What's new

Height of Pakistanis has fallen 4 inches over 50 years, say experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno that thats a given - I'm half a Punjabi and half a Kashmiri and I'm a mere 5'8 ! Most in my family are around that figure or an inch or two less or more...apart from the occasional (1 out of 15) 6 footer, of course ! Most Punjabis around me, in Lahore, apart from the rather well-off are either my height or shorter ! Most Pukhtoons that I've met are around my height too....but amongst all ethncities you do have the occasional 5'11-6+...but thats mostly an exception ! By the way these are my observations about the average man on the street....those of us from some of the wealthier (or even relatively well-off) families are of course taller, on average, than the average man....but then again that too isn't true for all of us !

Yup thats true. Diet is the main factor I think. Here in Australia, its very common to see kids born to migrant parents being much taller than their parents by the time they hit 16-17.

I guess thats why we have a term in Hindi(Khate peete khandaan ka lagta hai):woot:

Baloch are too small a group to have any major impact on the average and Pashtuns(just my observation) they tend to be at extremes, some of them are giants and some of them are quite small.

Pakistan's ethnic groups can not be compared to indians except Punjabi indians who make only 3% of india's population.The North-western South Asians (Punjabis, Pashtuns, Kashmiris, Baloch, Sindhis) are the best looking people of Southern Asia in physic and in features and complexion.

Reactions: AUz
Lets everyone state their height and see the average looking at members height. Just state 2 things.

1) Indian
2) 5ft 8

Lol even USA average height went down from 6 feet during WW II to 5'9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom