What's new

Give Hagia Sophia back to Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabong1

<b>PDF VETERAN</b>
Reaction score
Came across an interesting article and just wondered what the thoughts of the turkish members would be on this issue.
I do think however that it would be a deft move by the turks-muslims to hand back the Hagia Sophia to the eastern orthodox church as this would strengthen relations with russia/eastern europe/greeks.
OPINION - Letter to the Editor - Give Hagia Sophia back to Christianity

Came across an interesting article and just wondered what the thoughts of the turkish members would be on this issue.
I do think however that it would be a deft move by the turks-muslims to hand back the Hagia Sophia to the eastern orthodox church as this would strengthen relations with russia/eastern europe/greeks.

Aya Sofya is the symbol of the conquering of Constantinopel. Handing it over is the same like handing over &#304;stanbul.
So no! &#304;t will never happen. Aya Sofya is the property and honour of the Turkish nation of today.

However,
&#304;f the Aya Sofya would be open for prayers again, instead of being a museum. &#304; really wouldn't mind lending a small space of the Aya Sofya, so that the Orthodox Christians can pray there. &#304;n fact &#304; would find it beautifull.

Yeah Hagia Sophia should be given back to Christians in exchange of The Great Mosque of Cordoba being given back to Muslims. Hagia Sophia at that time was the largest Church in the world, iThe Great Mosque of Cordoba was the largest Mosque in the world? Isn't it?

It doesn't really go this way... Hagia Sophia is no more than a symbolic building these days and is been converted to Library? so lets move on with the reality.

Its good as it is.... I dont think there is any popular demand for it as well.

Yeah Hagia Sophia should be given back to Christians in exchange of The Great Mosque of Cordoba being given back to Muslims. Hagia Sophia at that time was the largest Church in the world, iThe Great Mosque of Cordoba was the largest Mosque in the world? Isn't it?

It doesn't really go this way... Hagia Sophia is no more than a symbolic building these days and is been converted to Library? so lets move on with the reality.

Have you ever heard of the curse of Hagia Sophia???? Lanetullah
"Ayosofya vakfiyesi" vakfiye means "waqf"

He changed St. Sophia into a mosque and willed "Whoever abolishes this, may he be cursed by Allah the Almighty."

1366121504_22_vasiyetgis65.jpg

Have you ever heard of the curse of Hagia Sophia???? Lanetullah
"Ayosofya vakfiyesi" vakfiye means "waqf"

He changed St. Sophia into a mosque and willed "Whoever abolishes this, may he be cursed by Allah the Almighty."

1366121504_22_vasiyetgis65.jpg

What is this? did you mean it's mentioned in the holy book? or what it is?

Its good as it is.... I dont think there is any popular demand for it as well.

as a christian myself i would love to attend a mass held in hagia sophia if they allow christians to perform mass every sunday, regarding cordoba of spain i have the same view

What is this? did you mean it's mentioned in the holy book? or what it is?

&#304;t's also quiet controversial, since the one Fatih is cursing in this context is Atatürk.

so the curse did not actually work.. :coffee:

Not that kind of curse, but a curse as of todays swearing. So basically if he wrote that today, he would be swearing to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom