What's new

Gurkhas owe a lot to their British masters

I don't think the British made the Gurkha reputation. Even before the British, During the early 1800s the Gurkhas were expanding all through the himilayan range. Just then they came into conflict with the Sikhs who were also expanding into Himachal hills in 1809 over the strong Kangra fort. Although Maharaja Ranjit Singh defeated them in this war but he was so impressed with their fighting ability that he also raised a Gurkha regiment of his own even before the British had created their Gurkha regiment.

Had a strong power like the British not been there in India at the time to stop them, it is quite possible the Gurkha kingdom would have expanded well into UP and Bihar areas which was south of their mountainous strongholds.

Last edited:
I actually had very little experience dealing with hysterical housewives until encountering you. The national temperament in China is a lot more stoic and sober compared to turbulent, shrill, chattering Hindus. But as you have unloaded on me all your emotional diarrhea, all this minutiae about exactly how the harsh truth of your white worship has made you cry and seethe and even 'LOL', I guess I could be considered an expert now :angel: In any event, I count my blessings that you can only inflict on me your emotional diarrhea, not real diarrhea. Otherwise I might have caught from you cholera or any of the many other epidemics and diseases afflicting India that other countries haven't seen since the 19th century :sick:

Still no source. Just a rant. As expected.

Still no source. Just a rant. As expected.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6968281.stm

I can only take it from the second-hand accounts of journalists. But you are in a position to see for yourself. Go outside, look at your compatriots collapsed in the streets. Look at the overflowing hospitals. One could almost think Idi Amin returned from the grave to rule India, but no, it's just Hindu negligence towards public health matters.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6968281.stm

I can only take it from the second-hand accounts of journalists. But you are in a position to see for yourself. Go outside, look at your compatriots collapsed in the streets. Look at the overflowing hospitals. One could almost think Idi Amin returned from the grave to rule India, but no, it's just Hindu negligence towards public health matters.
Still waiting for the Gandhi calling British "upper caste" source. Yawn. I guess I shall keep waiting.

Still waiting for the Gandhi calling British "upper caste" source. Yawn. I guess I shall keep waiting.

Does it make you yawn to see fellow Hindus die from cholera? Awful. Even if you don't feel it, you should at least show some sympathy. As the terrible Uganda incident demonstrates, it's incumbent on your to show solidarity with your co-religionists and support each other, because no one else in the world cares enough to lift even a finger to help.

Does it make you yawn to see fellow Hindus die from cholera? Awful. Even if you don't feel it, you should at least show some sympathy. As the terrible Uganda incident demonstrates, it's incumbent on your to show solidarity with your co-religionists and support each other, because no one else in the world cares enough to lift even a finger to help.
Yawn. Still awaiting the Gandhi source. But I do expect a rant, not a source. Come on, out with the next rant. Amuse me.

Yawn. Still awaiting the Gandhi source. But I do expect a rant, not a source. Come on, out with the next rant. Amuse me.

It wasn't my intention to 'amuse' you by highlighting the suffering and deprivation of Hindu cholera victims. But it seems you have a twisted and callous sense of humor. That can't be helped.

What's with Pakistanis needing white people to tell them who is worth what.

As if Gurkhas need some stamp of approval from a country whose Army has not won a single war.
Don't flatter yourself too much. Pakistan held it's own pretty good against an enemy who has a numerical advantage. It's you who didn't win that's why you complain over and over on this forum.

I meet Nepalis today that hate Indians, so lessons that people give towards history are not even worth anything today. I've met Nepalis that literally hate India, and favor Pakistan without religious strings attached. Just something to think about for Indian bhangis.
I also met nepalis who expressed their disdain for india. I told them look man I ain't in it but I did wonder why nepal a hindu country despises them.

Don't flatter yourself too much. Pakistan held it's own pretty good against an enemy who has a numerical advantage. It's you who didn't win that's why you complain over and over on this forum.
What were the ratios in which particular engagements?
Give the order of battle information please.

Back
Top Bottom