What's new

Good News For Bollywood Fans in Pakistan! Restriction on Bollywood films revised

Its all about business. You can not run your Cinema without Indian movies its a fact whether accept it or not. That's true that the percentage of watching Indian movies is in decline in minus. People are more interested to watch Holllywood movies now but you can not rule out Indian movies. The business community (cinema holders) need $$ to run their Cinemas. Still Pakistani film industry is in initial phase. In past 4 - 5 years, the lollywood literally made great movies few were much much better than entire Indian movies of an year but still by closing entire Indian content (which I also want), Pakistan cinema business definitely hurt.

That's a funny thing to say given the popularity of Bollywood movies
Yes they copy Hollywood and even copy south bit the point is that highest grossing movies in Pakistan are from bollywood itself
Bollywood is crap 99% of the movies have the same script the rest are copy paste

Larka larki se pyar karta hai. larki ke maa baap shadi ke liye razi nhi hotay. akhir main shadi ho jati hai

Pathetic.........no story at all.

Larka larki se pyar karta hai. larki ke maa baap shadi ke liye razi nhi hotay. akhir main shadi ho jati hai
:rofl::rofl: ye to muje bhee Lagta h

ollywood is crap 99% of the movies have the same script the rest are copy paste
Recently some directors have started thinking out of the box ,
Bollywood has changed recently and creativity is blooming

We need to keep encouraging this

India is our enemy, bollywood humanise this enemy and is a threat to our national interest

It isnt good enough to just keep building and aiming weapons we need to ensure Partition means partition and that conflict over Kashmir extends to all facets of our life
Rather our film industry is playing catch-up with Bollywood in the incorporation of and propagation of obscenity.

It's usually like this: Latest anticipated Bollywood release includes girls with half their breasts showing + some sex scenes.

Pakistani film industry response: release film with girls showing their legs, male and female lead actors kissing.

In other words we're just playing catch-up with them. We're just one level behind.

If we are truly different from them and we as a nation want to live up to the spirit of partition then we must do opposite of what they are doing instead of emulating their socially destructive culture, even going so far as changing our national language to Farsi if we must so as to negate Indian cultural influence.

@Psychic @dsr478 @Metanoia @war&peace @PakSword

Rather our film industry is playing catch-up with Bollywood in the incorporation of and propagation of obscenity.

It's usually like this: Latest anticipated Bollywood release includes girls with half their breasts showing + some sex scenes.

Pakistani film industry response: release film with girls showing their legs, male and female lead actors kissing.

In other words we're just playing catch-up with them. We're just one level behind.

If we are truly different from them and we as a nation want to live up to the spirit of partition then we must do opposite of what they are doing instead of emulating their socially destructive culture, even going so far as changing our national language to Farsi if we must so as to negate Indian cultural influence.

@Psychic @dsr478 @Metanoia @war&peace @PakSword

Asalamu Alaikum

Let's just change Urdu a little, no need to adopt a new language.

Hey buddy how are you ?don't see you around much

Thanks, I am well.

Yes, I have posted few times this past week.

On topic - there's no point in telling this to haters they will deny any fact
Truth is Bollywood movies have a huge presence in Pakistan

True. :)

Bollywood is crap 99% of the movies have the same script the rest are copy paste

Well, what you said was true for the 80's and 90's films and those films not fitting the norm used to be called "Off-beat films", like the 1980's films like 'Jaane bhi do yaaro', or later films like 'Iss raat ki subah nahin' or more recent and partially commercial films like 'Rocket Singh - Salesman of the year'.

There are quite a few films like those.

Its all about business. You can not run your Cinema without Indian movies its a fact whether accept it or not. That's true that the percentage of watching Indian movies is in decline in minus. People are more interested to watch Holllywood movies now but you can not rule out Indian movies. The business community (cinema holders) need $$ to run their Cinemas. Still Pakistani film industry is in initial phase. In past 4 - 5 years, the lollywood literally made great movies few were much much better than entire Indian movies of an year but still by closing entire Indian content (which I also want), Pakistan cinema business definitely hurt.
No problem, shut down the Cinema. It is not a vital rather society will be much better without it.

Asalamu Alaikum

Let's just change Urdu a little, no need to adopt a new language.
Walaikum Assalam

I respectfully disagree. Halfway measures will only bring us back to square one. The thing is Bollywood films are all made in Urdu, not even Hindi, for the simple reasons to market them in Pakistan.

We can negate this by either adopting a native Pakistani language that is not spoken in India like Balochi (as some suggested) or Farsi which was once the language of educated Muslims of the Subcontinent but is also not spoken in India.

Walaikum Assalam

I respectfully disagree. Halfway measures will only bring us back to square one. The thing is Bollywood films are all made in Urdu, not even Hindi, for the simple reasons to market them in Pakistan.

We can negate this by either adopting a native Pakistani language like Balochi (as some suggested) or Farsi which was once the language of educated Muslims of the Subcontinent.

I thought of that too, but after listening to Farsi, I honestly do not want to adopt it. I don't personally like the language too much.

I'm open to Baluchi though, I even suggested it earlier as an alternative to changing Urdu some more.

I thought of that too, but after listening to Farsi, I honestly do not want to adopt it. I don't personally like the language too much.

I'm open to Baluchi though, I even suggested it earlier as an alternative to changing Urdu some more.
I actually like Farsi (sounds nice to my ears) but I would give preference to Balochi since it is a native tongue of Pakistan.

Is Dari any better? I've only ever listened to Farsi from Iran.
Honestly I can't tell the difference between the two as I'm not a native speaker of either language however they both sound nice to me.

a1.jpg

Honestly I can't tell the difference between the two as I'm not a native speaker of either language however they both sound nice to me.

The only Iranian languages I've heard are Farsi, Pashto, Kurdish and Baluchi.

I only really liked Pashto and Baluchi to be perfectly honest.

The only Iranian languages I've heard are Farsi, Pashto, Kurdish and Baluchi.

I only really liked Pashto and Baluchi to be perfectly honest.
Yeah, I would give local languages preference but if I had to choose a foreign language it would be Farsi. Though it's not exactly "foreign" considering it's historical presence in the Subcontinent up until recently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom