What's new

HAL pushes for AESA Equipped LCA Tejas Mark I-A (LCA-1P) as interim improved version of Mark I

Mk 1 is supposed to be the temporary solution till Mk 2 comes out. It means once the first Mk 2 starts rolling out then Mk 1 production will be stopped, even sooner in fact. So if it takes hat long for Mk 2 to come out it cannot be a good sign.

Mk1 will take at least 3 to 4 hours to fulfill all orders.

no matter what patriots or for that matter false flagging fratriots might think point is we are not saudies with unlimited oil money or as lucky as some nations who get wepons free for CSF or USAID and no one is going to give us "soft loans" either

so we have to make the best from what resources we have and the onli logical way to fill the numbers for owt going mig21s for "point defence" is to make a "jugar" and an LCA with EL-2052 with Python5 , Derby & I Derby ER does that job pretty well and with a lighter wieght it does that job much better and in owr budget :coffee:

The Bengaluru-based public sector aviation monolith says its engineers are already stretched with existing projects, including the Tejas production line, design and prototype manufacture of a basic trainer aircraft, the Hindustan Turbo Trainer - 40 (HTT-40); and the testing and production of the Sitara Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT).

OH? And being stretched with existing projects, they wanted to manufacture the Rafale and now want to modify a plane that they can barely build as is?

"If we have to accelerate production and build the Tejas Mark II to the requisite quality and quantity,

IF? Ain't that your flocking job?

HAL cannot be saddled with responsibility for everything.

Why? Don't trust them?

"We can assure HAL that, if it accelerates the delivery of fighters to the point where it seems likely to deliver 40 Tejas Mark I before the Mark II is ready, we will certainly place orders for more Mark I fighters. The assembly line will not be kept idle. That is our assurance," says a senior IAF officer.

IF! And later, seems likely in referral to even delivering the present LCA order in time.
Between the comments by the DDRO and those of the IAF, HAL is being royally served!

That govt corp needs a revamp! Would be a great TV reality show : Extreme HAL Makeover!
And that, India could export!

Good day all, Tay.

P.S" SURYA ? Isn't the DRDE under DRDO directorate? Hence Shukla shortcut? Just sayin'

Last edited:
OH? And being stretched with existing projects, they wanted to manufacture the Rafale and now want to modify a plane that they can barely build as is?

IF? Ain't that your flocking job?

Why? Don't trust them?

IF! And later, seems likely in referral to even delivering the present LCA order in time.
Between the comments by the DDRO and those of the IAF, HAL is being royally served!

That govt corp needs a revamp! Would be a great TV reality show : Extreme HAL Makeover!
And that, India could export!

Good day all, Tay.

P.S" SURYA ? Isn't the DRDE under DRDO directorate? Hence Shukla shortcut? Just sayin'

I agree high time these PSUS are reformed

A very good idea. WIll keep squadron strength growing, plus by the time Mk 2 are fully inducted some MK1s will be old and ready to retire. Good thinking.

As if that is HALs fault. IAF keeps adding goodies and then expectcts engine to remain as before? They gotta take some heat.
IAF keep adding goodies because of the time line we are taking about delays are like generations . 3rd to 4th .. do u want IAF to operate fighters like JF17 just for number sake ? HAL should have told IAf or MOD that it can't make 4th gen fighter in time so the private players could have roped in . Who's fault is that ? Why not openly state the time line ? Rather than one delay after another ?

IAF keep adding goodies because of the time line we are taking about delays are like generations . 3rd to 4th .. do u want IAF to operate fighters like JF17 just for number sake ? HAL should have told IAf or MOD that it can't make 4th gen fighter in time so the private players could have roped in . Who's fault is that ? Why not openly state the time line ? Rather than one delay after another ?

All fighters take decades to develop. Check EFT and Rafale development frames. Fact is that IAF really has screwed around with specifications a lot (just like IA for Arjun)

Dude LCA Mk1-A Variant is Upgraded version of LCA.Still Better than Mig-21 which IAF bound to operate beyond 2025
just because it will have an AESA radar doesn't makes it a potent fighter, like F-35 it got best avionics and sub systems but it still got owned by 1980's F-16........even after adding that AESA it will still be tejas.....nothing more nothing less....a fighter is what its weapons are......it got very few good things in it......maybe when F414 comes in it would be able to perform desired duties.....

All fighters take decades to develop. Check EFT and Rafale development frames. Fact is that IAF really has screwed around with specifications a lot (just like IA for Arjun)
U really want to compare Rafael development to tejas ? Don't get emotional just be realistic or shut the funk up .

Great news, this makes LCA of significant relevance as 4.5 gen fighter in replacing the MIG 21's and MIG 29's as well

just because it will have an AESA radar doesn't makes it a potent fighter, like F-35 it got best avionics and sub systems but it still got owned by 1980's F-16........even after adding that AESA it will still be tejas.....nothing more nothing less....a fighter is what its weapons are......it got very few good things in it......maybe when F414 comes in it would be able to perform desired duties.....
Simulated Dogfights are Not A Real War. Just like Europeans Claims they Nailed F-22 in Simulated Dog fights.
Rather In Real War Scenario F-35 will Detect F-16 From the Its AN/AAQ-37 DAS IRST Sight about 300-400 KM Away And Score A Kill at 50-60Km with its Infrared homing Aim-9x block 3 & AIM-132 ASRAAM .

Even Before Doing It what Said above,The Sophisticated 5 th gen DRFMS & Jammers on-board F-35 will Make any fighter a Flying Turkey before Mutilating It in Real War.

PS:I Still not Added the other Factors Like BVR or AWACS into My assessments.A Sincere Advice to My fellow compatriot from My-side He Should Try to add Factual Substance His Post that make his Post Looks more mature and professional if he is Arguing on technical Terms

What weapons do you think will be added new in mk 2 tejas?

Simulated Dogfights are Not A Real War. Just like Europeans Claims they Nailed F-22 in Simulated Dog fights.
Rather In Real War Scenario F-35 will Detect F-16 From the Its AN/AAQ-37 DAS IRST Sight about 300-400 KM Away And Score A Kill at 50-60Km with its Infrared homing Aim-9x block 3 & AIM-132 ASRAAM .

Even Before Doing It what Said above,The Sophisticated 5 th gen DRFMS & Jammers on-board F-35 will Make any fighter a Flying Turkey before Mutilating It in Real War.

PS:I Still not Added the other Factors Like BVR or AWACS into My assessments.A Sincere Advice to My fellow compatriot from My-side He Should Try to add Factual Substance His Post that make his Post Looks more mature and professional if he is Arguing on technical Terms
what do u know about our AESA radar that is still under testing????

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom