What's new

Hatf-IX - Tactical Multi-Tube Ballistic Missile

A-100 is used for that.

No offense bro, but try to search for it. A little knowledge would help answer it :)

Pretty much. But Naval versions have some different requirements of their own.
Babur is being modified for Naval purposes as a Cruise Missile, but NASR is being modified too. Classified. Cannot tell how/why.

I know thrust vectoring...it has been applied to the booster motor of Babur GLCM...

Also,as per the video,Nasr was launched at an angle...vertical launch would be good,if range is increased too...

Sir , It's a great achievement that your country is becoming self sufficient in Hight tech military hardware. There is no need to perceive or promote the view that this missile has everyone east of your country scared and running for counter measures.

If you think rationally, now the IA has to worry about a tactical nuke on the battlefield. This is a totally new scenario that has been introduced in the Indo-Pak context, something that was never thought about.

Although this might be a very useful tactical missile, you have had long range chinese and indigenous systems far more lethal than NASR since a long time. that did not disrupt our sleep, so please refrain from making claims that a short range tactical missile will scare us.

There is a world of difference between a tactical and a strategic nuke. Strategic nukes are big and slow, they take time to assemble and mobilize while a small tactical nuke can be in the battlefield in minutes. While a strategic nuke is under the command of a Major General or a Lt General, a tactical nuke is under the command of a Colonel or a Brigadier who is present at the battlefield making quick decisions. From a war fighting point of view, this is a completely new scenario. I am not saying that the entire nation of India needs to be afraid of this tactical nuke; but your advancing Armour Columns will be dead scared, because if they break through and achieve success very quickly, they are at the risk of getting fried up.

Both countries have their own respectable missile/aeronautics/space programs. Both countries have different security needs and deterrences.

No doubt about that

Next about the reasons that you stated:

Easy and undetected transportation: - do you know the realtime resolution of satellite imaging? Also IBG's will travel with with appropriate air interdiction

The Americans with all their high tech satellite imagery were not able to locate and spot exactly where the Iraqis were hidden, are you telling me that you have better real time satellite imagery than the Americans. Also the Pakistani Army is not the Iraqi Army, they are quite well trained in camouflaging their positions and we have learned this well from the Chinese whom are masters of this art. The IBG's will not be travelling with the appropriate Air Cover as the IAF will be busy duelling the skies with PAF in the initial campaign, so the air cover that the IBG's are relying on will be severely limited. Anyways, i am not saying that there is no chance of the Indians taking out the NASR, off course they can but PA can increase their chances of success by fielding more NASR's in numbers.

Speed and accuracy in hitting the target :- when the same thing is said about bramhos, everyone in this forum claims SPADA systems can take care of them right? please dont forget about Akash/spyder systems. What makes you think any armored column will advance without protection

A valid point, but you do realize that there are several tactics of countering the SAM threat. Besides even if your SAMS do take out NASR in the air, its only the message that PA wants to deliver that you are crossing the nuclear threshold line and the next strike will not be tactical, its going to be a strategic strike. I dont know who said that Brahmos will always be defeated, off course the missile has high heat signature but it definitely has a high probability of taking out its intended target but it depends what circumstances are we talking about. During skirmishes the chances of Brahmos succeeding are not as high as they would be in a full out shooting war.

Its vertical launch: How is that even an attribute to be bragging about.... these days most all aspect missiles are vertical launch

After the launch look how the missile maneuvers, this makes it easier for the missile to avoid the intercepting missiles.

If you think rationally, now the IA has to worry about a tactical nuke on the battlefield. This is a totally new scenario that has been introduced in the Indo-Pak context, something that was never thought about.

Tactical warhead can be mounted on any decent missile with good range. I dont think Indian Brass are amateurs that they are scurrying to and fro to save their IBG's from NARS

There is a world of difference between a tactical and a strategic nuke. Strategic nukes are big and slow, they take time to assemble and mobilize while a small tactical nuke can be in the battlefield in minutes. While a strategic nuke is under the command of a Major General or a Lt General, a tactical nuke is under the command of a Colonel or a Brigadier who is present at the battlefield making quick decisions. From a war fighting point of view, this is a completely new scenario. I am not saying that the entire nation of India needs to be afraid of this tactical nuke; but your advancing Armour Columns will be dead scared, because if they break through and achieve success very quickly, they are at the risk of getting fried up.
Sir with due respect, operationally deployed Prithvi II takes 8 mins to fire. Anyways are you sure your brass will initiate a nuke war with India under the command of a colonel or a brigadier?

The Americans with all their high tech satellite imagery were not able to locate and spot exactly where the Iraqis were hidden, are you telling me that you have better real time satellite imagery than the Americans. Also the Pakistani Army is not the Iraqi Army, they are quite well trained in camouflaging their positions and we have learned this well from the Chinese whom are masters of this art. The IBG's will not be travelling with the appropriate Air Cover as the IAF will be busy duelling the skies with PAF in the initial campaign, so the air cover that the IBG's are relying on will be severely limited. Anyways, i am not saying that there is no chance of the Indians taking out the NASR, off course they can but PA can increase their chances of success by fielding more NASR's in numbers.
You do realize that cold start and IBG business begins with Air interdiction. there will be dedicated air cover for IBG's. Agreed P.A are very experienced and adept in camouflaging, but element of surprise is with the IA, and I am sure IA wont announce thier arrival in advance that you will be able to setup your NASR to welcome them.

A valid point, but you do realize that there are several tactics of countering the SAM threat. Besides even if your SAMS do take out NASR in the air, its only the message that PA wants to deliver that you are crossing the nuclear threshold line and the next strike will not be tactical, its going to be a strategic strike. I dont know who said that Brahmos will always be defeated, off course the missile has high heat signature but it definitely has a high probability of taking out its intended target but it depends what circumstances are we talking about. During skirmishes the chances of Brahmos succeeding are not as high as they would be in a full out shooting war.

After the launch look how the missile maneuvers, this makes it easier for the missile to avoid the intercepting missiles.
It's something which has been achieved long ago by many others.

I dont mean to hurt anyone's sentiments here but the way NASR missile is being talked about makes me feel that people here have no faith in pakistani armour to stand up and take the fight to IA.

I am pretty sure all this cold start stuff is hyped up propaganda to feed the press.. If any conflict does escalate to nuclear level, mutual destruction is assured...

can anyone provide the info about the total weight,length and diameter of nasr.

As i want to compare it with prahar that why prahar range is 3 times to that of nasr

full data about the prahar is available.↲but not about nasr.but from pics the nasr look smaller than prahar

Tactical warhead can be mounted on any decent missile with good range. I dont think Indian Brass are amateurs that they are scurrying to and fro to save their IBG's from NARS

No it cannot, you have to design a totally new missile to fit the warhead for a tactical nuke. You are making it sound too easy, even designing an accurate rocket that is carried on the Smerch requires years of experience and testing. Its not that easy as you are making it sound

Sir with due respect, operationally deployed Prithvi II takes 8 mins to fire. Anyways are you sure your brass will initiate a nuke war with India under the command of a colonel or a brigadier?

8 minutes? Are you freakin kidding me, if that was true your country would have been the most sanctioned country in the world. India, like Pakistan keeps the missiles in separate parts away from each other unlike Russia or the US whom keep their missiles ready round the clock. It will take you definitely more than 8 minutes to assemble the nukes, you can mark my words for that. The components of the warheads are kept away from each other, this is why the Americans and the the rest of the world are relatively comfortable with us having nukes.

If the country is at the risk of getting cut up in two pieces, you can be sure that PA will fire the tactical nuke to send of the warning that BACK OFF or we are going to take it to the next level. It will be upto India if it wants to take it to the next level, but you can be sure that the entire Subcontinent will get fried up in the exchange.

You do realize that cold start and IBG business begins with Air interdiction. there will be dedicated air cover for IBG's. Agreed P.A are very experienced and adept in camouflaging, but element of surprise is with the IA, and I am sure IA wont announce thier arrival in advance that you will be able to setup your NASR to welcome them.

Its not that easy to move up an entire division, as soon as you start mobilizing your Armour the activity will not go unnoticed. Indian Major Armour Formations are heavily monitored by PA and same goes with IA monitoring PA's Armour Formations, with all the advances in technologies IA beating PA to the border is simply not possible. IA will not just get up one day and say "Hey we are going to mobilize and declare war", for IA to effectively mobilize some external event needs to take place. You can be sure that if that external event is serious, PA will start heavily monitoring the border.

I dont mean to hurt anyone's sentiments here but the way NASR missile is being talked about makes me feel that people here have no faith in pakistani armour to stand up and take the fight to IA.

Not at all, a good plan always has a contingency plan. If Plan A fails, there needs to be a Plan B. NASR is more of an insurance policy against an Indian invasion, thats about it. Looking at the balance of power, its roughly the same but there is always a good chance that the Indians can be the luckier/clever ones and manage to break through, something similar to the Wehrmacht breaking the French lines.

I am pretty sure all this cold start stuff is hyped up propaganda to feed the press.. If any conflict does escalate to nuclear level, mutual destruction is assured...

No doubt, and i pray to God this day never comes. But looking at the posture of the Indian Army, its acquisitions and the manoeuvres it has been performing, its quite evident that they want to achieve this capability.

@notorious_eagle sir pakistan is capable of manufacturing 20okg nuclear bomb , because your missile is capable of caring only 200kg pay load ... or PA is taking about dirty bomb .... even if you managed to miniaturise what will be its yield ,

@notorious_eagle sir pakistan is capable of manufacturing 20okg nuclear bomb , because your missile is capable of caring only 200kg pay load ... or PA is taking about dirty bomb .... even if you managed to miniaturise what will be its yield ,
it is known since 1998 that Pakistan can manufacture plutonium based nuclear devices..
official report on nasr quoted that it can be used both for conventional and nuclear deterrent..meaning that reason for 200kg is that it can be used for conventionally too.
pakistan can manufacture plutonium devices with weight in range of about 100 kg

can anyone provide the info about the total weight,length and diameter of nasr.

As i want to compare it with prahar that why prahar range is 3 times to that of nasr

all of this info is kept secret..we even are not sure about the exact range..

by the way we already have abdali and ghaznvi with range of 150 and 290 km..so that area is already covered

No it cannot, you have to design a totally new missile to fit the warhead for a tactical nuke. You are making it sound too easy, even designing an accurate rocket that is carried on the Smerch requires years of experience and testing. Its not that easy as you are making it sound

I am not talking about developing delevery systems. Rocket motors do need experience no doubt about that, but warhead systems interoperability is true, IGMDP delivery methods employ common systems, Warheads conventional or nuclear have standard interoperability in SFC ballistic systems for SRBM. I am sorry but I cannot comment more on that on a public forum, I hope you understand the reason

8 minutes? Are you freakin kidding me, if that was true your country would have been the most sanctioned country in the world. India, like Pakistan keeps the missiles in separate parts away from each other unlike Russia or the US whom keep their missiles ready round the clock. It will take you definitely more than 8 minutes to assemble the nukes, you can mark my words for that. The components of the warheads are kept away from each other, this is why the Americans and the the rest of the world are relatively comfortable with us having nukes.

operationally deployed Prithvi II can be fired in the exact time I specified, from central command in SFC it takes 8 mins for the missile to fire, including target coordinate verification and active deployment of warhead, conventional or otherwise and initiation of launch sequence. You will not find a single shred of evidence about this on the web. Question is are there oprationally deployed SRBM, official answer is NO. rest you can figure out.

If the country is at the risk of getting cut up in two pieces, you can be sure that PA will fire the tactical nuke to send of the warning that BACK OFF or we are going to take it to the next level. It will be upto India if it wants to take it to the next level, but you can be sure that the entire Subcontinent will get fried up in the exchange.

Its not that easy to move up an entire division, as soon as you start mobilizing your Armour the activity will not go unnoticed. Indian Major Armour Formations are heavily monitored by PA and same goes with IA monitoring PA's Armour Formations, with all the advances in technologies IA beating PA to the border is simply not possible. IA will not just get up one day and say "Hey we are going to mobilize and declare war", for IA to effectively mobilize some external event needs to take place. You can be sure that if that external event is serious, PA will start heavily monitoring the border.

I am pretty sure that IBG's wont be big chunky 200 vehicle armored thrusts into pak as assumed in this forum by experts. It would be in my opinion a fast moving smaller groups breaking LOC in 25-30 locations preceded by Air interdiction and followed by a bigger strike core.
Next, what will be the Indian SFC reaction say if say one or say 5-8 tactical nukes are fired on IA. you think there wont be any response?

Not at all, a good plan always has a contingency plan. If Plan A fails, there needs to be a Plan B. NASR is more of an insurance policy against an Indian invasion, thats about it. Looking at the balance of power, its roughly the same but there is always a good chance that the Indians can be the luckier/clever ones and manage to break through, something similar to the Wehrmacht breaking the French lines.

ok

But looking at the posture of the Indian Army, its acquisitions and the manoeuvres it has been performing, its quite evident that they want to achieve this capability.

It's their job, to convince everyone they can win , but in a war no one wins..

No doubt, and i pray to God this day never comes.

Its good to evaluate scenarios of battle in your mind and keep a strict vigil. I am actually very happy to see a stronger balanced Pak military. It ensures that there is no scenario where there is an actual war. I hope the same that we survive without fighting another war.

IMHO, this cold start business is sheer propaganda, India is no Germany and Pakistan is no Poland that one day we decide and jump in to pakistan . All these generals are very well aware of there abilities and want to fight limited actions under the shelter of Nuke umbrella.
In India Pakistan army is portrayed by lunatics as a entity whose main reason of survival is to hurt India, I have heard pakistani loons talking about hindus taking over Pakistan and all that usual BS. All this posturing is usually media driven because we are patriotic people and they play us on this war machinery card to sell their crap to us.

I dont think in last 20-30 years there has been any system developed or acquired by any one of these two countries thats a gamechanger

^^^ Awesome and healthy discussion by Sandy and notorious eagle...keep it up guys!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom