What's new

HAL Tejas | Updates, News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
dream on with ur jf no one can stop u frm doi dat!!!!!!
latest lca lsp flew with complete avionics package and radar ie with 2032 hubrid with 160km+ range and before lca mk1 production will end lca mk2 with aesa and a more powerful engine will be devloped and after dat lca mk2 production will follow !!!!
and also jf uses a lighterversion of klj 10 and dat means much reduced performance !!!!!!!!!!
and lca has 4tn+ capability

Where did you get that 160+ range , and against what target RCS . Is it maximum range .

I read somewhere that the RCS of Mirage 2000 is 1-2 M2
and also the RCS of Tejas is 1/3 of Mirage 2000. If this is true then the RCS of Tejas should be around 0.3 -0.6 M2.

Pl comment.:cheers:

from where do u get that mirage has 1-2m2 rcs , plzz tell

http://www.checksix-fr.com/downloads/falcon4/Topolo/zip/Falcon4M2K.pdf
It says
Radar cross section (RCS) is assume to be less than the F-16 one a 80%

and other info like F-16 from
http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/19170-su-30-family-4.html

Not sure how far these quoted figures are correct.:)

Also there was another forum where it was mentioned
Rafale has highest payload and MTOW to empty weight ratio of among any modern fighter

Tejas undergoes hot weather trials in Nagpur
Posted On: 10-Jun-2010 19:38:44

Nagpur: The indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Tejas, underwent hot weather trials in the skies of Nagpur, the second such trial here, official sources said today.

Two prototypes underwent what was the second phase of the hot weather trials, flying from the Indian Air Force (IAF) station in Nagpur, for over a week, according to a spokesman of the Defence Ministry.

The two aircraft took trial sorties to check out on board systems like the digital flight control computer, avionics systems, multi mode radar, radar warning receiver and the electrical and environment control systems under extremely high temperatures of up to 45 degrees Celsius, he said.

The trials were conducted to test the aircraft in the Initial Operation Clearance (IOC) configuration with the weapon system and sensors integrated, the spokesman said. The trial team included an IAF flight test crew from the National Flight Test Centre (NFTC), besides scientists and engineers from Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bangalore, he said.

During the test flights, data, video and audio from the test aircraft were transmitted in real time through fibre optic connectivity to NFTC, Bangalore, for closer monitoring and detailed analysis, which helped optimise overall flight test effort and enhance flight test safety, the spokesman said, adding the trial team was able to achieve all the objectives during the week-long trials.

The first phases of hot weather trials were conducted in Nagpur in May and June, 2008, spokesman said.
Tejas is scheduled to attain IOC by December 2010, the spokesman added.

does anyone hav any range estimate on elta 2052 which cud be possible integrated with tejas mk2 ???

every time i ask for 2052's range someone hands me over this pdf but .......
i want to know da range !!!!!!! which it cannot provide

every time i ask for 2052's range someone hands me over this pdf but .......
i want to know da range !!!!!!! which it cannot provide

Try this then

http://www.iai.co.il/sip_storage/files/6/27546.pdf

Even if not many specs of this radar are known, we can compare it with Eltas 2032 multi mode radar and get a guess what detection ranges the 2052 might have.
Elta 2032 detection range for sea targets 160nm = 296.32 km
Detection of air targets 80nm = 148.16 km

So the Elta-2052 should have range of 200+ kms, Meaning Tejas will be a killer everytime its up in the sky .

Courtesy Dark angel

i haav seen dat one too mate , any waz thanks for puttin in the effort !!

Hi
I found another article which states Mirage 2000's RCS as 3.3 M2

The Mirage 2000 was built with a wide use of composite materials in addition to reducing the weight of the aircraft aided in reducing the radar signature of the vector, which also included other options such as side air intakes that hide the face of the engine (one of major sources of radar echoes) and delta wings (which deflect emissions Magnetic different direction than the original when the array is illuminated when the front). Thanks to these measures, the RCS of the Mirage 2000 is 3.3 m2.

Google Translate

By the way does any one know the Approx RCS of LCA
Tx

is it a reliable source ?, even then i seriously doubt bcoz m2k is an all metal bird with no Ram , dats why i'm doubt it .

There are no reliable sources about it's range, because it was never integrated in any fighter. Also we will not have it in LCA anyway, we are searching for an co-development, so even if we team up with Elta, it will only use some parts of the 2052.

Try this then

http://www.iai.co.il/sip_storage/files/6/27546.pdf

Even if not many specs of this radar are known, we can compare it with Eltas 2032 multi mode radar and get a guess what detection ranges the 2052 might have.
Elta 2032 detection range for sea targets 160nm = 296.32 km
Detection of air targets 80nm = 148.16 km

So the Elta-2052 should have range of 200+ kms, Meaning Tejas will be a killer everytime its up in the sky .

Courtesy Dark angel

First of all these are generall specs, but they will differ from fighter to fighter, because of nose diameter, or available power. I still hope for official specs of the MMR, to see how capable it is.
Dark angel might be true with his estimation, but as long it is still only under development and not integrated, it remains an estimation only.

Originally Posted by flanker143
is it a reliable source ?, even then i seriously doubt bcoz m2k is an all metal bird with no Ram , dats why i'm doubt it .

i that post i was doubting the reliability of a source that said m2k has 1-2m2 rcs, u didn't read the earliar posts properly dats why u mixed it

First of all these are generall specs, but they will differ from fighter to fighter, because of nose diameter, or available power. I still hope for official specs of the MMR, to see how capable it is.
Dark angel might be true with his estimation, but as long it is still only under development and not integrated, it remains an estimation only

elta 2032 hybrid is fully developed and was integrated in lsp3-4, and also we r here giving only estimation or radars, drdo is aiming at 2052hybrid aesa radar for tejas mk2 in 2013-14 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom