What's new

Happy Chinese New Year:) Beautiful China.

Just finished watching “The Monkey King Hero Is Back” on CCTV 6. :D:enjoy:

I have CBox application on laptop so I can watch all CCTV platforms even on the go as long as I have Wi-Fi access.

I watched the Spring Festival Gala on CCTV1 and then kept watching (listening, most of the time) CCTV5, and, of course, CCTV7, lol.

But I missed the CCTV6.

I have CBox application on laptop so I can watch all CCTV platforms even on the go as long as I have Wi-Fi access.

I watched the Spring Festival Gala on CCTV1 and then kept watching (listening, most of the time) CCTV5, and, of course, CCTV7, lol.

But I missed the CCTV6.

CCTV5 and CCTV7?Sports、agriculture and military affairs?An interesting mixture。:-):enjoy:

CCTV5 and CCTV7?Sports、agriculture and military affairs?An interesting mixture。:-):enjoy:

Oh, I mis-typed. CCTV15, to be exact. CCTV5 is rarely, only when there is a live international event.

Watched a little bit of Xinjiang Winter Games. :partay:

Let me share some of my own pictures I took recently (yesterday, to be precise) in Yunlin county in China's Taiwan province when I visited a Temple.

View attachment 292883 View attachment 292884 View attachment 292885 View attachment 292886 View attachment 292887 View attachment 292888

@Nihonjin1051 , @AndrewJin , @cirr , @Chinese-Dragon , @Jlaw , @Jguo , @Daniel808 , @Kiss_of_the_Dragon , @beijingwalker et al.

View attachment 292889

Happy Chinese New Year, bro @TaiShang @AndrewJin @cirr @Shotgunner51 @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio, and all Chinese Members in PDF.
Wish all of us have success and great fortune in this Fire Monkey year :yahoo:

happy-chinese-new-year-2016-with-a-cute-monkey_23-2147532303.jpg

Happy Chinese New Year.jpg

Gong Xi Fat Chai !
Xin nian kuai le
Wan shi ru yi :partay:

Are you Chinese Indonesian too? @yantong1980

Happy Chinese New Year, bro @TaiShang @AndrewJin @cirr @Shotgunner51 @Chinese-Dragon @cnleio, and all Chinese Members in PDF.
Wish all of us have success and great fortune in this Fire Monkey year :yahoo:

View attachment 292893
View attachment 292894

Gong Xi Fat Chai !
Xin nian kuai le
Wan shi ru yi :partay:

Are you Chinese Indonesian too? @yantong1980
Thank you Daniel, u too have an auspicious Monkey Year!

Chinese movie guide for 2016 Spring Festival
China.org.cn, February 7, 2016

The Spring Festival has become one of the hottest climaxes of the year and a gold season for any blockbusters set to make box office records. Three rival giants will open the Year of the Monkey on Feb. 8, 2016. China.org.cn will preview the most outstanding pieces to be released during and after the Chinese lunar New Year.

"Mermaid"

"Mermaid"

Director: Stephen Chow

Starring: Deng Chao, Kitty Zhang Yuqi, Jelly Lin Yun, Show Lo and Kris Wu

Release Date: Feb. 8, 2016

"Mermaid" is a science fiction comedy directed by China's "King of Comedy" Stephen Chow, though the genius comedian is more comfortable this time around being a director rather than an actor. The film is the most anticipated film in this season as Chow has been absent from the movie landscape, spending three years working on it. The story will have an environmental protection theme and will touch on romance between humans and mermaids, according to its trailers. However, Chow hasn't shown the film to any audiences, fans or film critics alike, maintaining an air of mystery, and repeatedly described it as "invincible." Fond memories of Chow's films and his own brand helped it earn the biggest presales of this season, but whether the film will entertain audiences and reach the heights of anticipation remain to be seen and will affect its future box office grosses.

"The Monkey King 2"

"The Monkey King 2"

Director: Cheang Pou-soi

Starring: Aaron Kwok, Gong Li, Feng Shaofeng, Xiao Shenyang and Law Chung-him

"The Monkey King 2" is the sequel to the 2014 box office hit, "The Monkey King" with Cheang Pou-soi returning as director and Sammo Hung as the action director, replacing Donnie Yen from the previous installment. Considering the incredible popularity of the classic novel, "Journey to the West" together with the film's star-studded cast, fabulous visual effects and the special significance that this is the Year of the Monkey in the Chinese Zodiac, the film is expected to earn massive grosses as it opens on the same day as "Mermaid." Although the first installment was panned by moviegoers and critics as one of the worst adaptations of "Journey to the West," the new one has a clear improvement in special effects, script and acting, especially actress Gong Li, who presents a powerful performance as the big villain. It received applause in hundreds of advanced screenings in recent weeks.

"The Man from Macao III"

"The Man from Macao III"

Directors: Andrew Lau, Wong Jing

Starring: Chow Yun-fat, Andy Lau, Nick Cheung, Li Yuchun, Jacky Cheung and Carina Lau

"The Man from Macao III" is a Chinese action comedy film directed by Andrew Lau and Wong Jing. It is the third installment of the blockbuster franchise "The Man from Macau." The previous two episodes had great success in the past, and the film upgraded its scale with more movie stars and family-friendly fun for the new installment. Of course, the quality of the film could never meet the academy award standard with fans complaining about the cliché old tricks used, but it is always fun to watch. No matter whether the final cut is good or bad, Wong Jing has already promised that this will be the last installment, and that he will come back with new ideas for films in the future.

Adjust font size:
t_18.gif
t_19.gif

"Mr. Nian"

"Mr. Nian"

Director: Zhang Yang

Voices: Lei Jiayin, Zhou Dongyu, Tao Hong, Zhang Yibai, Guo Tao, Chen He, Liu Yiwei, Shen Teng, Xiong Naijin

"Mr. Nian" is an animated feature produced by director Ning Hao and directed by Zhang Yang. The film is the only Chinese animation released along with the three giants on the same day. The film tells a story about the adventure of the magical beast of Nian (literally translated as "Year"). According to Chinese legend, people have to ignite firecrackers to scare away Nian to get good luck for a new year. The original Chinese animated feature has been advertised as family fun for the particular season, with the beast of Nian also being cutely designed for children. However, due to some of its silly or childish plot, its targeted audiences should be well below 15 years old. In addition to the three giants, "Mr. Nian" will also compete with the invincible China-US co-production animation blockbuster "Kung Fu Panda 3," which hit screens in China one week earlier than Feb. 8.

"Kill Time"

"Kill Time"

Director: Fruit Chan

Starring: Angelababy, Ethan Ruan, Rayza, Zhang Chao, Hao Lei, Huang Jue, Suet Lam, Pan Hong

Release Date: Feb. 14, 2016

The film was adapted from one of thrillers written by novelist Cai Jun. "Kill Time" tells a social story with great suspense and intense love and hate. The story is perfect for Fruit Chan's style to intertwine romance and detective elements. The film is clearly aimed at the Valentine's Day season, and the latter part of the Spring Festival holiday.

"Run For Love"

"Run For Love"

Directors: Zhang Yibai, Guan Hu, Zhang Meng, Teng Huatao, Gao Qunshu

Starring: Zhang Ziyi, Eddie Peng, Tong Liya, Zhou Dongyu, Michelle Chen, Zhang Yi, Liang Jing, Wang Qianyuan, MoMo Wu

Release Date: Feb. 14, 2016

Just like "Cities in Love," "Run For Love" is a film with five parts directed by five different directors to tackle urban love stories. The film was shot in various places in Asia, Europe, and America, and is aimed at showing different interpretations of love. But it is hard to say if the final product can balance the different styles of the directors when the film is assembled as one. The cast is star-studded, including Zhang Ziyi, and will also target fans and lovers during Valentine's Day and also the latter part of the Spring Festival holiday season.
Chinese box office crazy these days!
8 Feb, 632 million yuan ($96 million)
9 Feb, 516 million yuan ($78 million)
10 Feb, 497 million yuan ($75 million)
11 Feb, 468 million yuan(until now)

谢谢!!也祝你们新年快乐~~好像你们不过春节的把》》

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom