What's new

Getting ready for offensive against Taliban, Afghan General tells Indian media

Jul 06, 2021

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
The new commander of the Bagram airfield General Mir Asadullah Kohistani told WION that Americans left Bagram airbase on Friday morning without informing them.

General Mir Asadullah Kohistani, the new commander of the Bagram airfield has said that his forces are getting ready for an offensive against the Taliban even as the militants make rapid advances in the country.
Also Read: Consulates remain open in Kandahar, Mazar, says India

Speaking to our Principal Diplomatic Correspondent Sidhant Sibal, Asadullah spoke on Americans leaving Bagram without any information. He said, "We had done the initial plan and coordinated but on Friday morning, we heard that US troops had left Bagram. We were not aware about it."
Bagram airfield was the largest US military base in Afghanistan and a symbol of American presence in the country.

WION: What is the current situation at the Bagram airfield?
General Mir Asadullah Kohistani: Right now, the situation is completely normal. All our troops are deployed inside and outside. Our patrol is going on, we don't have any problem so far.
WION: Americans never informed you that they are leaving?
Gen. Mir Asadullah Kohistani: We had done the initial plan and coordinated with them regarding deployment and safety and security out of Bagram.
We completed it on Thursday night but on Friday morning we heard that US troops had left Bagram. We were not aware about it. I think this is because of the phased departure they did not inform us for their safety and took their own security measures.
They did not inform us but the main point was everyone understood that all the Afghan National Army units were secure and there is no threat from outside or inside in Bagram.
WION: Have you reached out to the Americans on reasons why they left like this?
General Mir Asadullah Kohistani: The last contact with them was on Thursday night at 7:30 pm and after that contact point was cut off we didn't have any contact with them.
WION: What is the current situation related to advances by the Taliban? Will Kabul fall?
General Mir Asadullah Kohistani: Everybody knows we are involved in four decades of war. We fully understand we will take back all the area which is economically and strategically important.
The Afghan Army is a responsible force and is getting ready for offensive operation and as soon as possible we will start our offensive operation to change the situation.

LoL they had a 23yr old kid as a General, he inherited the rank from his father, a despicable rogue scumbag who had a harem of teenage boys, I $hit you not.

I made a low comment about Afghans--my apologies to them. I think I should have said something like 'Afghanistan has more Generals than General Stores' .
But my comment was based on an observation by made the Pakistani journalist Ayaz Amir many years ago where he marveled at the number of Generals in Afghanistan in a mocking way.

But I believe your story!!

The Afghan Army is a responsible force

This made me laugh …. Clearly they are Indian trained in the art of delusion
Does the new offensive involve them running away?

They call it strategic depth … only indians are left to entertain these clowns
i told WION that Americans left Bagram airbase on Friday morning without informing them.

That is becos Americans had great faith in ANA 8-)

but communism is any day better over regressive theocracy.

Agree like Hinduism that is such a retarded a faith that ask you to drink urine, demand dowery, have caste system, no charity , worship a stone etc

thank God we had Islam in Muslim ruled india which civilized this land.

Imagine Hindu rule …. Like we see in India

I made a low comment about Afghans--my apologies to them. I think I should have said something like 'Afghanistan has more Generals than General Stores' .
But my comment was based on an observation by made the Pakistani journalist Ayaz Amir many years ago where he marveled at the number of Generals in Afghanistan in a mocking way.

There was a chronic plague of bacha baazi in the afghan army and security forces, and the US army and NATO were told to turn a blind eye.

I remember watching a documentary where a US Major remembered hearing a young boy scream while he was being assaulted and the guy had young kids, could not take it and smashed the so called afghan "general" to bits.

The Afghans wanted the major court martialed, but their was so much anger in the ranks that they had to back off, the guy left the military soon after in disgust.

indian army ready to train afghan army first stage of training = drink urine, second stage rub tatty all over body, third stage roll over dead and claim victory, stage 4. scream tea is fantastic.

stage 5 = reward yourself with trophy and medals.

generals afghan is giving order for bacha bazi operation tonight at the back of the barraks. be prepared with vaseline, some plastic bags since condom is expensive, sleeping tablets, naswar and strong opium chars. Also indian bollywood movie if you are not lucky to get bacha bazi as alternative or you can have picture of modi 56inch breast to beat to.

generals afghan is giving order for bacha bazi operation tonight at the back of the barraks. be prepared with vaseline, some plastic bags since condom is expensive, sleeping tablets, naswar and strong opium chars. Also indian bollywood movie if you are not lucky to get bacha bazi as alternative or you can have picture of modi 56inch breast to beat to.

Last edited:

Afghan women carry guns in streets, protest Taliban as country struggles
By Peter Aitken, Fox News
July 9, 2021 | 1:13pm | Updated

Enlarge Image

Afghan women cadets handle an AK-47 rifle during a training program at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai on February 18, 2021.

Afghan women cadets handle an AK-47 rifle during a training program at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai on February 18, 2021.Arun Sankar/AFP via Getty Images

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY:

Women have taken up arms in heavily-contested regions of Afghanistan as the Taliban continues to make nationwide gains during the US military’s withdrawal.
The US continued its drawdown of troops, keeping to President Biden’s promised deadline, which aims for a full withdrawal by Sept. 11 – a date he said Thursday would now be Aug. 31. However, Afghanistan has already struggled to stand on its own.
Government forces have already withdrawn from seven districts, focusing troops and resources around holding the capital province of Badakhshan.
In response, hundreds of women have taken to the streets carrying guns and protesting the Taliban, The Guardian reported.
“There were some women who just wanted to inspire security forces, just symbolic, but many more were ready to go to the battlefields,” said Halima Parastish, head of the women’s directorate in Ghor. “That includes myself.”
“I and some other women told the governor around a month ago that we’re ready to go and fight,” Parastish said.
The Taliban have already introduced severe restrictions against women’s rights in areas they control, including education, freedom of movement and attire, activists and residents claim.
Women have joined the country’s security forces over the past two decades, including training as helicopters pilots, though they face similar discrimination that exists in other countries preventing women from serving on the frontlines.
Abdulzahir Faizzada, the Ghor provincial governor, told The Guardian that some of the women protesting the Taliban have already engaged them in battle and endured violence at their hands.
“The majority of these women were those who had recently escaped from Taliban areas,” Faizzada said. “They have already been through war in their villages, they lost their sons and brothers, they are angry.”
Faizzada supports efforts to train women lacking experience with weapons, but only if the government in Kabul approved it.
Former President George W. Bush warned in April that the decision to withdraw troops from the country would provide opportunities to the Taliban that he hoped the US would not come to regret.
“My first reaction was, wow, these girls are going to have real trouble with the Taliban,” Bush said. “A lot of gains have been made and so I’m deeply concerned about the plight of women and girls in that country.”
He added: “I think the administration hopes that the girls are going be OK through diplomacy. We’ll find out. All I know is the Taliban, when they had the run of the place, they were brutal.”
Former President Donald Trump initiated a plan to withdraw US troops from the country, intending to complete the withdrawal of all regular troops by May 2021. President Biden changed that timeline when he took office.
The decision has drawn bipartisan criticism, with proponents saying the withdrawal will only increase the problems within the country. Former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai claimed that extremism is at its “highest point” ahead of the planned drawdown of US forces from his country and that the US had failed to live up to its promises.

Afghan women carry guns in streets, protest Taliban as country struggles
By Peter Aitken, Fox News
July 9, 2021 | 1:13pm | Updated
Enlarge Image

Afghan women cadets handle an AK-47 rifle during a training program at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai on February 18, 2021.

Afghan women cadets handle an AK-47 rifle during a training program at the Officers Training Academy in Chennai on February 18, 2021.Arun Sankar/AFP via Getty Images

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED BY:

Women have taken up arms in heavily-contested regions of Afghanistan as the Taliban continues to make nationwide gains during the US military’s withdrawal.
The US continued its drawdown of troops, keeping to President Biden’s promised deadline, which aims for a full withdrawal by Sept. 11 – a date he said Thursday would now be Aug. 31. However, Afghanistan has already struggled to stand on its own.
Government forces have already withdrawn from seven districts, focusing troops and resources around holding the capital province of Badakhshan.
In response, hundreds of women have taken to the streets carrying guns and protesting the Taliban, The Guardian reported.
“There were some women who just wanted to inspire security forces, just symbolic, but many more were ready to go to the battlefields,” said Halima Parastish, head of the women’s directorate in Ghor. “That includes myself.”
“I and some other women told the governor around a month ago that we’re ready to go and fight,” Parastish said.
The Taliban have already introduced severe restrictions against women’s rights in areas they control, including education, freedom of movement and attire, activists and residents claim.
Women have joined the country’s security forces over the past two decades, including training as helicopters pilots, though they face similar discrimination that exists in other countries preventing women from serving on the frontlines.
Abdulzahir Faizzada, the Ghor provincial governor, told The Guardian that some of the women protesting the Taliban have already engaged them in battle and endured violence at their hands.
“The majority of these women were those who had recently escaped from Taliban areas,” Faizzada said. “They have already been through war in their villages, they lost their sons and brothers, they are angry.”
Faizzada supports efforts to train women lacking experience with weapons, but only if the government in Kabul approved it.
Former President George W. Bush warned in April that the decision to withdraw troops from the country would provide opportunities to the Taliban that he hoped the US would not come to regret.
“My first reaction was, wow, these girls are going to have real trouble with the Taliban,” Bush said. “A lot of gains have been made and so I’m deeply concerned about the plight of women and girls in that country.”
He added: “I think the administration hopes that the girls are going be OK through diplomacy. We’ll find out. All I know is the Taliban, when they had the run of the place, they were brutal.”
Former President Donald Trump initiated a plan to withdraw US troops from the country, intending to complete the withdrawal of all regular troops by May 2021. President Biden changed that timeline when he took office.
The decision has drawn bipartisan criticism, with proponents saying the withdrawal will only increase the problems within the country. Former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai claimed that extremism is at its “highest point” ahead of the planned drawdown of US forces from his country and that the US had failed to live up to its promises.
When you start arming women and old men......things have got to be bad.

When you start arming women and old men......things have got to be bad.
The young men aren't stupid , they have run off for the borders leaving their women and old men to do the fighting.

india should step up and provide soldiers since we are told its a super powa.......

Back
Top Bottom