What's new

Greatest Mughal Emperor???

Intresting point to note is Akbar when started his rule he was only 13 years old.

Nou (Nine) Ratan (Intellectuals ) were played key role in his success.

The Mughal ruler Akbar, despite his illiteracy, was a great lover of the artists and intellectuals. His passion for knowledge and interest in learning from great minds led him to attract men of genius to his court, known as the nine courtiers of King Akbar or Navratnas.

* Abul Fazl (1551-1602) was the chronicler of Akbar’s rule. He authored the biographical Akbarnama. Abul Fazl documented the history meticulously, over seven years, in three volumes, the third volume is known as the Ain-i-Akbari and a Persian translation of the Bible.[1] He was also the brother of Faizi, the poet laureate of emperor Akbar.

* Faizi (1547-1595) was Abul Fazl’s brother. He was a poet who composed beautiful poetry father was Mubarak Nagori, a scholar in the philosophy and literature of Greece as well as in Islamic theology.

* Miyan Tansen was a singer for King Akbar, born as Tanna Mishra, a Hindu, in 1520, he was a poet himself. He learnt music from Swami Haridas and later from Hazrat Muhammad Ghaus. He was a court musician with the prince of Mewar and later was recruited by Akbar as his court musician. Tansen became a legendary name in India and was the composer of many classical ragas. He was an extraordinarily gifted vocalist, known for a large number of compositions, and also an instrumentalist who popularized and improved the rabab (of Central Asian origin). He was buried in Gwalior, where a tomb has been constructed for him. It is unclear if Tansen converted to Islam.

* Raja Birbal (1528-1583) was a poor Hindu Brahmin who was appointed to the court of Akbar for his intelligence, and became the court jester. Born by the name Maheshdas, he was conferred the name Raja Birbal by the Emperor. Birbal's duties in Akbar's court were mostly military and administrative but he was also a very close friend of the emperor, who liked Birbal most for his wit and humor. There are many witty stories of exchanges and interactions between the monarch and his minister that are popular today. Birbal was also a poet and his collections under the pen name "Brahma” are preserved in Bharatpur Museum. Raja Birbal died in battle, attempting to quell unrest amongst Afghani tribes in Northwest India.

* Raja Todar Mal was Akbar’s finance minister, who from 1560 onwards overhauled the revenue system in the kingdom. He introduced standard weights and measurements, revenue districts and officers. His systematic approach to revenue collection became a model for the future Mughals as well as the British. Raja Todar Mal was also a warrior who assisted Akbar in controlling the Afghan rebels in Bengal. Todar Mal had developed his expertise in Sher Shah's employment. In 1582, Akbar bestowed on the raja the title Diwan-I-Ashraf.

* Raja Man Singh, was the Kacchwaha Rajah of Amber, a state later known as Jaipur. He was a trusted general in Akbar's army and was the grandson of Akbar’s father-in-law. His family had been inducted into Mughal hierarchy as amirs (nobles). Raja Man Singh was the formost ablest among Akbar's military commanders and assisted Akbar in many fronts including holding off advancing Hakim (Akbar’s half-brother, a governor of Kabul) in Lahore. He was also the Mughal viceroy of Afghanistan, led campaigns in Bihar, Orissa, Deccan and was also the viceroy of Bengal.

* Abdul Rahim Khan-I-Khana, a poet was the son of Akbar’s trusted protector and caretaker when he was a teenager, Bairam Khan. After Bairam Khan was murdered treacherously, his wife became the second wife of Akbar. He is most known for his Hindi couplets and his books on Astrology.[2] The village of Khankhana, named after him, is located in the Nawanshahr district of the state of Punjab in northwest India.

* Fakir Aziao-Din who was a mystic, and an advisor. Akbar regarded his advice in high esteem.

* Mullah Do Piaza, an advisor to Akbar who was known for his intelligence.

Our leaders should learn lesson from Akbar's strategy of novratan

Fundamentalist,

Thank you indeed for this post. Most informative for ppl like me who have more than just a passing interest in history.

A large number of ppl here have decried Akbar for what was perceived as him being an appeaser.

Little do they realise that only those CEOs, leaders , kings & dynasties / Companies have succeeded who took everyone along and looked after those who were a part of them.

perhaps AKBAR was the best because he made such a strong foundation of mughals that it ruled india for so long
and moreover in the reign of aurangzeb mughal empire may be was at its zenith but its policy shakened mughal empires foundation

Babur and Akbar in terms of laying the foundations of the Empire

Jehangir and Aurangzaib in terms of characters. Many people tend to think that Aurengzaib was nothing but a religious bigot but do they know that Aurengzaib had more Hindu Mansabdars than Akbar? I.H Qureishis book has a really good chapter on Aurangzaib.

Babur and Akbar in terms of laying the foundations of the Empire

Jehangir and Aurangzaib in terms of characters. Many people tend to think that Aurengzaib was nothing but a religious bigot but do they know that Aurengzaib had more Hindu Mansabdars than Akbar? I.H Qureishis book has a really good chapter on Aurangzaib.

Exactly. It's hindu radicals that fabricate such prejudiced claims to propagate hatred against Islam and muslims in India/Pakistan.

Aurangzaib being a religious man was more compassionate towards his subjects which included both muslims and non-muslims combined. One evidence you highlighted, there are countless other examples set by him.

Indian intellectuals have written on this as well to dispel hindu extremists propaganda that espouses and creates hatred against the Moguls.

Moguls were still far better Muslims than us, as they protected the honour of Islam and Muslims in south Asia and even beyond. Compare them to the current Indian muslims who can't even raise a voice against government oppression.

Shah Jahan was good.

Aurangzeb was the worst.

Compare them to the current Indian muslims who can't even raise a voice against government oppression.

I think you know more about Indian Muslim oppression than the Indian Muslims themselves. Isn't it evident enough that Indian Muslims are happy ? They are far more progressive than Pakistani Muslims. They have more opportunities and the government gives special privileges to the minority. India's greatest president was also a Muslim. You need to visit India to know just how happy people of all communities are.

Before I came on this forum I did not even know that there are Muslims in India ...we don't even think what religion the other person is. We were all Indians. Now you keep telling us "Sikhs want Khalistan, Muslims are oppressed" etc etc etc. All of this and more are mere fantasy on your part.

You need to visit India to see how "oppressed" Indian minorities are. My best friend in school was a Muslim and I never even thought about religion.

The reason why you keep raising this topic AGAIN and AGAIN is only because the existence of HAPPY Indian Muslims kills the idea of creating a Pakistan.

Regards

Frankly speaking almost all of the Mughal Leaders or whoever ruled in India under Muslims almost 90% of them were not the practicing Muslims and there are many ocassions when i can disagree with them.

I really don't like any Mughal but i do admire Babur for his military strategies and Aurangzaib for his noble work (but still not my favourites)

When Babur took over, whom did he defeat? Another Muslim "Lodhi". So please leave Islam out of this topic. It was never about the religion. It was all about the "kursi" and government. We have been fighting with each others ever since. People were greedy for the power and state even at that time. Akbar was the best amongst them as he united people of that region.

Honestly speaking it appears that the educated Pakistanis know nothing about their own history and are becoming apologists.

Maybe bollywood's distorted perception of Mugal history have creeped into our mindsets and warped up our senses of our own cultural and historical perspectives that we cannot appreciate the work of our forefathers.

Compare the Muslims of that time. Be they Mugals or not, they were *far* better muslims. They all prayed and gave zakat. it was common custom at that time, except for one or two Akbars. They also protected the honour and glory of Islam and the Prophet saw and their fellow Muslims, comparatively speaking, do you think current Indian muslims have the backbone to protect Islam?

Secondly, Mughals institutionalized Islamic values and Islamic culture in their Civilization, which in turn protected the cultural heritage and moral sense of Muslims throughout the Subcontinent's history. We observe these values in teh big Mosques they built, the Taj Mahals, and cultural and historical centres. Heck, Sub continental muslims still feel proud of these places. Muslims were far better off living under the Mughals than living under British who stole n ran away or the Hindu stooges of today.

Heck the whole of Subcontinent rule under Mughal benefited both the muslims and non-muslims as it accounted for more than 30% of the world's trade, compared to what like barely 5% of world trade of India/Pakistan today.

Then again I realize that Passing stupid judgements on historical figures is far easier than going through a history book and observing from facts.

Last edited:
I think you know more about Indian Muslim oppression than the Indian Muslims themselves. Isn't it evident enough that Indian Muslims are happy ? They are far more progressive than Pakistani Muslims. They have more opportunities and the government gives special privileges to the minority. India's greatest president was also a Muslim. You need to visit India to know just how happy people of all communities are.

Before I came on this forum I did not even know that there are Muslims in India ...we don't even think what religion the other person is. We were all Indians. Now you keep telling us "Sikhs want Khalistan, Muslims are oppressed" etc etc etc. All of this and more are mere fantasy on your part.

You need to visit India to see how "oppressed" Indian minorities are. My best friend in school was a Muslim and I never even thought about religion.

The reason why you keep raising this topic AGAIN and AGAIN is only because the existence of HAPPY Indian Muslims kills the idea of creating a Pakistan.

He should have watched Shahrukh Khan Meeting with fareed zakaria on CNN!!!:cool:

:usflag::coffee:

Regards

It seems you have never met Muslims, you even admit that did not know about Muslims until you came on the forums reveals plenty that you have been living in a cave.

No offense, the first place to visit Indian muslims would be Gujrat, then Kashmir, then Hyderabad, then Utter Pardesh, then Mumbai...to see the condition of "Indian muslims"

I thought "ignorance is bliss" comment no longer applies...but man am i wrong!!

It seems you have never met Muslims, you even admit that did not know about Muslims until you came on the forums reveals plenty that you have been living in a cave.

No offense, the first place to visit Indian muslims would be Gujrat, then Kashmir, then Hyderabad, then Utter Pardesh, then Mumbai...to see the condition of "Indian muslims"

I thought "ignorance is bliss" comment no longer applies...but man am i wrong!!

dude, there are over 1 billion people in India which includes Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims and all others.
if some Muslims are poor, than it might be their fault.

i mean look at Indian cricket team, bollywood, there are Muslims.

if Muslims are poor in Gujarat, look at the condition of bihar, UP and tell me If Hindus are rich.

Last edited:
He should have watched Shahrukh Khan Meeting with fareed zakaria on CNN!!!:cool:

:usflag::coffee:

Lol, Shahrukh khan, one day he's an afghan, the next day he's an indian, third day he's pakistani. Talk about identity crises:P

Lol, Shahrukh khan, one day he's an afghan, the next day he's an indian, third day he's pakistani. Talk about identity crises:P

hahah, i knew one of you were gonna say that. no surprise. :)

dude, there are over 1 billion people in India which includes Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims and all others.
if some Muslims are poor, than it might be their fault.

i mean look at Indian cricket team, bollywood, there are Muslims.

if Muslims are poor in Gujarat, look at the condition of bihar, UP and tell me If Hindus are rich.

Ya right.. and that was one of the reasons Muslim Leauge was created later Pakistan.

comparatively speaking, do you think current Indian muslims have the backbone to protect Islam?

dude the topic is Greatest Mughal Emperor??? and its not The Indian Muslims have backebone or not
so try try to discuss wit the topic.

and for yr question they are not cowards like you who ran wit a piece of land for not being able to be in a Hindu majority country. also u say u guys were the guardian of Islam wit supporting terrorism, killing innocent people, back stabbing...??? The real muslims live in India they are the one protecting Islam even though there are many clashes. U guys dont have any rights to talk abt Our people...:angry:

sorry for being off topic :angel:

Back
Top Bottom