What's new

Has Pak. been sidelined by the Indo-Afgh. Strategic Agreement?

If you Pakistani's culd ony see the light. All of SOuth Asia combined would be a force to reckon with but sadly you guys are too narrow minded. I am sure india may have made mistakes but you guys are not willing to move forward. Truly sad....I am sure somewhere in that treaty they probably have a clause to set up a base in the future

what by doing deal with american puppets. Americans invade, impose their puppet, puppet does deal with india. Dont make me laugh. All neighbours should kick out american influence out of region, and all countries china india pakistan iran afghanistan should peacefully work together for better standard of living for our people.

These artificial 'agreements' are not for so long.

As soon as US/NATO leave that country, the power will again be in the hands of locals and you know whom they would prefer. ;)

That mayor of Kabul can sign as many agreements as he wants but we all know what will happen in the end.

Yup.. Its a nice dream to have.. Whatever floats the boat mate..

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Tell that to Pentagon, Vinod. :P

You mean the US State department.. Pentagon is already coming around to the same POV

what by doing deal with american puppets. Americans invade, impose their puppet, puppet does deal with india. Dont make me laugh. All neighbours should kick out american influence out of region, and all countries china india pakistan iran afghanistan should peacefully work together for better standard of living for our people.

Afghans want a government with Mullah Omar as the Ameer-ul-Momeen and the Jalaluddin Haqqani as the Wazeer-e-Azam. Karzai is a puppet but Omar and Haqqani represent the true desire of the Afghans. Those who disagree are Wajib-ul-Qatl traitors.

All Afghans want a government with Mullah Omar as the Ameer-ul-Momeen and the Jalaluddin Haqqani as the Wazeer-e-Azam. Those who disagree are Wajib-ul-Qatl traitors.

Whoever the maijority of afghanis want they should get I dont see why you are saying it should be taleban? im not. But karzai is a puppet. The west them selves in reports in western press say that karzai is a puppet and that is election was a fraud

Whoever the maijority of afghanis want they should get I dont see why you are saying it should be taleban? im not. But karzai is a puppet. The west them selves in reports in western press say that karzai is a puppet and that is election was a fraud

if its not the puppet govt. then it is taliban,there is no choice in that so the neighbouring countries must help the puppet govt for benefit of the afghans and the region

'Journey in time' and tell me what exactly, outside of rhetoric and meaningless conferences, the tangible differences are in Afghanistan's policies towards Pakistan and India, under Karzai, pre Rabbani assassination and post Rabbani assassination ...

Heck, even in terms of 'poisonous rhetoric towards Pakistan, when did Karzai/Afghanistan ever stop?

Well, go thru some of the threads dating back to the days of London conference and you will know what I mean. Simply that something that began as sensitivities to Pakistan's security interests is no longer being kept up as even appearances.. If you think that is no skin off Pakistan's back, that's your POV and more power to you...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/u-s-foreign-affairs/45668-india-being-left-out-afghan-matrix.html

Also made me realize that the pipe dreams of USA cutting and running from AFG are being had since Jan 2010 :)

if its not the puppet govt. then it is taliban,there is no choice in that so the neighbouring countries must help the puppet govt for benefit of the afghans and the region

do you not understand why must there be a choice betweeen only these what cos americans, indians and pakistanis govts say so?

That's right, it's Abdullah Abdullah who should have rightfully been President?

It is in everybody's interest to have a healthy peaceful Afghanistan. If India genuinely believe they can assist in this being accomplished then that's great.
I don't want to harp on about it but Pakistan have a large border with this nation.
Pakistan have close to 3 million Afghan's in their land. They constantly are being accused of atrocities and harboring terrorists and you know the rest. I think it is frustratingly rich for anyone to suggest Pakistan can be potentially sidelined. I'm sorry it cant and wont happen. It is in the best interests of all parties for Pakistan to be involved.

I dont disagree to the whole border / neighbor argument and the fact that Pakistan can not be ignored in Afg equation. However the challenge is that currently, Afghanistan and USA (sometimes openly sometimes in secret) considers Pakistan as a part of the problem and not part of the solution in Afghanistan.

That's right, it's Abdullah Abdullah who should have rightfully been President?

i dont care who it should be all i am saying is that karzai does not represent afghanis period and any moves he makes should be seen as such his moves not ness afghanis

i dont care who it should be all i am saying is that karzai does not represent afghanis period and any moves he makes should be seen as such his moves not ness afghanis

You are saying that Karzai is a puppet who won the election only because of fraud. Which means you believe that Abdullah Abdullah is the rightful President.

Well, go thru some of the threads dating back to the days of London conference and you will know what I mean. Simply that something that began as sensitivities to Pakistan's security interests is no longer being kept up as even appearances.. If you think that is no skin off Pakistan's back, that's your POV and more power to you...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/u-s-foreign-affairs/45668-india-being-left-out-afghan-matrix.html
So in essence, the only thing that has changed is that 'appearances are not being kept anymore with respect to Pakistani sensitivities'.

And yes, 'appearances' are indeed 'no skin off of the back of policy makers', since it is actual policy that counts, not rhetoric or appearances.

So allow me to paraphrase your comment, 'if Indians are happy viewing a shift in appearances as meaningful change, despite almost no tangible change in policy on the ground, then more power to you ...'

It may mean, and its a conjecture, that the training can now take place in Afghanistan and consequently will be of broader scope. Afterall there were calls by Kabul on India to take that role as late as June 2011, even when a few officers were already in Indian academies.
Indian military personnel in Afghanistan on a relatively large scale participating in training and setting up bases to support that 'training' would indeed be a tangible and significant shift.

We'll have to wait and see if that happens ...

It can. Don't you think NA has been imposed on them by NATO/USA?

No It can't. Not on the whole country. How much of Afghanistan is under control of ANA? Less than 30%. And compare it to that of Taliban rule and you'll have your answer.

I am not sure about them hating NATO.

About India (or me!), I don't think so. Every available info tells me otherwise.

There is no reason for them to hate us. We have not imposed the evil medieval Talibs on them.[

And what available info is that exactly apart from the word of Karzai regime? Like I said, Pakistan or ISI cannot impose any govt. on any country. You are giving them too much of credit.

Remember 70% of Afghanistan is still under Taliban control according to Nato. You and I both know that no insurgency can go on for that long without local support. So how would you explain this?

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Not sure what you mean. Of course Pakistan has harbored the Taliban and can continue of make life hell for Afghans, if that is what you meant.

No I was referring to the latest accusations of US that Haqqani network (and by extension, Taliban) is supported by Pakistan.

Yup.. Its a nice dream to have.. Whatever floats the boat mate..

Nopes its not a dream. Do you believe once US leaves and negotiate with Taliban, they are gonna mend their ways?

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

You mean the US State department.. Pentagon is already coming around to the same POV

You didn't get my point. And by the way Pentagon is searching for a scapegoat for bringing American economy where it is. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom