What's new

Hamaseh drone unveiled in kish air show

No imported austrian rotax engine should make it cheaper than the S-129. Despite its more complex airframe concept, its smaller and not designed for long range missions. 200km range ground data link control as well as two light PGMs for a endurance of nearly 10 hours would make it a good replacement for Mojaher-4. Lets see if the Army, Navy, Air Force or Border Guards are going to buy it to fill the role of the M-4. The IRGC is certainly not going to buy this defense ministry product.

I wonder if it's a replacement for Mohajer ?
maybe Ababil 3 (as they are offering it openly for sale), but not Mohajer.

Unlike Hamaseh, Mohajer with it's launch system can be used in all terrains and conditions and is more compact, a suitable tool for ground forces, and asymmetric warfare, that's why latest delivery to ground forces was Mohajer 2M and Shahin(Mohajer 4+); and even air to air combat capability were added to this class (Sadeq UCAV).

Mohajer still doesn't have any rival.
I consider Hamaseh as an modified/optimized Mohajer4 for stationary unites.

شاهین؛سنگین ترین پهپاد نزاجا+عکس
مهاجر و میثاق؛ ترکیبی که هر نیت پلیدی را تجزیه خواهد کرد +عکس
رونمایی از عضو جدید خانواده پهپادهای مهاجر+عکس

I
maybe Ababil 3 (as they are offering it openly for sale), but not Mohajer.

Unlike Hamaseh, Mohajer with it's launch system can be used in all terrains and conditions and is more compact, a suitable tool for ground forces, and asymmetric warfare, that's why latest delivery to ground forces was Mohajer 2M and Shahin(Mohajer 4+); and even air to air combat capability were added to this class (Sadeq UCAV).

Mohajer still doesn't have any rival.
I consider Hamaseh as an modified/optimized Mohajer4 for stationary unites.

شاهین؛سنگین ترین پهپاد نزاجا+عکس
مهاجر و میثاق؛ ترکیبی که هر نیت پلیدی را تجزیه خواهد کرد +عکس
رونمایی از عضو جدید خانواده پهپادهای مهاجر+عکس
Its possible but I thought ababil is built so it can be used as a suicide drone while it seems hamaseh is not designed for such missions .
By the way won't you think for asymmetrical warfare a UAV like Yasir can be more suitable for small and independent units ?

I

Its possible but I thought ababil is built so it can be used as a suicide drone while it seems hamaseh is not designed for such missions .
Ababil 3 has nothing to do with Ababil 1/2. it's just some idiotic naming in Iran which you know better.

Ababil 1/2 has some characteristics which makes it ideal for using as target or suicide drone, yet definitely Ababil 3 doesn't have those characteristics. this poster describes the differences very well:
Ababil%202%20-%20Uav%20System%20Catalog.jpg

By the way won't you think for asymmetrical warfare a UAV like Yasir can be more suitable for small and independent units ?
Yes, it's Ideal, but with a very limited capabilities, that's why in the same ceremony Yasir was delivered along with two heavier classes. Mohajer 2M (weight 90) and Shahin (weight 230kg).

Ababil 3 has nothing to do with Ababil 1/2. it's just some idiotic naming in Iran which you know better.

Ababil 1/2 has some characteristics which makes it ideal for using as target or suicide drone, yet definitely Ababil 3 doesn't have those characteristics. this poster describes the differences very well:
Ababil%202%20-%20Uav%20System%20Catalog.jpg

Yes, it's Ideal, but with a very limited capabilities, that's why in the same ceremony Yasir was delivered along with two heavier classes. Mohajer 2M (weight 90) and Shahin (weight 230kg).
Now that you put that picture it show you are right . but now I wonder why they named it ababil and not mohajer. It have structural characteristics of mohajer UAV family and you can say it has zero similarity with previous ababil UAVs .
اگر با من بود کسی را که مسوول انتخاب اسم برای این پهپاد ها بود یک صبح تا شب دور قرارگاه کلاغ پر میبردم.

Now that you put that picture it show you are right . but now I wonder why they named it ababil and not mohajer. It have structural characteristics of mohajer UAV family and you can say it has zero similarity with previous ababil UAVs .

I think there are two "teams" in Ghods Industries. One of them is the one that developed the original Ababil and the other the one that continued the development of Mohajer. I think the Ababil team was responsible for the license production (and eventual copying) of the early version of the South African Seeker drone (yes. Ababil-3 is actually not a domestic design).

Note that all of this was speculation, but if we accept the idea that there are two "teams" in Ghods Industries, we can also explain the variety of different drones with similar capabilities that Iran currently has. (Mohajer-4N, Ababil-3, Shahed-123 is an example, each developed by a separate team). In other words, we might have three different UAV developing teams working in parallel.

Last edited:
I think there are two "teams" in Ghods Industries. One of them is the one that developed the original Ababil and the other the one that continued the development of Mohajer. I think the Ababil team was responsible for the license production (and eventual copying) of the early version of the South African Seeker drone (yes. Ababil-3 is actually not a domestic design).

Note that all of this was speculation, but if we accept the idea that there are two "teams" in Ghods Industries, we can also explain the variety of different drones with similar capabilities that Iran currently has. (Mohajer-4N, Ababil-3, Shahed-123 is an example, each developed by a separate team). In other words, we might have three different UAV developing teams working in parallel.
Its pretty unlikely that the seeker and abadil 3 have anything in common apart from some similarities in appearance,the seeker is bigger than the abadil 3 and it wouldnt really make much sense to go to all the trouble of redesigning it just to wind up with a smaller less capable drone
heres the seeker 2
Seeker-II.jpg

and heres the ababil 3
Ababil-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom