What's new

Hey Indians, How Low Can You Get !

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Oh I don't mean anything personal rather talking about the Indian Air Force. I always look forward to the IAF's Republic Day Flypast, but sadly must say that despite adopting the policy of only fielding twin engine Jets for the occasion and only conducting a simple flypast, the IAF maintains a minimum altitude of some 300 Meters resulting formations becoming obscured specially if there is Cloud cover on the day, moreover the solo aircraft that runs in to execute Vertical Charlie already is at such height that by the time it pulls up to perform the rolls it becomes barely visible to the naked eye. In contrast it's interesting to see how the Pakistan Air Force is flying or rehearsing for the Pakistan Day Parade on 23 March. Here like all PAF jets, is a single engine F-16 carrying out aerobatics over the heart of Capital. Forget a simple flypast, it reportedly conducted most of it's display at around just 200 Feet AGL.
Confidence also plays a major part in Quality V Quantity equation.

FB_IMG_1647781753522.jpg

Here one can see the SU-30 doing a Vertical Charlie and despite it's huge size and a clear blue sky, it's hardly visible since it executes the manoeuvre at such a height.

Might be just me but going so low after Nauman Akrams crash might just not be worth it. Especially with all those high voltage electricity pylons up ther visible in the video.
Yeah they fly too low sometimes.

LOL, over it's base. :lol:
Plus we love this aircraft so much that we kept it in a museum.... Well whatever was left of it.
Oh if you meant over public areas, I believe it's not allowed. Very unfortunate for us. Some of the videos I've seen in the US where they fly supersonic near a crowded beach is something I'd love to experience.

Oh if you meant over public areas, I believe it's not allowed. Very unfortunate for us. Some of the videos I've seen in the US where they fly supersonic near a crowded beach is something I'd love to experience.
Yea even a simple flypast is done at such height that sometimes the aircraft end up behind Modi Ji's cloud.

Back
Top Bottom