What's new

Ghauri test likely tomorrow

It will verify the new guidance system installed by NDC which was previously done by KRL. NDC has a history of successful projects so a better accuracy is likely to be achieved some where between 10-30 CEP.

What will be new in this missile ?

nothing, because it wont be a new missile :pop:

it is the Gauri I. the test is just one of many that are carried out to check flight parameters and improve on accurancy.

regards!

It will verify the new guidance system installed by NDC which was previously done by KRL. NDC has a history of successful projects so a better accuracy is likely to be achieved some where between 10-30 CEP.

Considering the Shaheen has been making that grade since 99 its about time that they update the north korean design produced by KRL.

Considering the Shaheen has been making that grade since 99 its about time that they update the north korean design produced by KRL.

I am surprised that we are continuing production of the Ghauri series, given the presence of the solid fueled Shaheen series of equivalent range, and the overall flexibility and ease of use that solid fueled missiles provide.

Any speculation on why? Possibly related to potentially developing a SLV?

I am surprised that we are continuing production of the Ghauri series, given the presence of the solid fueled Shaheen series of equivalent range, and the overall flexibility and ease of use that solid fueled missiles provide.

Any speculation on why? Possibly related to potentially developing a SLV?

sir Liquid Fuel have its own advantages over solid fuel missiles like:

Liquid systems usually have the advantage of higher specific impulse (energy content).
Tankage efficienc
A liquid rocket engine (LRE) can be tested prior to use, whereas for a solid rocket motor a rigorous quality management must be applied during manufacturing to insure high reliability.

although these are minor in light of advantages that the Solid Fuel missiles offer but still i think there is no harm in keeping the liquid fuel arsenal alive.

it is good to keep both the technologies running parallel. :pakistan:
infact if you look a future pplanes, KRL and NDC are reported to be working on two ballistic missiles
Gauri III (liquid Fuel)
Shaheen III (Solid Fuel)

regards!

Guys there are people on pakdef.info saying at the end of batch production.One missile is tested routinely to test quality and make sure the production standard is good.

INteresting that Pakistani members are making comments from Indian side too ;)

I think its more of a routine test since this is a fairly stabalized line of product..

Best defence is offence, so make the comments urself so that there is nothing remaining for the other side :what:
Comon guys nobody was trolling why to bring up such comments for a normal launch :hitwall::angel:

Back
Top Bottom