What's new

Govt to legalise 2.8 million Bengalis in Pakistan

My question was: Do you have any idea, as to how many Biharis, are still without any documents / in limbo?

I don't know exactly how many. But those who chose not to take it, did so by their own choice. For reasons of having one sided love towards Pakistan, when the Pakistani Govt itself is least concerned with their plight. The Bangladeshi Govt's offer was sincere and far reaching.

I don't know exactly how many. But those who chose not to take it, did so by their own choice. For reasons of having one sided love towards Pakistan, when the Pakistani Govt itself is least concerned with their plight. The Bangladeshi Govt's offer was sincere and far reaching.

Well GoP isn't exactly too concerned with the plight of the common man either.

You having lived in the UAE must have seen first hand, how much respect the Pakistani Embassy / Consulate give, to the common man, despite the Billions of US$, they remit annually. It is literally the case of biting the hand that feeds you.

The reason I mentioned Overseas Pakistanis, is because their contribution to the Foreign Exchange Reserves is un-debateble, yet the treatment they are vetted out is appalling. So to expect any better for people 2,500Kms away would be ridiculous.

Nonetheless, the few Urdu speakers, who have still held out, deserve our respect, for their loyalty.

You having lived in the UAE must have seen first hand, how much respect the Pakistani Embassy / Consulate give, to the common man, despite the Billions of US$, they remit annually. It is literally the case of biting the hand that feeds you.
Pakistan govt and it's institutions have become parasites and blood sucking leeches for common Pakistanis

Older generation somewhat arrogant, close minded, unrealistic and not practical. They rather die as Pakistani than Bangladeshi. I do not think Allah will ask them what was their citizenship status on judgement day.

Newer generation, specially those born after 71 open minded and decided to move on.

The reason I mentioned Overseas Pakistanis, is because their contribution to the Foreign Exchange Reserves is un-debateble, yet the treatment they are vetted out is appalling. So to expect any better for people 2,500Kms away would be ridiculous.

Nonetheless, the few Urdu speakers, who have still held out, deserve our respect, for their loyalty.

Indeed, to argue otherwise would be futile for the sole reason of it being indefensible.

Actually no, I wasn't there for that long. I had to leave because of some personal issues. So I never came into contact, with the embassy staff in U.A.E. A healthy expiry on my passport and never having the need to renew the visa, made that certain. But do I doubt it? Of course not. I have heard first hand reports of the Pakistani embassies in European countries, from a couple of people. To imagine such treatment from highly qualified educated CSS-passing people is difficult for me, though. What causes them to, I mean? They know better and should act as such. How exactly does it serve Pakistan when overseas Pakistanis are protesting outside one of their country's embassy abroad?

Pakistani Govt actually tried bringing them back in the eighties, a large number of people were brought back, but then I don't know, what happened. History is silent, from what I know, as to why was that project not completed. A dictator was in power then, so opposition to the program would have been almost non-existent and easy to handle, I imagine.

Older generation somewhat arrogant, close minded, unrealistic and not practical. They rather die as Pakistani than Bangladeshi. I do not think Allah will ask them what was their citizenship status on judgement day.

Newer generation, specially those born after 71 open minded and decided to move on.

Love isn't based on logic, but emotions. They will die in the camps, but accepting Bangladeshi nationality would be akin to destroying their only legacy and taint their love for Pakistan. I can understand, why it isn't logical but thats a path they will pursue.

It’s same for Bd. I see news all the time where oversea Bdian get bad tratmenr

Love isn't based on logic, but emotions. They will die in the camps, but accepting Bangladeshi nationality would be akin to destroying their only legacy and taint their love for Pakistan. I can understand, why it isn't logical but thats a path they will pursue.

I get it and respect their position. But heartbreaking to see how they chose to live. Bd government can not really do much more since they refused to blend with local. You have to understand, over there ever man for himself. You have to get it how you live.

Funny thing is that they never really lived in present day Pakistan. They migrated to E Pak and always lived there.

I do not think they will be dying in Pakistani soil, allhu alam.

I get it and respect their position. But heartbreaking to see how they chose to live. Bd government can not really do much more since they refused to blend with local. You have to understand, over there ever man for himself. You have to get it how you live.

Funny thing is that they never really lived in present day Pakistan. They migrated to E Pak and always lived there.

I do not think they will be dying in Pakistani soil, allhu alam.

You are correct. I most certainly can't imagine. It must be hell. Humans are strange, that is all. Sometimes, faith and belief can come before the human needs. Yeah, migrated from Bihar to East Pakistan (present day Bangladesh). I am the son, of one.

Back
Top Bottom