What's new

Good News For Bollywood Fans in Pakistan! Restriction on Bollywood films revised

Yes, but I never watch bollywood neither does my family, @waz.

You're an exception bro, nor do my family. But I know plenty of others who do and talk about the next hit as if their life depended on it lol.

You're an exception bro, nor do my family. But I know plenty of others who do and talk about the next hit as if their life depended on it lol.
Alright, perhaps some idiots watch bollywood, because they see it as an alternative to the western hollywood.

I am not denying that.

But seriously bollywood is crap when compared to hollywood. bollywood is crap when compared to hollywood when it comes to quality.

We need to team up with Central Asian Countries like Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt, and Turkey and form our own media that portrays our values, etc.

Alright, perhaps some idiots watch bollywood, because they see it as an alternative to the western hollywood.

I am not denying that.

But seriously bollywood is crap when compared to hollywood. bollywood is crap when compared to hollywood when it comes to quality.

We need to team up with Central Asian Countries like Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt, and Turkey and form our own media that portrays our values, etc.

Lol it is trash. It's old films are very good though.

But anyway my own viewing is Hollywood, UK stuff, Japan films and Anime, South Korea (horror and action), Thailand (horror), Australia (films) and anything else of interest.

Bro...unrealistic, impractical...and a fool's errand. It's not gonna happen.
I disagree. It can happen. If we accepted English which is more alien to our region, then we can easily accept Farsi or Balochi which have historical ties to our region and are still spoken here.

I am not denying that.

Its an age old cycle. People born in 50s call late 60s stuff Gold and any newer crap, those born in 60s call 70s the greatest stuff and so on. Now we have those born in 80s who call 90s stuff gold and rest crap. Soon we will have those born in 2000s commenting who will call current stuff greatest and rest bull crap.

I disagree. It can happen. If we accepted English which is more alien to our region, then we can easily accept Farsi or Balochi which have historical ties to our region and are still spoken here.

Reasons for English being adopted not only in Pakistan but throughout the world:

1) A century of English rule whereby the brown elites were influenced by and adopted the language. It was the language of the court. ( I do not foresee any Persian conquest of Pakistan where they'll restablish Farsi as the chief language).

2) One of the key sign of a "dead" language is when academic research papers and R&D are stopped being published in that particular language, i.e., it's no more the medium for relevant education. Majority of the research, innovation, R&D etc. are conducted and published in English. Hence in order to progress, the Sub-Continent browns also had to adapt via incorporating English coupled with the British rule. (Again, I do not foresee Persian replacing English in this scenario as well, whether Pakistan or global). English has been the "scientific language" which has overshadowed even it's European cousins (French, Greek etc.) and other historic heavy weights like Arabic and Persian due to the Anglo-Saxon dominance in various sciences.

3) In view of Point 1 and Point 2; neither Farsi nor Balochi would come even close to replacing Urdu or English at this point in time. Persian used to be an electable linguistic subject but even then it utterly failed to make any sort of substantial impact on our modern day society/culture. It will be a logistical nightmare to reprogramme this rowdy hujoom of 220 million(who haven't even grasped the most basic decent concept of queuing) to switch to Persian...because I bet you they'll very well end up making a mockery out of Persian like they did with Urdu. The issue of this nation is on a spiritual/deeper level merey bhai. The problem of mindset and overall khabasat can not be offset with the change in language.

Do your country a favor and make sure everyone can read (and bonus if they can write as well!) Urdu first. About 42% cann't apparently. This is much more achievable than making even 30-40% speak / read / write Farasi / Balochi.

And if you are considering something as weird as Farasi, why not just go full crazy and learn Chinese and make Chinese your primary language. Will be much more useful than Farasi.

It's an unnecessary endeavor.

And thanks to the internet, a complete ban is unachievable. The real problem is that people like such cheap "entertainment" which is item numbers, a love story with a happy ending always and a body builder hero who beats scores of guys simultaneously.

Indeed! And the debased people watching the mujras would not even allow their own mothers, sisters or wives perform that (unless such a person is really far gone) which goes to show that even they view this as degenerate and abhorrent.
The real problem is that people like such cheap entertainment. They'd prefer mujras/bollywood craap over a masterpiece of art. The mindset is the problem.

I agree with you bro. This bollywood is crap. I never watch it.

But collection figures of bollywood movies in Pakistani cinema halls tells a totally different story,

You might have a personal opinion or opinion based on people you know, but still, bollywood is earning crores in Pakistan and generating profits for cinema hall owners, which means that the average Pakistanis (or Most Pakistanis) view bollywood differently than you

On a positive note,

http://www.arabnews.pk/node/1319666/offbeat

Pakistani stylist packs bags for big Bollywood break in Bangkok
1218751-1111703554.jpg

Dubai-based Pakistani stylist Nabila is going to lead the vanity at IIFA — replacing giant company MAC. (Photo courtesy: Nabila)
Updated 11 June 2018
AMNA EHTESHAM KHAISHGI
June 11, 201817:39

• Nabila’s Zero makeup and other two flagship brands have replaced MAC Cosmetics, which managed IIFA for 16 years
  • First time a Pakistani artist will be managing the IIFA vanity
DUBAI: Veteran Pakistani stylist and image consultant Nabila Maqsood and her team are getting ready for their first major Bollywood break. Her brands Zero Makeup, N-Gents and Nabila are now the official makeup and hairstylists in the prestigious International Indian Film Academy [IIFA] awards 2018.
The biggest celebration of Indian cinema is heading to Bangkok, Thailand, on June 22-24.
Nabila has replaced MAC Cosmetics, which was the IIFA official makeup and stylist partner for more than 16 years.
Speaking exclusively to Arab News, Nabila said the selection was unexpected but she and her team are very excited. “I am overwhelmed. It is a very big honor that for the first time a Pakistani hair stylist and makeup artist will be doing this world-class event. It is a complement that such a grand event, which Mac was doing successfully for 16 years, will now be managed by us. It is very exciting.”
Bollywood stars such as Karan Johar, Shahid Kapoor, Anil Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Radhika Apte, Huma Qureshi, Dia Mirza, Ayushmann Khurana, Ritesh Deshmukh, Varun Dhawan, Ranbir Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor and Kriti Sanon will be participating and performing during the awards ceremony.
“The project is huge. It will involve fashion shows, an awards ceremony, dance performances and lots of other activities where loads of celebrities of MIP [most important people], VVIP [very, very important people] and VIP [very important people] level are participating and we will be doing makeup and styling for all them. It is a huge task,” she said.
Although this is Nabila and her team’s first gig in Bollywood, she is confident that her team is trained enough to manage the pressure. “We have been doing all the awards shows and fashion weeks [in Pakistan] for over 16 years now. My team can handle the entire celebrities and dance performances and other event.
“I know India has much bigger canvas and they have more superstars. But we are focused on our work. We are confident that we will do it well. My team is trained and professional enough to deal with all kinds of pressure. Moreover, we invest in our products and hence we are equipped enough to deal with such huge projects [as IIFA].”
She said her team had worked with Indian stars who had visited Pakistan over the past decade or so. However, this will be the first time that they have dealt with the entire Bollywood under one roof.
Nabila finds that Indian aesthetics, especially those with Bollywood, are larger than life. “The Indian aesthetics, especially dances, are slightly larger than life. So everything has to look very glamorous and sexy, which is very beautiful.”
Nabila’s personal favorite Bollywood hero is Shahid Kapoor. “I like Shahid Kapoor’s style only because he keeps reinventing himself and keeps on changing his looks. For men, hair and beards make all the difference. At N-Gents, I am really looking forward to set up the barbering section which hasn’t been done before.”
Having said that, Karan Johar is the Bollywood personality that Nabila is really eager to meet and work with. “Though there is a fantastic lineup of top movie stars, I am really looking forward to working with Karan Johar. I know we will become very good friends.”

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom