What's new

香港反引渡游行:非理性引发的混乱 Hong Kong "anti-extradition law" protests: an irrational chaos

Three_Kingdoms

Reaction score
Country
China
One of the more level-headed explanations and analysis on the media about the event:

Keep in mind that irrationality is innate in human beings. Rationality is developed much later.

Huawei executive Meng Wan Zhou got house arrested in Canada to stand for extradition to USA for alleged "offence" on US sanction law committed in Hong Kong, which is part of Chinese territory.

And why is China can not transfer law offenders from Hong Kong, China to Mainland China? It is simply illogical.

Huawei executive Meng Wan Zhou got house arrested in Canada to stand for extradition to USA for alleged "offence" on US sanction law committed in Hong Kong, which is part of Chinese territory.

And why is China can not transfer law offenders from Hong Kong, China to Mainland China? It is simply illogical.
In democracy, demagogues always win. Rationality, though a hallmark of human beings, is both slow and energy sapping. People, especially the lazy ones, prefer slipping back to the animal level of easiness and comfort by avoiding rationality and embracing with emotions, which are the perfectly playground for demagogues.

After watching the complete video I realised that after you committed a murder or any serious crime in any place on Earth, including USA, just go to Hong Kong and you will be safe because you cannot be extradited since there is no extradition law in Hong Kong.

So, if I killed somebody, Hong Kong is the place I would go to. And there is no law to put me in jail, even in Hong Kong.

After watching the complete video I realised that after you committed a murder or any serious crime in any place on Earth, including USA, just go to Hong Kong and you will be safe because you cannot be extradited because there is a extradition law in Hong Kong.
Not any place. Only those that have no extradition law with Hong Kong, which, strangely, cover the majority of places where Chinese live. Without such an extradition law with mainland China and Taiwan, though it is not against humanity, it is certainly against Chinese.

I misunderstood some of the facts. So, the correction is

1) There is already an extradition law in Hong Kong but law offenders can not be extradited if there is no extradition agreement with other countries/ territory. That guy who murdered his girlfriend goes free because Taiwan has no extradition agreement with Hong Kong.

2) Current amendment to the existing law is to enable a case to case consideration such as this guy who murdered his girl friend in Taiwan.

3) Chinese central government has clarified that it did not requested for amendment of this law. It was the Hong Kong government's own initiative, probably because of the Taiwan murder case.

Last edited:
I misunderstood some of the facts. So, the correction is

1) There is already an extradition law in Hong Kong but law offenders can not be extradited if there is no extradition agreement with other countries/ territory. That guy who murdered his girlfriend goes free because Taiwan has no extradition agreement with Hong Kong.

2) Current amendment to the existing law is to enable a case to case consideration such as this guy who murdered his girl friend in Taiwan.

3) Chinese central government has clarified that it did not requested for amendment of this law. It was the Hong Kong government's own initiative, probably because of the Taiwan murder case.
... and ironically, Taiwan's president Tsai publicly stated that she supports the protestors -- which means she opposes the bill -- which means she doesn't think the Hong Konger guy should be extradited to Taiwan for the killing of his pregnant Taiwanese ex-girlfriend!

... and ironically, Taiwan's president Tsai publicly stated that she supports the protestors -- which means she opposes the bill -- which means she doesn't think the Hong Konger guy should be extradited to Taiwan for the killing of his pregnant Taiwanese ex-girlfriend!

The protesters are right about something, the principles of democracy are incompatible with extradition. Only totalitarian governments should have extradition, since it is in line with their heavy hands.

The West is the beacon of 'democracy' is and 'freedom' therefore extradition is not fit for Western society. :enjoy:

Hong Kongers want freedom, therefore they protest.

:china::china::china:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom