What's new

High Speed Trains in Pakistan

the existing infra structure and run trains like these which we have in India now. They are not high speed but, they do reach close to 100 mph, which is good enough for now. Also the interiors of these trains have also improved over the years.

According to Times of India , Indian trains highest speed is 130 KMPH or 80 MPH ( and not 100 MPH as you seem to suggest).

That is certainly not considered High Speed Train as you have already conceded.

The lower spectrum of High Speed is 125 MPH which is roughly 200 KMPH.

Here is the recent Times of India article published in January 2014:

Trains' speed limit raised to 130kmph
The author has posted comments on this articleKumod Verma, TNN | Jan 20, 2014, 04.26AM IST

PATNA: Railways has decided to increase the speed limit to 130kmph on the mainline route on Jhajha-Mughalsarai section under Danapur division of East Central Railway (ECR). Work is going on in full swing to strengthen tracks on this particular route. At present the speed limit is 110kmph on this route for Rajdhani Express, mail and express trains.

According to Danapur DRM N K Gupta, railways successfully carried out a speed trial between Barh and Patna Junction at 120kmph on Friday during ECR GM's inspection. LHB coaches, which are capable of running at a maximum of 130 kmph, are being used in Rajdhani Express trains, he said, adding increase of the speed limit up to 130kmph would facilitate run of all mail and express trains run at the maximum speed limit on the route.

According to sources, the railways recently carried out a track renewal work on the Mughalsarai-Jhajha section at a huge cost replacing the old ones with 60kg tracks. It has been completed as the mainline section of the division has been declared "Rajdhani route" by the Railway Board. Several pairs of Rajdhani Express and super fast trains are running on the Jhajha-Mughalsarai route. The booked speed limit of the Rajdhani Express is 130kmph. But the Rajdhani Express trains have been currently running at 110kmph between Jhajha and Mughalsarai, sources said adding Sampoorna Kranti Express and Garib Rath are two other fast trains running on this route at the maximum permissible speed.

Trains' speed limit raised to 130kmph - The Times of India

His family migrated from Bihar to present day Pakistan during partition and Bihar is the place where Buddha got enlightment.

No Sir, My Grand Parents came fro OLD DEHLI and not Bihar.

Dehli walay Mughal ko bihari kehna, eik terhan ki Galee hai... :D

Last edited:
According to Times of India , Indian trains highest speed is 130 KMPH or 80 MPH ( and not 100 MPH as you seem to suggest).
That is certainly not considered High Speed Train as you have already conceded.
The lower spectrum of High Speed is 125 MPH which is roughly 200 KMPH.
Here is the recent Times of India article published in January 2014:

I know what HSR is and that's why I said those trains are not HSR; I did not concede anything as I wasn't arguing in the first place. India has done multiple feasibility studies of HSR in several corridors but there is no immediate plan to build these because they are highly expensive. The TOI report you posted was talking about a particular section, not all India. Bhopal Shatabdi express has been reported to reach a top speed of 160 km/h (100 mph) and 150 km/h for an extended period. Also there are other trains which can reach speed close to that now. Slowly things are improving. But we don't need HSR in India yet may be after 10-15 years. It is not economically viable as the cost of ticket prices would be quite high and people who could afford that would probably prefer air travel instead.

New record, Rajdhani Exp zooms to 145 kmph

You are dead wrong about that and just to be sure I went back and double checked my posts and I have consistently talked about the lower spectrum of high speed train at 125 MPH. I never said anywhere Trains at 125 KMPH ( that is not considered High Speed Train at that speed). Heck 125 KMPH is78 MPH. You call that High Speed Train...:rofl: and no ourtracks don't need to be upgraded for 78 MPH....:lol:

I think I finally figured out your Problem. You Indians think in kilometers by default. Everytime I mentioned 125 MPH your mind read it as 125 Kilometres Per Hour. If you go back an read my posts you will find that I consistently am talking 125 MPH and Indians are consistently interpreting it as KPMH. How Funny is that .... :lol:

My research shows that up to 125 MPH you can upgrade existing tracks so the cost is not as steep as laying new tracks. At 125 MPH the 236 Miles distance between Islamabad and Lahore can be traversed in less than 2 hours. That means that a Businessman can go from Islamabad to Lahore, spend a work day of 8 hours and be home by night ( a total of 12 hour day trip ).

The cost of upgrading the existing legacy tracks is not that high. The cost of funding the project is not that high ( China has offered soft loans with interest rates as low as 1% ).

As for availability of Electricity, there will be a Surplus Electricity by the time this project ever materializes in 10 to 12 years.

P.S. No I never said anything but 125 MPH train. Do your damn HW before you start refuting my statements. Go back an read my previous Posts and show me where I mention anything about trains in KM.

125 KMPH is not High Speed train , Genious.

I don't know your definition of high speed trains but in India anything above 200 km/hr (125 MPH) is considered high speed.

Super Speed trains (max 581 km/haverage 450 km/h)
High-speed trains (max 300 km/h – average 200 km/h)

You are right that the Indian posters by default started talking about km/hr when in fact you were talking about miles/hr. Since you did not correct those posters their was general confusion about if you are referring to bullet trains or high speed trains.

You keep stating that the cost is not that high for the upgrade but have you guys done any feasibility study on this subject?
China is not going to fund you guys if you have not done your homework.

What is your cost estimate for this upgrade that you are looking at??

No Sir, My Grand Parents came fro OLD DEHLI and not Bihar.

Dehli walay Mughal ko bihari kehna, eik terhan ki Galee hai... :D
Ok i am sorry for that.You gave negative rating to a guy who used words like Bhaiya and stuff and you fought with him.So i thought that you are from Bihar,maybe i mistook you from someone else.

You keep stating that the cost is not that high for the upgrade but have you guys done any feasibility study on this subject?
China is not going to fund you guys if you have not done your homework.
What is your cost estimate for this upgrade that you are looking at??

Yes I am also curious to hear more about his research. @Pakistanisage

Yes I am also curious to hear more about his research. @Pakistanisage

Back to your trolling again, oh odious one ?

The cost is minimal and within our budget and when we decide to go ahead with this project, the money will be there.

You need not worry your pea brains over this project.

I know what HSR is and that's why I said those trains are not HSR; I did not concede anything as I wasn't arguing in the first place. India has done multiple feasibility studies of HSR in several corridors but there is no immediate plan to build these because they are highly expensive. The TOI report you posted was talking about a particular section, not all India. Bhopal Shatabdi express has been reported to reach a top speed of 160 km/h (100 mph) and 150 km/h for an extended period. Also there are other trains which can reach speed close to that now. Slowly things are improving. But we don't need HSR in India yet may be after 10-15 years. It is not economically viable as the cost of ticket prices would be quite high and people who could afford that would probably prefer air travel instead.

New record, Rajdhani Exp zooms to 145 kmph

You are absolutely right..... If i may add to it, the way new air ports are coming in , and lot of the tier 2 cities are getting air ports, and any HSR is going to be between tier 1 cities..... It will not be feasible atall....

The success of Indian rail is because, it is the cheapest way of travelling, i dont think any services in the world is cheaper than Indian railway....

The cost is minimal and within our budget and when we decide to go ahead with this project, the money will be there.

Are you retarded or something? How is that trolling? Don't expect everyone to agree with you all the time. You have said that you did research and the cost is minimal and within budget. Studies in India have shown that it is quite expensive, in fact many of us don't want HSR in India at this point. So obviously one would be curious to know how you made that conclusion. What is your budget when you say that it is within budget?

If the cost of building HSR was minimal then there would be HSR in many countries, not just a select few. Let us know what you consider as minimal.

It's funny that when you don't have an answer you start using personal insults, the last resort of the incompetent.

Last edited:
Trains' speed limit raised to 130kmph
The author has posted comments on this articleKumod Verma, TNN | Jan 20, 2014, 04.26AM IST

PATNA: Railways has decided to increase the speed limit to 130kmph on the mainline route on Jhajha-Mughalsarai section under Danapur division of East Central Railway (ECR). Work is going on in full swing to strengthen tracks on this particular route. At present the speed limit is 110kmph on this route for Rajdhani Express, mail and express trains.

Trains' speed limit raised to 130kmph - The Times of India

Article talks about a particular railway corridor.

fastest train in India is Bhopal Shatabdi express
India's 20 superfast trains - Rediff.com Business

New Delhi-Bhopal Shatabdi Express is the fastest train in India with the top speed of 160 km/hr.

Bhopal Shatabdi Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

excluding halts and touches a top speed of 156 km/h (97 mph)

We have been thought about this before, Pakistan can't be Europe or Japan because they prefer to live in third world permanently and doesn't want to develop further.

Do you really think million illiterate people will sit on the roof like this overload on new high speed trains ?

narowal-overloaded-train.jpg

Sir, once the trains become high speed no one will dare sit on the roof. So from all angles this seems to be a very good idea

yes and we should shove a Ghauri missile up Russia A** if it even thinks that

Well, Russia is more capable and mature, please take a look at how our country fighting over last 60 years without good progress, these people doesn't respect our country and Jinnah's vision. What's the point?

was this comment necessary in this thread?
i don't know ...I just tried to gave OP the idea how hard it was for pakistan to set up hispeed rail line network...
u don't always have to take criticism -vely ...sometime u need to look at the positive aspect of it too,....

It is not just the Indian "trollers" but if u go through the thread even your country men are saying saying that this is not a viable project. Since your ego is so small you are resorting to personal insults which shows you are losing your arguments.

Back
Top Bottom