What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First limited series production LCA Tejas fighter set for maiden flight
20 March 2007

Bangalore: The Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme crossed another important milestone last week Saturday with the first of the limited series production (LSP-1) aircraft successfully undertaking a low speed taxi trial. Technically, the LSP aircraft are just one step away from the Indian Air Force's standard of production (SOP) requirements.

The low speed taxi trial, which comes on the heel of equally successful ground runs, is an important precursor to the aircraft's maiden flight, which sources indicate may take place within a month. However, before that the aircraft would have to receive clearance from the Safety Test Review Board and undergo two further high-speed taxi trials.

The eight LSP aircraft, along with the two technical demonstrators (TDs) and five prototypes vehicles (PVs), are part of the LCA's flight test programme, and are a stage away from the actual series production aircraft that will be inducted in the IAF's combat squadrons.

The LSP-1, incidentally, is also the first LCA to be manufactured by the aircraft division of the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).

The LCA Tejas project has received a determined boost from recent developments, with the IAF not only placing an order for 20 aircraft, but also taking on the responsibility to steer the programme. The IAF will now engage both the design agency (ADA) and the manufacturing agency (HAL), and drive the certification process.

Towards this end, the IAF has appointed its deputy chief of air staff, air vice marshal N Anil Kumar Browne, to head the LCA Review Group. The IAF will steer the programme through a14-member LCA project management team posted in Bangalore.

The team will report directly to air force head quarters and will have officers from the electronics, flying and mechanical branches. According to air force sources, the team will drive "every aspect" of the LCA programme to ensure that the LCA matures quickly into an operational platform.

Sources indicate that the IAF has also made it clear to ADA and HAL that it will not accept anything less than, or falling short of, what it has contracted for. According to sources, the critical areas that the IAF wants addressed is accelerated progress on the digital flight control computer, the flight control system software, design changes to reduce noise levels in the aircraft, availability of adequate number of line replacement units, which will remove the need to cannibalise spares from existing aircraft, a lessening of the mean time between failures, and also the fitting of drop tanks.
http://www.domain-b.com/aero/20070320_production.htm

India test fires air-to air missile

Sunday, 25 March 2007

NEW DELHI, Mar 25 APP: India test fired its Astra air to air missile from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur near Balasore (Orissa) on Sunday.

PTI quoting defence sources said the test of the indigenously developed Astra missile was conducted after a gap of four years. Previously, it was tested from the ITR thrice within a span of four days between May 9 and 12, 2003.

“The sleek beyond visual range missile with a range of 80 km was fired from launch complex-II of the ITR, at 11.56 am,” the sources said.

However, the plan to test the Dhanush, the naval version of the Prithvi surface-to-surface missile from a warship in the Bay of Bengal off the Orissa coast today was postponed.

The missile which was developed by the Defence Research and Development Laboratory in Hyderabad, is an advanced long-range missile with a solid propellant engine and advanced guidance equipment. It is capable of achieving speeds of around Mach 4.

The launch speed was estimated to be 0.6 to 2.2 Mach. It has been designed for use with the light combat aircraft (LCA) and is likely to be ready by 2011-12.

http://www.app.com.pk/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6684&Itemid=2

______:tup:______

Can someone please post the chronology of LCA's development?
Thanks!

Their is no denying that LCA is behind schedule, Kaveri tests failed radar is not finalized.

If LCA is ever succeded that basically means that Russians finally did it!

Actually, without Russian assitance. LCA will never get to fight in the air. Right now it has no hope. :( While JF-17 numbers have increased from 150 to 200-250. Thats what you call a successful aircraft.

I thought you opened the thread for LCA.

LCA does use some western technologies but has lots of Indegeneous content LCA is made in India yes its behind schedule but is not a failure unlike JF-17 which was made by chinese for Pakistan.

You call an aircraft a failure which is supposed to be built 250 times in Pakistan and 300-500 times in China? Go do some research, and while your at it search the meaning of joint venture.

LCA is an aircraft which is denied by the air force which it was made for. There is nothing in LCA that India has made, except for solving the puzzle and putting it together successfuly, about 8 of them for the museum.

This thread will be fun. :)

Another thing i forgot to wrote. What "Indegeneous content" has India made for LCA? Nevermind, you should be the last person i should ask this who can't spell "indigenous" and calls aircraft components "contents".

You call an aircraft a failure which is supposed to be built 250 times in Pakistan and 300-500 times in China? Go do some research, and while your at it search the meaning of joint venture.

LCA is an aircraft which is denied by the air force which it was made for. There is nothing in LCA that India has made, except for solving the puzzle and putting it together successfuly, about 8 of them for the museum.

This thread will be fun. :)

300-500 times in PLAAF, source please; they hate the aircraft as far as I know.
I can see you are complelty uneducated on the LCA, Delays apart it is far ahead of Airforce's requirements. Composite Tech etc

Goodperson,

Weaponisation has just started, THe radar is Elta-2032 and as well as the Elta 2052.

Another thing i forgot to wrote. What "Indegeneous content" has India made for LCA? Nevermind, you should be the last person i should ask this who can't spell "indigenous" and calls aircraft components "contents".

ha ha ha now you have come down to finding spellos nevermind my IE7 browser does not have spellcheck plugin unlike mozilla, Put it in perspective contents and component can be used in tandem otherwise all the components would have been imported and you have a plane ready where is the knowledge transfer and reaserch ?

I can see that this thread is LCA BAshing thread, though in very aspect it is far ahead of the JF-17, Ah Patriotism

Yet, your own air force dont want it. Far ahead of getting operational is probably correct in that context. :P

300-500 times in PLAAF, source please; they hate the aircraft as far as I know.

They hated the aircraft thats why they spent 48% of Research & Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom