What's new

Ghauri test likely tomorrow

sparklingway

Reaction score
Pakistan to test fire nuclear missile tomorrow
Monday, July 26, 2010
Hanif Khalid

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan will possibly test-fire nuclear missile tomorrow (Tuesday). Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani along with senior officials of the armed forces of Pakistan will witness the experimental flight of the missile, which carries warheads.

Civil and military personalities will reach the test fire range in north Punjab through helicopters to watch the test fire. After becoming the prime minister, Gilani will first time witness the Ghauri ballistic missile test fire.

Being Prime Minister, Gilani was made Chairman of National Command and Control Authority. Earlier, Asif Zardari was the chairman of the Authority as a president of the state. The missile, which will be test fired tomorrow, is capable to drop conventional and nuclear warheads up to the distance of 1050 kilometres. This is a liquid fuel missile. Prime Minister Gilani will address the civil and military personalities and scientists and engineers on the occasion.

Pakistan to test fire nuclear missile tomorrow

Gah! At first I thought it was an experimental flight for real. Reading rest of the report; 1050kms, liquid fueled, it's the same ol' Ghauri.

Is this Super sonic or sub sonic missile ? is thr solid fuel missiles with Pakistan ?

will it be ghauri 3 , if it is then i cant wait for this test :pakistan:

if you can ready the post, the one above yours, you can clearly see that it is not the Gauri III.
if the test do happens, it is experimental test of the Gauri I ballistic missile and that will be meant for study of flight parameters and other such technical analysis.
the range mentioned in the news article stats the missile to carry warhead to 1050Km taht is by no means the intended range of Gauri III.

regards!

will it be ghauri 3 , if it is then i cant wait for this test :pakistan:

It cant't be Ghauri 3 because looks like its range falls in Ghauri 1's range. I guess they are testing the arsenalz right now for durability and reliability or maybe some other parameterz as well ...:)
:pdf::pakistan:

Last edited:
148.gif

But why waste one number of an already proven "ready to use" missile for a "test" ? Don't they trust the North Koreans or it is just to check the shelf life sustenance? More for a sort of rattling sabre me thinks.

Missles continously undergo improvements and fine tuning. Once everthing has been verified by simulation, a test fire is commenced to prove it. I think this time, some improvements to guidance, stability control and propulsion have been done tho this is only speculation. Real data is classified. May be they are planning to use this for targetting some taliban hide outs. Sometimes i think what was the motive behind lal masjid show down beside bringing us international embarassment. We could have just sent some ghauri missles.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom