What's new

AKP election spots show Erdogan's ambitions and megalomania

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Well,for years the AKP spots that have been praising the "great leader" Erdogan like some kind of a Sultan,have been many throughout the years. Always trying to stress the islamic-patriotic element and with extreme populism. Usually the main message is the Ottoman past and how Erdogan connects modern Turkey's achievements with it.

I've watched many ridiculous uber-patriotic emotional TV spots,from ones that keep boasting about Constantinople's conquest (it's 2023,you still haven't realized you've conquered it?),to talking about how the Turkish Air Force is dominant in the skies to Blue Homeland etc.

The latest two spots of the election season are especially interesting.

In this first one,where there's an overly patriotic song about the Homeland,at the end appears a map of Turkey which encompasses all of Greek Thrace and most of the islands of eastern Aegean.

The second spot,shows generations of a family,who have been longing to see the Hagia Sophia turned into a mosque.

In the first part of the spot,notice the heavy footsteps of the soldiers passing in front of the camera. To remind people of the evil military dictatorships and their secular character. At the end of the spot,we are reminded of how Turkish "Istanbul" is and that Turks should protect their history and country. Of course,by voting for Erdogan.

@Maula Jatt @villageidiot @_NOBODY_ @Hack-Hook @PakFactor @Muhammed45 @SQ8 @RescueRanger @gambit @reflecthofgeismar @Ich @mike2000 is back @SecularNationalist @White and Green with M/S @LegionnairE @Dehydrated Trisolaran @arjunk @DrasticMeasure @Imran Khan

I know that a lot of Ertugrul fanboys will rush and say "oh wow,so beautiful,so touching". I'm sure they love such things. It's good propaganda for such people. Now,Pakistani guys imagine if Modi did the exact same thing. Imagine if he released similar election spots. How cheesy would they look like? imagine if the BJP's election spot showed Gilgit Baltistan all orange under the indian flag. Azad Kashmir too. And parts Pakistani Punjab.

A few more older spots for the hardcore Ertrugrul fans,who will definetely come and check this thread:

Turkey is everywhere:

First video, painful to watch, swimming in dislikes, western thrace, aegean islands thing is another dead cat strategy.

Get people to talk about unrelated stuff so they forget about the corpses rotting in rubbles of the earthquake.

I didn't watch the rest.

It's time to be devil's advocate for me.
I can guarantee you 100% that the Islamists' hostility to Greece is just a show, Blue homeland 6 mile in air and sea is ofcourse red line but invading greek islands or eastern thrace is nothing to be taken serius.
The reason of why AKP has been an enemy of Greece in the last 5 years is no other than Greece itself.
Greece thought that Turkey was weakened after failed coup in 15 July and due to the operations in Syria, and you tried to create the Seville map together with Egypt and Israel.
Turkey's response to this was to make an agreement with Libya based on the blue homeland map and send drilling ships to east med.
Apart from this crisis, AKP and Erdogan have not taken any steps against Greece since 2002 instead they even try to sold TRNC to Greek-Cypriot govermant in 2004 with Annan plan.
AKP propaganda to Turkish people is just empty propaganda, 10 years ago there was propaganda videos that shows liberation of Jerusalem

First video, painful to watch, swimming in dislikes, western thrace, aegean islands thing is another dead cat strategy.

Get people to talk about unrelated stuff so they forget about the corpses rotting in rubbles of the earthquake.

I didn't watch the rest.
I also noticed:

The Anadolu
The first Turkish car
The expensive drill/research ship
Hagia Sophia
The poor fishermen
All those people who pay respects to the flag (and what a coincedence,Erdogan does the same)
The TURKSAT satellite

and you tried to create the Seville map together with Egypt and Israel.
But those borders existed for decades. The Seville map was just a research about the EUs EEZ and territorial waters. The problem is,AKP's narrative never wanted any serious cooperation. You're right that they started making a fuss to get more support from the people.

There are also some analysts here who say that Erdogan had to give in to Bahceli's demands,because he needed his support in the parliament. Bahceli is extremely nationalistic,Erdogan started making big talk to please him and then he couldn't take all that back. He just had to make bigger and bigger claims and expansionist propaganda.

Now I'm confused. The Kurds say they will support KK. Isn't that a bit bad for the CHP's image when it comes to getting votes from the nationalists and patriotic people?

Last edited:
But those borders existed for decades. The Seville map was just a research about the EUs EEZ and territorial waters. The problem is,AKP's narrative never wanted any serious cooperation. You're right that they started making a fuss to get more support from the people.

There are also some analysts here who say that Erdogan had to give in to Bahceli's demands,because he needed his support in the parliament. Bahceli is extremely nationalistic,Erdogan started making big talk to please him and then he couldn't take all that back. He just had to make bigger and bigger claims and expansionist propaganda.

Now I'm confused. The Kurds say they will support KK. Isn't that a bit bad for the CHP's image when it comes to getting votes from the nationalists and patriotic people?
We had EEZ crisis for long time but neither Greece or Turkey take serius action until 2018..
Erdogan need nationalist and islamist votes, So this propaganda is for them.. It is true Bahçeli effected Erdogans national policy but Greywolfs barely care about Greece, Their main focus is on Middle east and Azerbaijan..
Erdogan use Greece for propaganda and he only take action ıf balance of power change in favor of Greece but If CHP win this elections they will do more harm to Greece than Erdogan ever did, their first promise is to send all refugees to Greece and rest of Europe
And unlike Erdogan they will have foreign support behind him, and even Egypt and Israel might turn back to Turkey in few years..

Last edited:
You know,some analysts here said that Akcener might be worse than Erdogan when it comes to nationalist claims.
Erdogan is actualy anti nationalist He is now acting nationalist to get support of MHP.
But Akşener is realy nationalist

Power is the most addictive thing available on planet earth!

BTW, is it viable to have an universal 15 years term limit for head of state and head of government post in every country thorough UN?

Power is the most addictive thing available on planet earth!

BTW, is it viable to have an universal 15 years term limit for head of state and head of government post in every country thorough UN?
Nah,there are so many dictators on so many sides,that nobody wants to replace them.

We can solve this issue once and for all. Just vacate our islands and stop the illegal Western-backed occupation of Turkish lands and seas.

Ofc, I don't watch propaganda spots in general regardless of the party behind it.

i think he should give pakistanis voting rights to vote in turkey . he has converted most of them to be akp supporters via ertugul :-)

Turkey won’t revive any caliphate.
Check the demographics of Turkey and the sentiment of the people there and you’ll find out why.
Pakistan has a higher chance of reviving the caliphate and creating a Muslim empire than Turkey doing so.
Erdogan I don’t hate him but I don’t like him either. The opposition winning the elections in Turkey might create problems from Muslims in Turkey and the region. But after all, it’s Turks who’ll decide who rules them not us.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom