right after the war.

By the way,you guys should check the first page of the thread again,the screenshots I've posted. They'll give you a clear image of what was going on back then. Just reminding you and @Bleek too.

And imagine,they used fraud and bribes to win the elections right after the war.

Even without fraud, bribes and incompetence the deck is stacked against Armenia

Even without fraud, bribes and incompetence the deck is stacked against Armenia
Of course,it was always against them. Like you said,Azerbaijan has a bigger population,bigger army,bigger budget,help from Turkey. What did Armenians have? A Russian base and some threats from Iran to interfere on Armenia's side if the corridor was taken by the Turks.

Old Soviet equipment,some modern Russian stuff and bravery. They kept winning the small skirmishes and battles that used to break out here and there,the last 20 years,but from the moment the pro-Russian government was toppled by a party of pro-Western amateurs...that was the chance for the Turks.

Armenians lack a clear understanding of the world. They dare to buy Indian radars. Facts have proved that the weapons made in India are garbage.

Is that the reason they have not sent any weapons to Putin's government for the Ukraine war? I was curious as to howcome Iran has kept the Russian Federation well supplied and so has North Korea, despite both being sanctioned countries.

While the economic powerhouse has not sent anything of value to my knowledge.

Last edited:
@Foinikas Any idea/details about Indian equipment supplied to Armenia during the war and how effective they were?
As far as I know,they didn't have any back then.
You couldn't save Armenia. How are you going to get Kashmir back from Pakistan?
I remember they kept saying they would send forces to save the last remnants of ANA and mujahedeen fighting the Taliban in some remote place (some pocket I think?) during the fall of Kabul or right after it. And they never did anything. Just like they proclaim "full sapport" for Russia and Putin and when the war in Ukraine started they were like "we don't know,we don't involving in other contry wars".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom