What's new

Gov House, Lahore Open For Public - 8 hrs later

These, ladies and Gentlemen, are the jungli and uncivilized Lahoris which should be kept in Zoos to contain their threat to the civilized folk around...

Typical SA mentality, not surprising. Our people act fine when they are in West but total opposite when they are in native land. BS really.

So stop with your colonial mentality and help clean it up or wait and let this new government build a system which will clean it up for you.
That will just prove that we arent Muslims....Cleanliness is part of our faith....Apparently these are monkeys first not even human forget being Muslims...I really dont understand how people can be THIS disgusting?!

If you could then visit some public place in UK after a big event or visit the town center before 05:00 in the morning and you'll see the amount of trash. But then trucks come in and they clean it up.
I agree....Saw in Spain after a festival/ feista and they brought in huge cleaning machines like after the hype hrs and before dinner...Street went from filthy with beer splashed everywhere to clean enough to walk! They clean at once...But if people had the habit of behaving like human (not drunk people) then maybe this mess wouldnt be that bad or disgusting looking

one person saying in UK after public event we have the same sort of issues and then cleaning trucks comes to clean it...

mind it that, in UK people pay taxes... not just the Taxes on earnings but council Tax as well which provides all these cleaning services..
how many in Pakistan pay these tax to enjoy same sort of services ????

generally in greater London the council Tax comes around £140-£160 per month depending on the location

one person saying in UK after public event we have the same sort of issues and then cleaning trucks comes to clean it...

mind it that, in UK people pay taxes... not just the Taxes on earnings but council Tax as well which provides all these cleaning services..

generally in greater London the council Tax comes around £140-£160 per month depending on the location

I pay 26000 rs a month on council tax and streets are clean but then nobody really litters that much so not much to clean. Bins collected once a week with recycling option.

There is a solution to this.

1. Have public bins placed all over the park and have them regularly emptied. I've never seen a public bin in Pakistan, in my limited experience of Pakistan of course.

2. Have litter wardens fine people who litter.

3. Have posters and signs warning people about the signs and telling them to use bins.

Mind you, all this only works when people have the right mentality. Around the world some parts of society drop litter, others pick it up. This has to be instilled from a young age.

Both he and you are correct. Have you ever been on the streets at 4-5am after a friday or saturday night? litter everywhere, the cleaners are out in force at 6am cleaning up. The same is true of high streets with takeaways etc.

At the same time i was sat in traffic a few years ago and watched an elderly lady at the traffic lights, struggle to bend down to pick up someone elses litter. She cares for her community.

Some Patwaris are saying this happens when you let people in these prestigious buildings. They forget that these buildings belong to the public and were built with public money.
Sure people should care a little more and not throw trash here and there.

But all the people who give example of foreign countries need to realize that the same thing happens everywhere. The difference is they start cleaning the place immediately in developed countries.
If you could then visit some public place in UK after a big event or visit the town center before 05:00 in the morning and you'll see the amount of trash. But then trucks come in and they clean it up.

So stop with your colonial mentality and help clean it up or wait and let this new government build a system which will clean it up for you.

One example for you: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3142856/As-year-s-Glastonbury-closes-big-clean-begins.html

View attachment 499684

And I am a patwari with a "colonial mindset" because I raised this issue (one which is extremely important to our society) on a public forum? I AM doing my part by discussing it.
By that logic no person should be allowed to criticise the PMLN government.
"Help by cleaning it up".
Ha! The cheek, sir!
Again, aafreen.

Fact of the matter is that this isn't rocket surgery; the government simply has to employ cleaners.
"Building a system". Some bloody system, sir!

Fact is that the government is well aware of the general public and should have ensured preemptive measures were taken before opening these buildings.

And kindly don't compare it with Glastonbury. Glastonbury is one of the biggest music festivals in the world. Completely different thing. Compare it Buckingham Palace, if you wish.

LOL yeh qaum Nawaz Sharif ko vote nahin daale gi to aur kis ko daale gi.

I bet you their houses also look the same.

Those who open this place must unsure all hygienic measures and discipline.

@Indus Pakistan @Arsalan @django @tps77

LOL how can you blame those who have opened up the place when the responsibility squarely lies with the visitors.

Should the government now beg the people not to litter?

Typical SA mentality, not surprising. Our people act fine when they are in West but total opposite when they are in native land. BS really.

These people would even fvck it up in heaven. Yes, I am referring to heaven where rivers of honey flow. Even the rivers of honey will become polluted.

There is a solution to this.

1. Have public bins placed all over the park and have them regularly emptied. I've never seen a public bin in Pakistan, in my limited experience of Pakistan of course.

2. Have litter wardens fine people who litter.

3. Have posters and signs warning people about the signs and telling them to use bins.

Mind you, all this only works when people have the right mentality. Around the world some parts of society drop litter, others pick it up. This has to be instilled from a young age.

Both he and you are correct. Have you ever been on the streets at 4-5am after a friday or saturday night? litter everywhere, the cleaners are out in force at 6am cleaning up. The same is true of high streets with takeaways etc.

At the same time i was sat in traffic a few years ago and watched an elderly lady at the traffic lights, struggle to bend down to pick up someone elses litter. She cares for her community.

I can agree that zero litter is impossible, but for goodness sake. The pictures reveal the animal instinct of our people.

Charge everyone to enter these places. Be it little entry fee. Use that money to pay cleaners etc.

And I am a patwari with a "colonial mindset" because I raised this issue (one which is extremely important to our society) on a public forum? I AM doing my part by discussing it.
By that logic no person should be allowed to criticise the PMLN government.

Fact is that the government is well aware of the general public and should have ensured preemptive measures were taken before opening these buildings.

And kindly don't compare it with Glastonbury. Glastonbury is one of the biggest music festivals in the world. Completely different thing. Compare it Buckingham Palace, if you wish.
You didn't get my point. You can criticize the government all you want. But be objective and stop saying that these people don't deserve to go into places like Governor house. Which were built by their money.
Yes people should care more and not throw trash here and there. We are Muslims and it's part of our faith to ensure cleanliness.

And finally this happens in UK every weekend. All the major roads are filled with trash but before sunrise council cleans it up.

Kindly don't bother tagging me. I have no time for liars.
Same here, thanks for letting me know that your are a cult follower like Qadianis...they follow crocked eye Dajjal and you follow Zani....

Feelings are mutual but no bad feelings at personal level...I still respect your views and patriotism despite we have political differences...

And I must say we should respect each other for having opposite political opinions...

The culture of disrespect and mud slinging should be stopped....

@Indus Pakistan
I am is of the opinion current system of parliament is not suitable, I am advocating presidential form of Government....

We need to change the system not leaders, leaders would be replaced by system itself...

Have nice good night...

and thanks for your sultry and abusive remarks on other thread...I am not offended at all since I am expecting these kind of things from Pitiyan…

Regards,

Mian Ahmed.

The culture of disrespect and mud slinging should be stopped....
Yeh agree. Let bygones be bygones. Just to clarify I find Ahmedi's views with respect to finality of prophet beyond my understanding of Islam but I will not discriminate whatsoever on the basis of their beliefs. Their religion to them, mine to me. Let the almighty judge when it time comes.

I am is of the opinion current system of parliament is not suitable, I am advocating presidential form of Government....
I entirely agree with you there. The problem we have in Pakistan is a fractured polity. Take the present government. It sits atop a loose coalition. This is like a guy trying to draw a master piece of fine art while standing on stack of cups. One wrong move the stack will give way and he will come crashing down.

vintage-tea-cup-stack-photo-elle-moss.jpg

I would also rather a Presidential system that ends with one solid winner and then he/she gets 5 years to get cracking. If they do well in 5 years they can win again. There must be 2 term rule so no leader can stay in office for longer then 10 years. If you have not done anything good in 10 years you never will. This would mean every decade we would see turnover of leaders.

Back
Top Bottom