Hina Rabbani Khar New Foreign Minister

TruthSeeker

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hina set to visit India as foreign minister

By Our Staff Reporter | From the Newspaper

ISLAMABAD: The Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Hina Rabbani Khar, on Friday confirmed that she was being elevated as federal minister for foreign affairs.

A statement by the Foreign Office said Ms Khar had told Indian Foreign Secretary Ms Nirupama Rao that “I am looking forward very much to my meetings in New Delhi”.

Foreign Ministers of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in the last week of next month to conclude the ongoing series of meetings under the revived peace talks.

Ms Khar, who has been looking after the foreign ministry as a junior minister, technically cannot represent the country at ministerial level meetings. Therefore, her elevation, being rumoured for some time, would remove the protocol hitch in the upcoming ministerial engagement with India.

But Indian sources say she is not taken seriously in Delhi.

The Press Trust of India (PTI) ran a story on her expected elevation saying “Khar … as a full-fledged Foreign Minister would suit the powerful military establishment, which shapes and guides foreign policy, as she is not perceived to be as independent-minded as (Shah Mehmood) Qureshi” (the former foreign minister.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi lost the ministry in a cabinet reshuffle in February, which some say was because of the tough stance he took on the issue of immunity of CIA operative Raymond Davis, who fatally shot two youth in Lahore.

During her meeting with UK Foreign Secretary William Hague Ms Khar presented herself as acting foreign minister, something that was also reflected in the British High Commission’s press releases.

Hina set to visit India as foreign minister | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

What a farce :angry:

We're at one of the most critical junctures in our foreign affairs, so we decide to hand out perhaps the most important portfolio to a 34 year old with a degree in hospitality management!

But then again, am I meant to be surprised with these clowns in charge?

Well if any thing, she is more soothing to the eyes than the Whale of a information minister we have to watch and listen to.

HinaRabbaniKhar800.jpg

Hina set to visit India as foreign minister

By Our Staff Reporter | From the Newspaper

ISLAMABAD: The Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Hina Rabbani Khar, on Friday confirmed that she was being elevated as federal minister for foreign affairs.

A statement by the Foreign Office said Ms Khar had told Indian Foreign Secretary Ms Nirupama Rao that “I am looking forward very much to my meetings in New Delhi”.

Foreign Ministers of India and Pakistan are likely to meet in the last week of next month to conclude the ongoing series of meetings under the revived peace talks.

Ms Khar, who has been looking after the foreign ministry as a junior minister, technically cannot represent the country at ministerial level meetings. Therefore, her elevation, being rumoured for some time, would remove the protocol hitch in the upcoming ministerial engagement with India.

But Indian sources say she is not taken seriously in Delhi.

The Press Trust of India (PTI) ran a story on her expected elevation saying “Khar … as a full-fledged Foreign Minister would suit the powerful military establishment, which shapes and guides foreign policy, as she is not perceived to be as independent-minded as (Shah Mehmood) Qureshi” (the former foreign minister.

Shah Mehmood Qureshi lost the ministry in a cabinet reshuffle in February, which some say was because of the tough stance he took on the issue of immunity of CIA operative Raymond Davis, who fatally shot two youth in Lahore.

During her meeting with UK Foreign Secretary William Hague Ms Khar presented herself as acting foreign minister, something that was also reflected in the British High Commission’s press releases.

Hina set to visit India as foreign minister | Newspaper | DAWN.COM

you cant handle the truth, kid

And the world can't believe how can our national organisations can be so incredibly incompetent. I hang my head in shame for having an FM who can't even read a speech out of written text properly. More national embarrassments to come, we haven't learnt from A'bad nor Mehran.

y r u guys so negative ,,, har cheez main se kara nikalana ki adat ha is koom ko ,,, n

well why am i not surprised at som many women being recruited by MR.10% in his cabinet! hahaha sahi kaa shawken mizaaj admi hai! but seriously no political science nor any international studies degree no background and now she will be our FOREIGN MINISTER!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom