What's new

Hamid Mir attacks army

Impartial analysis on his allegations:

He has not abused the institution of Army or whole army. Just gave few remarks against Pervez Musharaf. Now he has to prove his allegations. His words are softer as compared to the tweets of maryam nawaz. So, if state will arrest him, then there will be a question for equality of justice!

Generals should not declare any remarks against them as an anti-state or anti-army treason because in Pakistan, it is a reality that our army's top brass participated in politics overtly or covertly. Nawaz, Zardari, Imran, Altaf are the products of few such decisions.

Gen Bajwa has criticized the decisions of Gen Zia in one of his speech, maybe a Gen after 15-20 years will criticize the decisions of Gen Bajwa. Humans are not error proof!

Impartial analysis on his allegations:

He has not abused the institution of Army or whole army. Just gave few remarks against Pervez Musharaf. Now he has to prove his allegations. His words are softer as compared to the tweets of maryam nawaz. So, if state will arrest him, then there will be a question for equality of justice!

Generals should not declare any remarks against them as an anti-state or anti-army treason because in Pakistan, it is a reality that our army's top brass participated in politics overtly or covertly. Nawaz, Zardari, Imran, Altaf are the products of few such decisions.

Gen Bajwa has criticized the decisions of Gen Zia in one of his speech, maybe a Gen after 15-20 years will criticize the decisions of Gen Bajwa. Humans are not error proof!

This time frame is the exact one I often quote here, I often say that whatever happens today will become clear in 'a decade or two'. 20 years seems to be enough time for the current brass to retire, for fresh crop to cycle forth a few times, and then beyond private reflection, some public criticism for past decisions. As an example, 1990 election was finally ruled as rigged in 2012, people back then alleged that it was, but it wasn't proven until much later. The accused, including former generals, were brought before courts. Musharraf's coup and later PCO, was finally ruled over in 2019. So following this pattern, not only will generals themselves criticise whatever happened 15-20 years after the fact. Enough time has passed by then for both public and judicial scrutiny to crystalize.

I’ve already played these silly mental gymnastics with another member in this thread who cast doubts on both Hamid Mir’s injuries and Ali Toor’s. And then he conveniently shifted the goal posts once proven wrong.

I haven’t seen pictures, nor was I there to examine his wounds or retrieve bullet fragments. It’s widely known he was shot several times, his car had broken windows and his seats were smeared with blood. He was treated at Agha Khan hospital. It was a widely publicised and high profile case. Nobody denied that he was shot, thus it was condemned by both ISPR and the current PM. And the shooting was meant to be investigated by a three member judicial commission.

So why don’t you pick an argument and stick to it? Are his injuries fake? Self inflicted but not fake? Etc? Pick something and run with it, this absurd game where you try to poke holes in the credibility of his story by the lack of visible wounds and other absurd standards of proof, shows that you’re willing to bend your position to suit your ultimate conclusion... that he is somehow lying about his ordeal.

You don't have the intellect to answer simple questions so usual garbage comes out. Blaming Army/ISI without an iota of evidence is all good for conspiracy theorists like you but asking for evidence of bullets going through the body of claimants is some silly mental gymnastics! Wow! Where the feck were you educated and by whom!?

You don't have the intellect to answer simple questions so usual garbage comes out. Blaming Army/ISI without an iota of evidence is all good for conspiracy theorists like you but asking for evidence of bullets going through the body of claimants is some silly mental gymnastics! Wow! Where the feck were you educated and by whom!?

You need to calm down. I'm not going to insult you in turn.

The mental gymnastics comment is one which describes contorting and bending one's logic, intuition, and critical thinking, to serve a preconceived conclusion. I asked you to pick a point to base your arguments on... Is he faking his injuries, or are they self-inflicted etc. This is the third time I am asking, and I still don't have an answer. Instead all I've got is an emotionally charged broadside.

As for my education, the last leg of it was at a pretty decent university, I first earned a first class undergraduate degree in technical discipline, and followed up with post-graduate degree study in business, I won two awards for the latter based on my academic performance and the strength of my master's thesis. Since then, I am continuing educational certification in a professional capacity, Alhamdulillah.

I won't presume to ask where you have been educated, or insult you. I have seen from our conversations that you are indeed educated and well-spoken. May God bless you with further honour.

Last edited:
I mean it is quiet evident where your bias lies. If that is the case bring me a single actual proof of the allegations you raised on national institute?
Do you have anything apart from the words of an afghan refugee just like umar cheema?

I am biased against anyone who abrogates the constitution of Pakistan, whether he/she be in uniform or otherwise. And what proof do you need for my allegation?

Here's your proof:

I am biased against anyone who abrogates the constitution of Pakistan, whether he/she be in uniform or otherwise. And what proof do you need for my allegation?

Here's your proof:

Even in the recent treason trial Musharraf got army appointed legal counsel and defence, and ISPR comes out with a statement conveying their disapproval at a court upholding the constitution in the case of a washed up dictator. The same constitution that they as members of the armed forces swear an oath to.

I'm just curious, what has Hamid Mir said about Musharraf that is so offensive?

Our Prime Minister has said similar things in the past:

I'm just curious, what has Hamid Mir said about Musharraf that is so offensive?

Our Prime Minister has said similar things in the past:

Article 6.
Does this mean we should run #ArrestImranKhan ??

And here's him talking about generals at 0:40:

Here's your proof:

Hahaha,

I laugh at the hypocrisy that you lot show, I might break it down for you, you toe this constitution bullshit as long as it serves your narrative, your political master.

No one follows the constitution in this country, judges bend it to earn cash and political bidding, journalists abuse and use it as a defense to earn cash and further their personal interest/loyalty to work against the interests of the very state on foreign agendas, politicians rape it and bend it at their will to loot and plunder the state, establish family monarchies, suffocate the state.

BUT BUT BUT why did the army abuse it to protect the state against an actual traitor who forcefully directed a serving army chief plane to land in India and not allow it to land in Pakistan.

Hahaha,

I laugh at the hypocrisy that you lot show, I might break it down for you, you toe this constitution bullshit as long as it serves your narrative, your political master.

No one follows the constitution in this country, judges bend it to earn cash and political bidding, journalists abuse and use it as a defense to earn cash and further their personal interest/loyalty to work against the interests of the very state on foreign agendas, politicians rape it and bend it at their will to loot and plunder the state, establish family monarchies, suffocate the state.

BUT BUT BUT why did the army abuse it to protect the state against an actual traitor who forcefully directed a serving army chief plane to land in India and not allow it to land in Pakistan.

I'll ignore your rant but abuse of power by other institutions does not absolve a soldier from breaking his sacred oath.

Oath breakers and traitors should be treated the same, whether in uniform or otherwise.

Here's your proof:

You are distributing material related to a declared traitor. This is a cyber crime.

You go to jail.
You go to jail.

Everyone goes to jail.

Article 6.
Does this mean we should run #ArrestImranKhan ??

And here's him talking about generals at 0:40:

No, this is a no-go area. Insafians are blind when it comes to Imran Khan's past statements. They'll only counter it by bringing in something of his opponent but never talk about this.
You are distributing material related to a declared traitor. This is a cyber crime.

You go to jail.
You go to jail.

Everyone goes to jail.

Might also get kidnapped in a black vigo.

I'll ignore your rant but abuse of power by other institutions do not absolve a soldier from breaking his sacred oath.

Oath breakers and traitors should be treated the same, whether in uniform or otherwise.

Truth stings like a bitch, sorry to break your bubble, but army soldier is not the only one who takes an oath.

Cut the bullshit, you don't give a f**k about the constitution, all you care about is using it as a tool against army because it justifies your political goal.

It also said so in the constitution, to ensure the security and defense of our country and protect against threats. Our institutions are exactly doing that.

Back
Top Bottom