Status
Not open for further replies.

SajeevJino

Reaction score
Country
India
375257-shortpakistan-1336398238-712-640x480.jpg

FAISALABAD:

The average height of Pakistanis has fallen four inches over the last 50 years due to malnourishment and food deficiency.

This was revealed in a workshop on “Applied Nature Need Based research Projects of Food Industries” organized by National Institute of Food Science & Technology (NIFSAT) University of Agriculture, Faisalabad here on Monday.

Speaking on the occasion, Vice Chancellor, UAF Professor Dr Iqrar Ahmad Khan, said that cousin marriages were also one of the reasons for the short stature of Pakistanis. He urged the need for new diet packages to be introduced for balanced, affordable food.

Dr Iqrar also expressed concerns over existing eating habits, saying 50 years ago, large amounts of corn flour was traditionally consumed, but over time, Pakistanis had lost the mechanism to cook roti with corn flour, which was a cheaper, healthier staple food item.

Dr Iqrar revealed that a BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition and Dietetics and Food Engineering degree was being initiated for the first time in the country. He hoped that by introducing new disciplines, a trained human resource would be available for the food industry.

Speaking on the occasion, Mehboob Aly Manji, President, VITA Pakistan stressed the need to exploit the indigenous food potential by introducing fruits drinks such as Falsa, Luqat and Jaman. He said that floriculture practices could be most beneficial in uplifting the living standards of small farmers. Manji said Pakistan was exporting 80-90 tons of flowers to Saudi Arabia every year, and this volume could be increased by promoting and incentivizing floriculture.

Professor Dr Faqir Muhammad Anjum, Director General (NIFSAT) said that Nestle Pakistan and VITA Food have signed MOU’s to promote skill development initiatives through short courses.

“NIFSAT has conducted 12 national and international symposia, seminars and workshops during the last year with the collaboration of industries,” he added.

Dr Muhammad Shafique Ch. Director, RAMNA Food, Lahore stressed the need for a value addition mechanism, keeping in view the demand of consumers.

He expressed his concerns over the Punjab government’s decision to purchase 2.5 million ton of wheat this year, given that 4.5 million tons of wheat was stored in the province.

Height of Pakistanis has fallen 4 inches over 50 years, say experts – The Express Tribune

I find this research finding highly questionable.

If malnourishment were an issue, the life expectancy in Pakistan would not have doubled since independence. Published data shows that life expectancy in Pakistan has jumped from 32 years in 1947 to 67 years in 2009, and per Capita inflation-adjusted PPP income has risen from $766 in 1948 to $2603 in 2009.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Story After 64 Years of Independence

its not only Pakistan world is totally changed in last 60 years no pure food no pure fresh air and water for humans pollution and stress many many other resin also but still its better then neighbors heights .

Its actually the opposite in other countries. People are getting taller and bigger. Apparently even Indians are.

Indian children walking tall: An AIIMS study shows teenagers are 2 inches taller than in 1992 | Mail Online

I find this research finding highly questionable.

If malnourishment were an issue, the life expectancy in Pakistan would not have doubled since independence. Published data shows that life expectancy in Pakistan has jumped from 32 years in 1947 to 67 years in 2009, and per Capita inflation-adjusted PPP income has risen from $766 in 1948 to $2603 in 2009.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Story After 64 Years of Independence

Life expectancy is not affected by malnutrition alone. Modern medicine and better health care facilitites is the most important factor for increased life expectancy.

Its actually the opposite in other countries. People are getting taller and bigger. Apparently even Indians are.

Indian children walking tall: An AIIMS study shows teenagers are 2 inches taller than in 1992 | Mail Online

Life expectancy is not affected by malnutrition alone. Modern medicine and better health care facilitites is the most important factor for increased life expectancy.

okz good for you guys we are not in stress abut our height Pakistanis are better healthy and strong . what study say its good for just study .in real life i never seen Pakistanis have problem with there height

You are right.

There is a very direct temporal correlation between the economic growth of a nation and the average height of its people.

Prime examples are the Japanese post WWII, the Koreans post the Korean war, and the the Chinese more recently.

In all south asia, HDI and nutrition problems were very severe in 50s or even before freedom they were much bad due to famines.

SO nutrition availability is infact increased in during these 60 yrs, so the case should have been reverse.

Pakistan 167,0 5’5.7″ 159,196,336

India 162,3 5’3.9″ 1,065,070,607

So in essence we are still walking a few inches taller than our neighbours, and this is after Pakistanis allegedly lost 4" in height and the Indians have supposedly gained 2"........ I can live with that.!!

So in essence we are still walking a few inches taller than our neighbours, and this is after Pakistanis allegedly lost 4" in height and the Indians have supposedly gained 2"........ I can live with that.!!

I already provided the source in my above post too. Average Pakistani is taller and physically stronger than average Indian. Other than that , average Pakistani' penis size is also a bit 'larger' than average Indians' .... And since Indians are just complexed about skin color , let me just add that average Pakistani is fairer in complexion than average Indian...

So all in all : Average Pakistanis are taller , stronger , and fairer in complexion than average indians ...and offcourse with a slightly bigger penis too :lol:

Wheres that from? Source?

Wheres that from? Source?

Average Height by Country (Males >20 years) |

I already provided the source in my above post too. Average Pakistani is taller and physically stronger than average Indian. Other than that , average Pakistani' penis size is also a bit 'larger' than average Indians' .... And since Indians are just complexed about skin color , let me just add that average Pakistani is fairer in complexion than average Indian...

So all in all : Average Pakistanis are taller , stronger , and fairer in complexion than average indians ...and offcourse with a slightly bigger penis too :lol:

As they say, you win some and you loose some.....but the ladies certainly aren't complaining. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom