What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
drdo is aiming at 2052hybrid aesa radar for tejas mk2 in 2013-14 !!!

DRDO want's to use its own AESA developed for the AEW&CS ,
they are working on a spin of for use for the Tejas.

DRDO develops the radars for the Tejas , so i think they may use their own AESA

i am considering delays with it thats why i said tejasmk2 with aesa in 2013-14

guys i heard that ej200 is being improved so as to increase its thrust !! is it true ??

i am considering delays with it thats why i said tejasmk2 with aesa in 2013-14

guys i heard that ej200 is being improved so as to increase its thrust !! is it true ??

Check this site:

Eurofighter Technology and Performance : Propulsion

@ gogbot

The Kaveri engine has been specifically designed for the demanding Indian operating environment, which ranges from hot desert to the highest mountain range in the world. The GTRE's design envisions achieving a fan pressure ratio of 4:1 and an overall pressure ratio of 27:1, which it believes will permit the Tejas to "supercruise" (cruise supersonically without the use of the afterburner).

The link above says:

The three stages achieve a pressure ratio of around 4.2:1 with an air mass flow of some 77kg/s (or 170lb/s).

One more reason why I believe SC is possible with the new engines in LCA MK2

Thats even better guys ......
india with its own aesa radar !!!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers:

any company which has shown interest in this jv ?? plz tell

though i am excited but doubtful at the same time bcoz i fear this radar will be not operational at the same time wid tejas mk2 resulting in another set of delays !!!

i am saying this keeping drdo's trend in mind !!!! :hitwall: :hitwall:

The Hindu : News / National : Eurojet offers dual-use engine for LCA

“The engine will be competitive in many aspects”

Eager to join hands with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and its associates in the development of India's Light Combat Aircraft ‘Tejas-Mark II,' the Eurojet consortium is offering its engine that could be tweaked to work on its naval version.

“We are offering two variants of the EJ200, bidding for the India's LCA Mark-II which can be altered through a software change to suit the requirements for the naval version of the LCA,” Eurojet Vice-President Sales Paul Hermann told a group of journalists here.

The Aeronautical Defence Agency (ADA), the nodal agency for the design and development of the LCA under the overall supervision of the DRDO, had sought a proposal from the EJ200 and the American GE414 engine. The order will be initially for 99 engines with 10 of these in ready-to-use condition. There is an option for additional 49 engines order.

Eurojet Chief Engineer Wolfgang Sterr said there were over 1,500 EJ200 engines for the 700-plus Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft under contract to six nations. He said the engine was suitable for the LCA and could be used for the naval variant that the ADA was working on.

The Eurofighter is in the race for the 126 Medium Multi-Role Combat Aircraft that the IAF is acquiring.

The naval version requirement of greater thrust for take-off from an aircraft carrier can be met without altering the hardware of the engine. With a switch of software the EJ200 can be used for the naval variant and vice-versa.

While the company preferred not to make any direct comment on the price tag, EJ Sales Director Adrian Johnson, said it would be competitive in many aspects through low life cycle costs, transfer of technology and offering partnership to India for future development and enhancement of the engine and its systems.

The officials said, “If the Eurojet makes the grade, the organisation could also share its expertise in India's quest to develop indigenous Kaveri engine. We have experienced the challenge India is facing, At Rolls-Royce, it took us 100 years to get where we are…,”Mr. Johnson said.

The Eurojet consortium includes Rolls-Royce (England), MTU (German), ITP (Spain) and Avio (Italy).

Euro-Fighter seems to be Nodding rather Aggressively with India.

While i have some doubts with the Euro-Fighter

And EJ-200 engine is just very expensive.

GE-414 offers more trust , super cruise and half as cheap.

I think it will be good investment if we Acquired the EJ-200 , and worked on the Trust vector and Super cruise. And then re-design the Tejas to use The TVC for manoeuvring , this will require development of highly complicated Flight control laws , The Tejas already has every Complicated FCL due the RSS design , adding trust vectoring. IT will be a proper Challenge to establish our Capabilities when it comes to Complex aircraft FCL.

AERO INDIA: Eurojet offering thrust-vectoring EJ200 for LCA

AERO INDIA: Eurojet offering thrust-vectoring EJ200 for LCA
By Andrew Doyle

Eurojet is to propose a thrust-vectoring version of the Eurofighter Typhoon's EJ200 powerplant to meet India's requirement for up to 150 engines to equip the first squadrons of its indigenously developed Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA).

The Aeronautical Development Agency - which is leading development of the Tejas - is expected to issue a request for proposals in the next few weeks, pitching the EJ200 against General Electric's F414.
The Eurojet partner companies have been working on thrust vectoring nozzle technology for several years, lead by Spanish manufacturer ITP, which validated the concept during a series of bench tests. Eurofighter majority stakeholder EADS is equipping a cockpit simulator at its Manching facility to demonstrate the potential performance enhancements.

Thrust vectoring nozzle technology is being offered to the Eurofighter customer nations on the basis that it could significantly lower lifecycle costs by reducing fuel burn by "3-4% on an average mission" and extending the life of hot section parts, says Eurojet technical director Matt Price.
This is achieved by optimising nozzle shape throughout the flight envelope, and by eliminating the need for drag-inducing control surface deflections to trim the aircraft, particularly at supersonic speeds, where the aerodynamic centre moves aft, causing the nose to pitch down.

In addition, the technology can enhance agility, which could be of particular benefit to the Tejas as it is a delta-winged design that lacks canards.
EADS is leading the Eurofighter bid to win India's 126-aircraft medium multirole combat aircraft contest with the twin-engined Typhoon, and a deal to also equip the country's single-engined LCAs with the EJ200 would make the economics of establishing an in-country engine assembly line considerably more attractive.
The latest iteration of the Typhoon's flight-control system software has been designed to incorporate thrust-vectoring, and flight tests of the ITP thrust vectoring nozzle could begin within the next two years.

The flight-control system can be configured to use the thrust vectoring nozzle as an additional "control surface", boosting damage tolerance and reducing the risk of loss-of-control at low speeds, says Wolfgang Sterr, Eurojet engineering director EJ200/LCA. Furthermore, take-off distance for an aircraft such as the LCA could be reduced by around 20%, even in "hot and high" conditions, he adds.

Eurojet envisages a two-phase thrust vectoring nozzle flight-test programme, firstly using a twin-engine aircraft equipped with a single non-FCS-integrated thrust vectoring nozzle, followed by trials of the fully integrated system on both powerplants.

The officials said, “If the Eurojet makes the grade, the organisation could also share its expertise in India's quest to develop indigenous Kaveri engine. We have experienced the challenge India is facing, At Rolls-Royce, it took us 100 years to get where we are…,”Mr. Johnson said.

The Eurojet consortium includes Rolls-Royce (England), MTU (German), ITP (Spain) and Avio (Italy).

How I wish I could thank multiple times for this post.... :smitten:, post it again atleast 10 times more... so that I could thank you multiple times...

what say Vasily Zaytsev ?

How I wish I could thank multiple times for this post.... :smitten:, post it again atleast 10 times more... so that I could thank you multiple times...

what say Vasily Zaytsev ?

I would like to add one more thing here. South Korea which is quite advanced technology wise (electronics, robotics, engineering, automobile), failed in its second attempt to launch a satellite.
That does not mean that they can not do it . Eventually they will learn from the failures and mistakes and will be able to launch a satellite successfully.
Here also they took help from the Russians. Will it make their attempt any less indigenous?

Sikhane kay liye Guru to chahiye.

On a lighter note...

No matter how many times we fail, we will keep on attempting. And eventually we will get there.

:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom