What's new

Gurkhas owe a lot to their British masters

@Jackdaws
What are you getting mad at me for? Africans are the ones slitting Hindu throats, not me :). And contrary to your accusations, nor would I care to defend them. But it seems you still can't give a straight answer to the question without weaving and dodging with typical Hindu slipperiness, why do Africans feel murderous animosity towards Hindus? Let me give you a clue:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/Was-Gandhi-a-racist/article16754773.ece

Gandhi, expressing run-of-the-mill Hindu viewpoints, denigrated Africans as 'Kaffirs', whom he feared would 'drag down' Hindus. I guess in his mind, if British masters were high caste and Africans were low caste, Hindus could at least be middle caste. So he trashed solidarity with non-whites to serves whites instead. That's why, even in Ghana, they are tearing down Gandhi statutes:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-removal-mahatma-gandhi-statue-african-heroes

You might think it harsh, but it's not as harsh as the retaliatory atrocities that Idi Amin wrought :)

@Jackdaws
What are you getting mad at me for? Africans are the ones slitting Hindu throats, not me :). And contrary to your accusations, nor would I care to defend them. But it seems you still can't give a straight answer to the question without weaving and dodging with typical Hindu slipperiness, why do Africans feel murderous animosity towards Hindus? Let me give you a clue:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/Was-Gandhi-a-racist/article16754773.ece

Gandhi, expressing run-of-the-mill Hindu viewpoints, denigrated Africans as 'Kaffirs', whom he feared would 'drag down' Hindus. I guess in his mind, if British masters were high caste and Africans were low caste, Hindus could at least be middle caste. So he trashed solidarity with non-whites to serves whites instead. That's why, even in Ghana, they are tearing down Gandhi statutes:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-removal-mahatma-gandhi-statue-african-heroes

You might think it harsh, but it's not as harsh as the retaliatory atrocities that Idi Amin wrought :)

Do you have any source that British were "high caste" according to Gandhi or is this something in Mao's Little Red book?

Do you have any source that British were "high caste" according to Gandhi or is this something in Mao's Little Red book?

Gandhi was a fervent defender of the caste system. He was also a fervent defender of British colonialism in Africa (but not in the subcontinent it seems) and praised his British masters for 'civilizing' the kaffirs. Not unlike the benefits that Brahmins supposedly confer on Dalits via their spiritual authority. So while Gandhi has been tactful enough never to make publicly explicit the parallel between British racial-imperial hierarchy and Hindu religious hierarchy, it's easy to put two and two together and infer what he really thought :)

I can see why fealty to a white master would pop into the mind of a Chinese considering how long they waited after the end of colonialism till the British and Portuguese decided to return HK and Macau to them. Most other countries including those like Kenya fought. But when you are used to being ruled - be it by Japanese or Emperors or anyone else - you culturally don't tend to have backbone. That explains the Chinese narrative.

The two island-cities were bounded by a treaty that would expire, unlike other colonized territories, such as Kenya and India. Both given a new country without a fight. Japan invaded, never ruled China. In ancient imperial China, the emperors of course rule China. It's not hard to see why ave Indian IQ is ranked at the bottom internationally, you guys can't even troll intelligently based on fact and sound logic.

Gandhi was a fervent defender of the caste system. He was also a fervent defender of British colonialism in Africa (but not in the subcontinent it seems) and praised his British masters for 'civilizing' the kaffirs. Not unlike the benefits that Brahmins supposedly confer on Dalits via their spiritual authority. So while Gandhi has been tactful enough never to make publicly explicit the parallel between British racial-imperial hierarchy and Hindu religious hierarchy, it's easy to put two and two together and infer what he really thought :)
I see, so you don't really have a source. That's fine. Perhaps that is how things work in communist societies. In civilized democracies, you do need a source to back up claims. But don't worry, you will eventually get there in a few hundred years.

The two island-cities were bounded by a treaty that would expire, unlike other colonized territories, such as Kenya and India. Both given a new country without a fight. Japan invaded, never ruled China. In ancient imperial China, the emperors of course rule China. It's not hard to see why ave Indian IQ is ranked at the bottom internationally, you guys can't even troll intelligently based on fact and sound logic.
LOL - sure. Treaties you were pretty much forced to sign - or perhaps you were too enamored by your white masters to actually sit and negotiate. Yes, Japan installed a puppet regime, right? Emperors and communist party - it is a fact that your population enjoys being ruled. It is not hard to see why a simple-minded Chinese peasant can't tell the difference between facts and trolling.

I see, so you don't really have a source. That's fine. Perhaps that is how things work in communist societies. In civilized democracies, you do need a source to back up claims. But don't worry, you will eventually get there in a few hundred years.

I noticed you hurriedly avoided addressing any of these inconvenient facts:

- Gandhi was a fervent defender of the caste system.
- Gandhi was also a fervent defender of British colonialism in Africa (but not in the subcontinent it seems)
- Gandhi praised his British masters for 'civilizing' the kaffirs.

How come? :)

Anyway, it appears you measure being 'civilized' by degree of proximity and submission to your British masters. You spent many centuries as colonial subjects and you accepted the political system they dictated to you on their departure, hence you imagine yourself to be most civilized. But in reality, you don't live up to the civilized standards set by your white masters. After all, Hindus in the USA routinely try to subvert school history textbook to conceal India's history of light-skinned Aryans conquering race enslaving the dark-skinned natives:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_textbook_controversy_over_Hindu_history

What's the source your Hindu brethren in California are using? Ganja? :lol:

LOL - sure. Treaties you were pretty much forced to sign - or perhaps you were too enamored by your white masters to actually sit and negotiate. Yes, Japan installed a puppet regime, right? Emperors and communist party - it is a fact that your population enjoys being ruled. It is not hard to see why a simple-minded Chinese peasant can't tell the difference between facts and trolling.

The treaty was going to expire and return the island-city, as opposed to perpetual colony. Yet colonized Kenya and India did not fight but were granted a new country. That's the dif. The short-lived puppet regime only ruled parts of China and it's still nominally Chinese. Any proper political entity has to be administrated by a head of state, emperor or president. Making warped logic with false fact is indeed low IQ trolling. You had to prove me right.

I noticed you hurriedly avoided addressing any of these inconvenient facts:

- Gandhi was a fervent defender of the caste system.
- Gandhi was also a fervent defender of British colonialism in Africa (but not in the subcontinent it seems)
- Gandhi praised his British masters for 'civilizing' the kaffirs.

How come? :)

Anyway, it appears you measure being 'civilized' by degree of proximity and submission to your British masters. You spent many centuries as colonial subjects and you accepted the political system they dictated to you on their departure, hence you imagine yourself to be most civilized. But in reality, you don't live up to the civilized standards set by your white masters. After all, Hindus in the USA routinely try to subvert school history textbook to conceal India's history of light-skinned Aryans conquering race enslaving the dark-skinned natives:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_textbook_controversy_over_Hindu_history

What's the source your Hindu brethren in California are using? Ganja? :lol:

I can see why you would think that proximity to white people results in civility. It is a mere amplification of your inherent inferiority complex. No wonder your lot always turns to the white master. LOL, even for the defense of Nanking when the Japanese were capturing your land, you gave command to a German? Hahahahha

Now, Gandhi was a critic of a caste system. I am still waiting for the source of Gandhi considering British to be "high caste" so I can answer your queries. Perhaps the British "high caste" thing is merely what Chinese deep down feel about their white masters.

The treaty was going to expire and return the island-city, as opposed to perpetual colony. Yet colonized Kenya and India did not fight but were granted a new country. That's the dif. The short-lived puppet regime only ruled parts of China and it's still nominally Chinese. Any proper political entity has to be administrated by a head of state, emperor or president. Making warped logic with false fact is indeed low IQ trolling. You had to prove me right.
LOL - but you did not fight to correct a historical wrong. You merely waited for the Brits and Portuguese to return Chinese land. Of course India fought for its freedom - maybe the whole fighting against authority thing is not taught in communist nations. No wonder the Chinese folded so easily to the Japanese as well. It took Britain hundred of years to capture and colonize India and even then the East India company had to be disbanded. Compare it to the Chinese - in how much time did you lose Shanghai and Nanking to the Japs? LOL. I suggest you hire some Gurkha soldiers.

I can see why you would think that proximity to white people results in civility. It is a mere amplification of your inherent inferiority complex. No wonder your lot always turns to the white master. LOL, even for the defense of Nanking when the Japanese were capturing your land, you gave command to a German? Hahahahha

Now, Gandhi was a critic of a caste system. I am still waiting for the source of Gandhi considering British to be "high caste" so I can answer your queries. Perhaps the British "high caste" thing is merely what Chinese deep down feel about their white masters.

For someone who is apparently uses 'lol' and 'hahahaha' every second sentence, you sure act edgy and defensive. If I can discern how enraged you are across the anonymity of the internet, I can only imagine how unhinged you are in real life :cry: :lol:

Anyway I'm glad I've convinced you that the white worship is shameful. Before you were lauding it as a badge of honor that supposedly made you more 'civilized'. Now you find it shameful enough that you would avoid the charge and pin it on others. Who says Hindus are not educable? Good to see you make progress like a baby, even if at the fitful 'Hindu rate of progress' :)

Interesting never new it about Ghandi racist remarks and same was context to remove his statue from University in Ghana "he petition states “it is better to stand up for our dignity than to kowtow to the wishes of a burgeoning Eurasian super power”, and quotes passages written by Gandhi which say Indians are “infinitely superior” to black Africans."
Opponents of the statue in Ghana quoted several of Gandhi’s early writings in which he referred to black South Africans as “kaffirs” – a highly offensive racist slur – and complained that the South African government wanted to “drag down” Indians to the same level as people he called “half-heathen natives”.
One Gandhi quote was: “Ours is one continual struggle against a degradation sought to be inflicted upon us by the Europeans, who desire to degrade us to the level of the raw kaffir whose occupation is hunting, and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness.”
In 1893, Gandhi wrote to the Natal parliament saying that a "general belief seems to prevail in the Colony that the Indians are a little better, if at all, than savages or the Natives of Africa".
The same year he wrote that unlike the African, the Indian had no "war-dances, nor does he drink Kaffir beer". When Durban was hit by a plague in 1905, Gandhi wrote that the problem would persist as long as Indians and Africans were being "herded together indiscriminately at the hospital".

For someone who is apparently uses 'lol' and 'hahahaha' every second sentence, you sure act edgy and defensive. If I can discern how enraged you are across the anonymity of the internet, I can only imagine how unhinged you are in real life :cry: :lol:

Anyway I'm glad I've convinced you that the white worship is shameful. Before you were lauding it as a badge of honor that supposedly made you more 'civilized'. Now you find it shameful enough that you would avoid the charge and pin it on others. Who says Hindus are not educable? Good to see you make progress like a baby, even if at the fitful 'Hindu rate of progress' :)

One can't help but use "lol" and "hahaha" when dealing with Chinese posters given their ridiculous statements. I see why simple minded fellow Chinese people of yours might go off-track. I am still waiting for that source where Gandhi said British were "high caste" as you claimed.

When did I say white worship is not shameful? It is you who played it and brought it up showing Chinese mentality. I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you in real life to see thousands of Chinese cross the border and seek refuge in India. Do you secretly yearn to join them?

Don't break the keyboard out of frustration buddy. There is always hope across the Himalayas. Via Nepal. The land of the Gurkhas. LOL. Hahahaha.

Interesting never new it about Ghandi racist remarks and same was context to remove his statue from University in Ghana "he petition states “it is better to stand up for our dignity than to kowtow to the wishes of a burgeoning Eurasian super power”, and quotes passages written by Gandhi which say Indians are “infinitely superior” to black Africans."
Opponents of the statue in Ghana quoted several of Gandhi’s early writings in which he referred to black South Africans as “kaffirs” – a highly offensive racist slur – and complained that the South African government wanted to “drag down” Indians to the same level as people he called “half-heathen natives”.
One Gandhi quote was: “Ours is one continual struggle against a degradation sought to be inflicted upon us by the Europeans, who desire to degrade us to the level of the raw kaffir whose occupation is hunting, and whose sole ambition is to collect a certain number of cattle to buy a wife with and then pass his life in indolence and nakedness.”
In 1893, Gandhi wrote to the Natal parliament saying that a "general belief seems to prevail in the Colony that the Indians are a little better, if at all, than savages or the Natives of Africa".
The same year he wrote that unlike the African, the Indian had no "war-dances, nor does he drink Kaffir beer". When Durban was hit by a plague in 1905, Gandhi wrote that the problem would persist as long as Indians and Africans were being "herded together indiscriminately at the hospital".

It is true he held views which were racist. It is equally true he revised his opinion.

When did I say white worship is not shameful?

My first post in this thread contended that white worship is shameful. If you didn't disagree with me, you wouldn't have been petulantly disputing my posts all this time. But you have been, and therefore you must find the idea of questioning white masters to be provocative and enraging, and your white masters must be grateful for your unswerving devotion. Perhaps you will be featured in history books as an exemplar of Hindu obeisance, much like your forefathers here:

a2e91e567120f70feea2937d9f8a08df.jpg

My first post in this thread contended that white worship is shameful. If you didn't disagree with me, you wouldn't have been petulantly disputing my posts all this time. But you have been, and therefore you must find the idea of questioning white masters to be provocative and enraging, and your white masters must be grateful for your unswerving devotion. Perhaps you will be featured in history books as an exemplar of Hindu obeisance, much like your forefathers here:

a2e91e567120f70feea2937d9f8a08df.jpg

You do have to dig up ancient history for Indians serving whites. But Chinese so yearn for white rule that they fly the Union Jack even today.

Chinese_colonists.jpg

Once you been ruled by the whites - I guess you simply can't stop being ruled, eh? And guess what. LOL. Hahahaha

You do have to dig up ancient history for Indians serving whites. But Chinese so yearn for white rule that they fly the Union Jack even today.

Chinese_colonists.jpg

Once you been ruled by the whites - I guess you simply can't stop being ruled, eh? And guess what. LOL. Hahahaha

These people don't identify as Chinese at all. In fact, they have a lot more in common with you than us: like you, they have centuries of history squirming under the British boot, and like you they learned to love it :agree:. I guess that sums up the difference between China and India; whereas one Chinese city got brainwashed into white-worshiping, all of India did. Skin-whitening creams are all the rage throughout India:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/24/dark-skin-india-prejudice-

It remains to be seen whether your coveted transformation into your white masters can be perfected though. There are some Dravidoid features you possess that simply can't be concealed with lighter skin :cry:

These people don't identify as Chinese at all. In fact, they have a lot more in common with you than us: like you, they have centuries of history squirming under the British boot, and like you they learned to love it :agree:. I guess that sums up the difference between China and India; whereas one Chinese city got brainwashed into white-worshiping, all of India did. Skin-whitening creams are all the rage throughout India:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/24/dark-skin-india-prejudice-

It remains to be seen whether your coveted transformation into your white masters can be perfected though. There are some Dravidoid features you possess that simply can't be concealed with lighter skin :cry:
Of course they are Chinese. Last I checked HK was a part of China. Nothing to be ashamed about - you guys worship white people - we get it. Be it building railroads in California or waving the Union Jack in Hong Kong till today - you enjoy being ruled. No wonder Chinese come to India as refugees. I know deep down you yearn to join them. No shame - I don't blame you for your cultural traits. LOL. Hahahaha.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom