What's new

Germany's circumcision ban 'worst attack on Jews'

Why only the Jews ??Is it not an attack on the Muslims as well!!??:unsure:

Because if its Muslims its fair game but if its the Jews - mention the word 'anti-Semitism' and all will have a hissy fit !

Because if its Muslims its fair game but if its the Jews - mention the word 'anti-Semitism' and all will have a hissy fit !

That's what I meant to imply.

No Western government would dare mess with Jewish interests and religious sentiments. They are politically very powerful. Too freakin' powerful.

And this in Germany!? Brah...

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3182980 said:
this is another holocaust on jews

Abaaai yaaar tou nei subhaa koi 'Nihari Shiyaari', koi 'Halwa Purri' wagheera ka program banayaa hovaaa hai ?

That's what I meant to imply.

No Western government would dare mess with Jewish interests and religious sentiments. They are politically very powerful. Too freakin' powerful.

And this in Germany!? Brah...

The way I see it - I despise Israel for a lot of things but I can't help but admire how well they've played their cards !

why would they ban it????

It's a question of bodily autonomy. A German court ruled that circumcision for non-medical reasons is bodily harm. Obviously an infant or a young child can't give consent to such an intrusion.
The judge stated that circumcision goes against the fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity that outweighed the fundamental rights of the parents, giving the fact that circumcision is irreversible and permanent. Moreover, it was argued that circumcision curtailed the freedom of religion and went against a child's right to choose his belief (now and later on).

In principle I agree with the courts ruling, but one has to be pragmatic to a certain extent. A ban on circumcision will surely mean that the practice will go underground, and without a proper and qualified medical supervision things might get more ugly, increasing the risk of complications. And therefore do more harm than good, even with the best intentions.

How can it be banned? Is it done in public or in the privacy of home? How can the Germans keep check on it?

Usually Doctors do it..thats how it is here in Pakistan, at least in the cities ! I'm sure the Germans are even more mindful of that.

How can it be banned? Is it done in public or in the privacy of home? How can the Germans keep check on it?

It's done in hospital and private clinics normally. If the ban is enacted (the chance of being very slim), a surgeon is prohibited to perform the circumcision, and criminal punishable if he did.

It's done in hospital and private clinics normally. If the ban is enacted (the chance of being very slim), a surgeon is prohibited to perform the circumcision, and criminal punishable if he did.

Why would anybody ban it? It has religious value in Jews and Muslims and some Christian sects. What purpose it serves to the Germans banning it?

Back
Top Bottom