Status
Not open for further replies.

ejaz007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hillary Clinton arrives in Islamabad
Updated at: 1040 PST, Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ISLAMABAD: US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has arrived in Islamabad Wednesday on her three-day visit of the country.

In her visit she will meet President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani and Pakistan Muslim League Quaid Mian Nawaz Sharif.

Meetings with Chairman Senate, Speaker National Assembly and Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi also include in her visit schedule.

This is Clinton’s first official visit to Pakistan as US Secretary of State.

The mechanism of future US aids to Pakistan will also be discussed with her during the meetings.

Hillary Clinton arrives in Islamabad

Clinton seeks to bolster troubled Pakistan
Updated at: 1050 PST, Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ISLAMABAD: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton flew into Pakistan on Wednesday, fending off criticism that Washington takes its efforts to fight Islamist militancy for granted and promising new investments.

"Nine months is not a long period of time to turn around a relationship that has a lot of scars," Clinton told reporters travelling with her on the plane from Washington to the Pakistani capital Islamabad.

"It's fair to say that we have really increased the level of conversation and sharing of information over nine months," Clinton said.

Clinton said she was keen to bolster the civilian government.

"We will be making some announcements about some of the investments we are making with Pakistan on the civilian side," she added.

Clinton seeks to bolster troubled Pakistan

New era of Pak-US ties will begin with Pak tour: Clinton
Updated at: 1315 PST, Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WASHINGTON (Sami Abraham): US Secretary of state Hillary Clinton has said that the US, with the help of Pakistani Government and Intelligence is engaging in a process to separate those groups of talaban who were not committed with the ideology of Alqaeda in Afghanistan. And the Pakistani Government can do the same in the case of Pakistan as well.

Giving an exclusive interview to The News here on Monday-which was also her birthday, before embarking on a three day visit to Pakistan, she said she believes that as a part of a broad based strategy to engage with people in Afghanistan it was very important to determine that which groups of talaban were willing to engage in political process .Because it is our information, she added, that there are people on both sides of the Border who get caught up in the intimidation and the press by the hardcore extremists and they are not committed ideologically.

It may be pointed out here that The US defence Budget for 2010 already has a new provision that would pay Taliban fighters who renounce the insurgency. The provision establishes a program in Afghanistan similar to one in Iraq in which former fighters were reintegrated into Iraqi society.

When asked ' Many in Pakistan believe that USA will be in Afghanistan for a long time and when the new US strategy is expected to be announced , Secretary Clinton said that she does not know the time when review will be completed. May be in the vicinity of Afghan elections But " I dont think an open ended engagement is at all what President Obama is looking to. I think what he is looking to as how do we define the mission and make progress so that we can provide stability and security to people of Afghanistan, prevent the spill over from Afghanistan into Pakistan, work jointly with Afghanistan and Pakistan together against the extremist threat which threatens all of us" she added.

Appreciating the sacrifices of Pakistani people and Pakistani security forces in war against terror Secretary Clinton said that she was coming to Pakistan to offer assistance to provide what Pakistani people really needed --electricity jobs, business, investment and prosperity. She said that President Obama and she herself were committed to broadening and deepening the US relations with Pakistan .She said " we see it not only Government to Government or military to military but from people to people relationship." she said " I think you have with president Obama and Myself two people who are very fond of Pakistani culture, like to eat Pakistani food, have enjoyed in my case wearing shalwar kameez, who have friends ,long standing friends who goes back to college time both in case of president and myself and we deeply regret that that there is a misunderstanding. This may not be the kind of relationship that we would like to see which is why I am consciously trying to turn the page. It does not happen overnight. It is some thing that has to be earned “she added.

Secretary Clinton said that, for the last nine months she has seen an improvement in relationship." It may not have been spread across the entire population across the both countries but we are developing personal relations with military and civilians " .She said that she is looking forward to restarting strategic dialogue between USA and Pakistan because 'It is not only about terrorism. When I see horrible bombs and attacks in Islamabad or Lahore it just hurts me. So we do have a common interest in preventing those who would rather destroy than construct a better future. It is not just about that. Its about electricity shortage, business, investment, education and healthcare"
She expressed the hope that through this trip by meeting with the leadership, people and media personnel of Pakistan a strong partnership could be built between the two countries.

Responding to a question about Kerry Lugar Burman legislation she said it was very unfortunate that there has been misinformation about the Kerry lugar bill .this bill, infact offers more help to Pakistan and there are no conditions on Pakistan. There are some restrictions we have placed on ourselves which are in the most of aid packages we offer.
When asked many in Pakistan believe that the bill aimed at blocking Pakistan’s nuclear bill , she said that was not the case" we have confidence in Pakistani Government and military in safeguarding Pakistan's nuclear assets. We have no reasons to doubt these measures. But we are concerned about proliferation and Pakistan should also have this concern. What would happen if a terrorist acquire a nuclear weapon .it would be devastating whether it happens in Pakistan, USA or Europe."

When asked why President Obama who talked about settling the Kashmir issue during his election campaign, is not showing any interest to resolve it after becoming the president, Secretary Clinton said “Our relations with India are separate from what our relations are with Pakistan. We want to have two solid bilateral relationships."

She said that she believes that US has very important interest with Pakistan and India. And it would be very important for India and Pakistan to work to resolve their differences. But US believes, she added, that most durable possible outcome of normalization of relationship could only come from two countries through developing more trust through more confidence building measures and working towards the resolution of the issues.

To a question that what US intelligence reports says about possible Indian involvement in Balochistan, secretary Clinton said that she does not discuss intelligence issues.

New era of Pak-US ties will begin with Pak tour: Clinton

MALIKA MOUZZAM SAHIBA TASHREEF LATI HEIN!!! DO MORE .... DO MORE ... DO MORE ....

ye blast ise liye tu karwaya hey inhonay nay he kay logoon ka dehanaur Media ka dehaan is Peshawar Blast par rahay aur pechay he peechay woh apni Deals karjayee!!!

ye blast ise liye tu karwaya hey inhonay nay he kay logoon ka dehanaur Media ka dehaan is Peshawar Blast par rahay aur pechay he peechay woh apni Deals karjayee!!!

that can be very true, but the blast in Peshawar has been the deadliest yet, my condolences to the families who lost there loved ones in this unbelievable incident.

Ghalib Iqbal looks like a psycho...just look at him checking out old Mrs Clinton's arse :rofl:

I'm still wondering about the real motivations behind this visit.

And the girls giving Clinton flowers should be slapped across the face by none other than our lady police officers. The US gave us a war to fight, look at these girl's giving them flowers. How pathetic! :tdown:

I'm still wondering about the real motivations behind this visit.

A willingness to make up the time Pak has lost since Sanctions and another guarantee other than China that India would not attempt a first nuclear strike against Pakistan? :undecided:

How funny is this... American always delcared Pakistan as a "Terrorist State". Even US Gov always warned people around the world that dont visit Pakistan its a Terrorist and Failed state (No Secuirty for anyone). But how funny American Head of State always come to Pakistan even without any fear.

How American Officals knows they will never Hit by any Terrorist (Impressive na)

She is also coming to GC University Lahore tomorrow,university is closed because of her visit.

She is also coming to GC University Lahore tomorrow,university is closed because of her visit.

Lol funny hamaray Hukmaroo ke kal subha 8 bajay class hey Zardari agar Tie pehan kar na aya tu usko University class may dakil nahe honay diya jayega aaur agar Mehmud Qureshi kay nakun baray howay tu bahir say wapis bheejdiya jayega kal subha hamaray Hukmaroo ke Class hey 8 bajay

Honestly PA is at war in South Wazaristhan visits by high profile by foreign dignatories should be avoided or delayed during such time as this gives opportunity for cornered terrorists to spread terror and send their message and come in Limelight in global media.
This is real bad publicity for host country too.

Last edited:

I wonder why she'd want to visit a University for?, makes no sense, you come, you bla away and you get back into your jet paid for by the people of United States and go back, unless you're hear on vacation. :undecided:

Honestly PA is at war in South Wazaristhan high profile by foreign dignatories should be avoided or delayed during such time as this gives opportunity for cornered terrorists to spread terror and send their message and come in Limelight in global media.
This is real bad publicity for host country too.

believe me mate that won't happen, why would you bite the hand that feeds you, makes no sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom