What's new

GIDS Shahpur II Block II and Taimoor ALCM

Taimoor ALCM weighs 1000kg this shows that we are lacking in metallurgy.
If it could be that it just has a massive warhead? Its weight is almost the same as Ra’ad but Ra’ad’s warhead is double of Turkey’s Som-J. What if Taimur is just conventional Ra’ad and optimized to be carried by JF-17 type fighter jets? Som-J is about half the weight but half the warhead as well.
It literally weighs 1000kg who would want to buy this when other nations have better options at their disposals.

Turkey being a recent successor.
Europe won’t sell to anyone.
What if Taimur is cheaper than western and Turkish options?
And Pakistan can offer perks to sweeten the deal like ToT Harbah it offered for export with ToT?
These will be perfect for countries which are interested in JF-17 but also want a cruise missile for it.

Its great our very own TB2.
Shahpar II - Block 2

1676846295741.png

vs

TB-2

1676846336966.png

They actually much more similar in size than I thought, wing span of TB2 is 12m vs 9.5m Shahpar II.

Very similar overall but TB2 has a bit longer endurance and can use an AESA radar. Could be bigger differences though in quality/capability of software suites and EO sensors, as well as any countermeasure systems.

Look at that payload and it has 10,000KM range and can be equipped with A-A missiles like PL-10.
It has an external payload of 2000kg and 300kg internal payload, its no longer for counter insurgency anymore with its multi mission payload (ECM, miniture drone, ASW,etc..)
thus, I believed it is not a priority for PAF at the moment.

Sincerely wishing things get better in Pakistan.

a8674e5bc1394d1280c07578318998b6.jpeg

Last edited:
I am waiting for one day to see a 1000 KM range version of Harbah. Plus, if we can manage to fire it from the VLS of Type 54 A it would be great. And if we can take range of Harbah which are used on our missile boats to 800 KM they can be really effective to hit land targets especially my beloved city Mumbai.

This is a completely different kind of beast, it is comparable with TB2

FpVGX5KXoAAWIX3

But we need to also experiment on designs similar to China's Wing Loong 3.

View attachment 917118

Look at that payload and it has 10,000KM range and can be equipped with A-A missiles like PL-10. True beast
I am pretty sure eventually this beast would also come. PAF has few dozen WING LONG II on order. I think their next order could be of this. Also if it has really good naval version than Navy may consider it also.

It has an external payload of 2000kg and 300kg internal payload, its no longer for counter insurgency anymore with its multi mission payload (ECM, miniture drone, ASW,etc..)
thus, I believed it is not a priority for PAF at the moment.

Sincerely wishing things get better in Pakistan.

View attachment 917131
It's a priority but China doesn't even has flown first flight of it so how you think we would go for it. First let China start inducting them and even before that start testing them only then PAF would be more interested.

It literally weighs 1000kg who would want to buy this when other nations have better options at their disposals.

Turkey being a recent successor.
We need to get Turkish ones I mean SOM J with TOT. That would give us some technology. They are way lighter and best suited for our JF-17

Last edited:
aby combat mai use karen tu baat hai na, TTP/BLA is slaughtering foot soldiers while we are happy we inducted another drone, we had armed drones for many years and yet we have no seen or hear anything about them been used, now some Fauji slaves will come and say we are using them, we don't talk about it or show it, this argument is nothing but a way to make the awam chu....

I am pretty sure eventually this beast would also come. PAF has few dozen WING LONG II on order. I think their next order could be of this. Also if it has really good naval version than Navy may consider it also.

It's a priority but China doesn't even has flown first flight of it so how you think we would go for it. First let China start inducting them and even before that start testing them only then PAF would be more interested.
I think Wing Loong 3 would be better for the navy

aby combat mai use karen tu baat hai na, TTP/BLA is slaughtering foot soldiers while we are happy we inducted another drone, we had armed drones for many years and yet we have no seen or hear anything about them been used, now some Fauji slaves will come and say we are using them, we don't talk about it or show it, this argument is nothing but a way to make the awam chu....
There is proof

And then this happened.

priority? why, you already have a bunches of drones, including large one like akanci.

Taimoor ALCM weighs 1000kg this shows that we are lacking in metallurgy.
Its specs are incredibly similar to this American missile

Same weight at 2500 lbs (1100kg)

And high sub-sonic speeds of 0.7 mach and terminal speed of 0.8 mach

although the American missile has autonomous targeting capabilities, not sure if Taimoor has this. Both have IIR seekers too.

No wonder pak university graduates are unemployable. Met 1 lad who was on top of hos class at LUMs. Guy didnt know basics of technology…. Must have been to busy playing dressup

On a lighter side. Great work on Shahpur 2B2 upgrades. I wish that going forward Pak has a policy of cutting defence imports the next few years and focusing on home grown industries. Especially considering the fact we are importing 100+ ucavs from china/turkey. We can use their tech to improve upon and expand our existing offerings today. We can manufacter 90% of our defence needs at home.

We have a defence budget of 10bn which we importantly need to spend within pakistan creating thousands if jobs, advanced industries, and technical know how. On top of that it will increase our national security. Whats better than that? We should try to avoid making Chinese/Turkish firms more profitable because they use those funds to invest in next generation weapon systems. We can invest in our domestic firms so they have enough funds to come up with the next great thing.

In the future I hope to see Shahpur 3s and 4s in the hundreds dominating our enemies skies.

Back
Top Bottom