What's new

Groups clash with swords, sticks in Golden Temple on Blue Star anniversary

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
At least eight people were injured in a clash between task force volunteers of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) and radical Sikh activists on Friday during the 30th anniversary of the army's Operation Bluestar at the Golden Temple in Amritsar.

The military's 1984 assault on the Golden Temple was aimed at flushing out militants holed up inside demanding an independent Sikh homeland.

Swords and sticks were used as scores of men from both sides chased each other outside the Akal Takht building inside the complex, which is home to the holiest of Sikh shrines - the Harmandar Sahib.

Many people could be seen running for cover to save themselves.

Clashes at Golden Temple on 30th anniversary of#OperationBlueStar, swords and sticks used RT@TaniaGoklany:Tania Goklany's post on Vine

— Hindustan Times (@htTweets)June 6, 2014
IANS cited eyewitnesses saying the clash occurred when activists of the radical group were stopped by the SGPC task force volunteers from brandishing swords and other traditional weapons and raising pro-Khalistan slogans inside the complex.

This led to a clash between both sides just after the religious ceremony to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Operation Bluestar had ended on Friday morning.

Four people from both the sides were injured in the fighting.

Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa had called for Amritsar shutdown to mark the 30th anniversary of the Operation Bluestar.

Tension continued to prevail inside the shrine complex. Even media personnel were manhandled during the incident.

Policemen, who were present in plain clothes in the temple, couldn't do much to defuse the situation.

"What happened inside the Golden Temple is unfortunate. We will take action against those who are responsible," SAD spokesperson Prem Singh Chandumajra told reporters in New Delhi.

According to IANS, top SGPC functionaries, including its president Avtar Singh Makkar, and Akal Takht Jathedar Gurbachan Singh were present inside the complex when the incident took place.

Security has been heightened outside the Golden Temple complex after the incident.

Heavily armed terrorists, led by separatist leader Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, were flushed out of the Golden Temple complex by the Indian Army in its Operation Bluestar in June 1984. The then prime minister Indira Gandhi had ordered the army operation.

Punjabhad witnessed a bloody phase of terrorism between 1981 to 1992 as separatists demanded a Sikh homeland - Khalistan (Land of the pure).

The terrorism phase left over 25,000 people dead, including hundreds of personnel of security forces.

(With IANS inputs)

Groups clash with swords, sticks in Golden Temple on Blue Star anniversary - Hindustan Times

looks like clash between pro-India and anti-India groups.......
They gathered there remembering the 1984 'operation' and the riot but the environment changed when on group brought up 'Khalistan'......

Last edited:
If the pro Indian dudes did attack khalistani fanatics, then well done!

y dont they just leave India

This pic makes me puke.... it shows what happens if people take religion too seriously: It puts them right back into the STONE AGE :mad:

20146675819365734_20.jpg

They forget value of place. Their vested interests dominates over service and worship. Ridiculous. :ashamed:

This pic makes me puke.... it shows what happens if people take religion too seriously: It puts them right back into the STONE AGE :mad:

20146675819365734_20.jpg
10000 or more Sikhs were murdered during 3 days in OP Blue Star, and you are telling them not to take it seriously. Get a life man. I know you are not atheist but you pretend to be when something come up against Fake Indian Secularism.

Few people entered Gurudwara complex and started raising pro-khalistan slogans....were given befitted reply by guards of Gurudwara authorities (SGPC). Thats what happened. Gurudwara authorities should be lauded for that. End of the story !!

10000 or more Sikhs were murdered during 3 days in OP Blue Star, and you are telling them not to take it seriously. Get a life man. I know you are not atheist but you pretend to be when something come up against Fake Indian Secularism.

don't speak for sikhs,please.
and no................in operation bluestar 10,000 sikhs were not killed.

official estimate is 600 and unofficial maybe 2000

Really? You give me a figure of 10,000 and tell ME to get a life?

Check your facts kid.

total 25000 were killed over a 10 year militancy period though

Don't know why Sikhs are so pissed at Operation Bluestar I mean if a situation arises where some armed militants have taken over a Hindu religious place and holding thousands of devotees as hostages then most Hindus will support a military operation to clean up our religious site from those filthy terrorist scums who are polluting it.

Don't know why Sikhs are so pissed at Operation Bluestar I mean if a situation arises where some armed militants have taken over a Hindu religious place and holding thousands of devotees as hostages then most Hindus will support a military operation to clean up our religious site from those filthy terrorist scums who are polluting it.

planning of the bluestar sucked,no doubt about it.
it was conducted on the day of a holy festival with thousands of devotees inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
@agamdilawari

Pakistanis don't support these nutbags. They should keep their delusions inside Indian borders. Pakistan's Muslim hospitality culture mustn't be taken for weakness. If these nutbags drag us into this, we will flatten Nankana Sahib and build a real estate project on it. Indians attacked your temple, not us.

@agamdilawari

Pakistanis don't support these nutbags. They should keep their delusions inside Indian borders. Pakistan's Muslim hospitality culture mustn't be taken for weakness. If these nutbags drag us into this, we will flatten Nankana Sahib and build a real estate project on it. Indians attacked your temple, not us.

Nutbags from Pakistan supported these nut-bags in Past. This is very well know to everyone; only Hypocrites can refuse. Pakistani nut-bags openly support them on this very Forum; 1000's of post speaks for themselves! In Past those who questioned the writ of the country were gunned down; they'll meet the same faith in present and future too.

Mr. Administrator, I pity on rest of your Rant. I never expected such Loathe of Crap from You. :tdown:

National Security is bigger than religious security.

Enough said!

If terrorist take temple/mosque/gurudwara/church then army should flush them out and kill them all.

Back
Top Bottom