What's new

General (retd) Hameed Gul: “Afghanistan and Pakistan are two faces of one soul”

Bhaijaan, agar aap bura nah manain to main pooch sakta hoiun kay aap kay kitnay Afghan doost hain?

Mayri to door ki rishtaydari bhi hay

Mazaq kay ilava -- kabhi aap ka wasta para hay?

One more thing -- I was just quoting Mulaah Zaeef -- if you don't believe me you can find his quote on the web -- it is from his book -- My Life With the Taliban -- Umeed hay kay Aap likhat parath kay zooq rakhtay hon gay

Bro, from where I belong Afghans come to purchase bread to take home. So it is not that you have distant relative or close one to judge the relations between Pakistani and am Afghan. In one of the interview of Gen. (R) Hameed Gul pointed out that "When ever people of Hindustan faced injustice Muslims came for their protection be it from Muhammad Bin Qasim or the Afghans. So if today the Afghans need our help why are we asking question? Did they ask? ...NO"

Muhammad bin Qasim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahmud of Ghazni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan always had bad intention to occupy Afghanistan....and India spoiled it

The General is right. Therefore the Af-Pak bracket and the consequent de-hyphenation of Pakistan from India were necessary. Pakistan needs more people like Hameed Gul.

Last edited:
Afghanistan and Pakistan are two faces of one soul?? :woot: :rofl: This Gul guy needs to go ask the Afghans that!! :partay: I love these cliches that come out regularly from Pakistan.
There was another recently who said that 'Kashmir is Pakistan's jugular vein'!! :omghaha:

Souls, veins, body parts - biology and esoteric science! Then there's geography and culinary delights too - deeper than the deepest oceans, higher than the mountains, stronger than steel and sweeter than the sweetest honey etc etc....:sarcastic:

WTF is going on?? :cheesy:

Oh well, General, you even left no stone unturned to make both countries, one and same in literal sense, both during and after Afghan war. But fortunately, we were blessed with rational leadership after the attacks on twin towers, otherwise we would have been seeing the 'poetic stadium justice' served in Pakistan and rule of 'God's viceroys'. After all, why would anyone need an enemy with friends like you?

dude just think about it :D ;)

Elaborate here. What exactly would be so great about the union of Pakistan and Afghanistan, according to you? Will it be the fulfillment of some great religious dream? Return of the Ummah?

P.S Are you even aware of the past history between two countries and the way the Afghan refugees have destroyed this country since their arrival?

Bro, from where I belong Afghans come to purchase bread to take home. So it is not that you have distant relative or close one to judge the relations between Pakistani and am Afghan. In one of the interview of Gen. (R) Hameed Gul pointed out that "When ever people of Hindustan faced injustice Muslims came for their protection be it from Muhammad Bin Qasim or the Afghans. So if today the Afghans need our help why are we asking question? Did they ask? ...NO"

Muhammad bin Qasim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahmud of Ghazni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bhaijan, if you study history Afghan invaders were often as brutal to Muslims of what is now Pakistan and what is now India.

If you read some of the accounts -- they Sayed and Ashraaf Quarters used to be spared -- people like my forefathers fared poorly.

Actually, I think if read older Punjabi hyms, you will see that Afghans were brutal to the common Muslims.

If you read the Kashmiri dewan Bagh-e Sulaiman it talk about the cruelty of the Afghans.

On Internet forums or commentary sections the Afghans often tout that we Pakistanis are the "ba$tard" children of their glorious forefathers or more politely: "it is we Afghans who made Pakistanis Muslim" (hint hint).

Sadly what General Gul Sab says is fiction -- I encourage you to read authentic sources or look up scholarly works on the subject.

Mullah Zaeef's quote is just one example -- Pakistanis have no idea what Afghans think of them.

Here is a simple test -- Ask the Afghans on this forum of what they think of General Gul Sab -- I challenge you if you will find a single supporter.

One can hide their head in the sand -- but reality unfortunately is a bitch.

Last edited:
please include india too and if you are asking about name ,that will be a greater pakistan or Milat-E-Islamia Pakistan:enjoy::pakistan:

anyways i'm agree with genral hameed gul to some extent!!
and ofcourse india and america will try to sabotage pak afghan relationaships , otherwise they cant achieve their goals after NATO withraw
If Pakistan is OKie with Afghanistan then both can be Pakistan.

--
Dear .. if you know geo politcs its dream which cant be fultil like kashmir for 1000 yr

--
but let me give you postive point too..
you guys as per your claim defeated Russia and USA.. so afganistan is just peice of cake

you cant defeat what is yours!

Oh well, General, you even left no stone unturned to make both countries, one and same in literal sense, both during and after Afghan war. But fortunately, we were blessed with rational leadership after the attacks on twin towers, otherwise we would have been seeing the 'poetic stadium justice' served in Pakistan and rule of 'God's viceroys'. After all, why would anyone need an enemy with friends like you?

Elaborate here. What exactly would be so great about the union of Pakistan and Afghanistan, according to you? Will it be the fulfillment of some great religious dream? Return of the Ummah?

P.S Are you even aware of the past history between two countries and the way the Afghan refugees have destroyed this country since their arrival?
I am dreaming about the unificataion of ummah.

Bhaijan, if you study history Afghan invaders were often as brutal to Muslims of what is now Pakistan and what is now India.

If you read some of the accounts -- they Sayed and Ashraaf Quarters used to be spared -- people like my forefathers fared poorly.

Actually, I think if read older Punjabi hyms, you will see that Afghans were brutal to the common Muslims.

If you read the Kashmiri dewan Bagh-e Sulaiman it talk about the cruelty of the Afghans.

On Internet forums or commentary sections the Afghans often tout that we Pakistanis are the "ba$tard" children of their glorious forefathers or more politely: "it is we Afghans who made Pakistanis Muslim" (hint hint).

Sadly what General Gul Sab says is fiction -- I encourage you to read authentic sources or look up scholarly works on the subject.

Mullah Zaeef's quote is just one example -- Pakistanis have no idea what Afghans think of them.

One can hide their head in the sad -- but realty unfortunately is a bitch.

I think in last 20 years we made them more muslim than they were before

Colonel Imam was martyred by Hakeemullah Mehsud under the Indian pressure.

Of course, what goes in your favor is God's blessing, the other a conspiracy of the West or India Lol The same person has never publicly denounced the Taliban, despite all the terrorism in the country.
Afghans are not our Friends because they are our Brothers....:woot:

Indeed, the delusion of the Muslim brotherhood is alive and kicking in the general Pakistani psyche. A prime cause of the current situation, you find yourself in and a prime reason, why the situation in this country wont return to normal, for a long period of time. The same brothers have been found involved in (literally) all sorts of anti social and anti state activities in this country. But no doubt, it doesn't bother the most because they are seen as Muslims and hence these little things like guns, drugs and women trade, provision of information and other resources to terrorists and involvement in many of the terrorist acts are seen as petty things and pardonable by the people who are termed with the most offensive of names, on the other side of the Khyber Pass. Come back to reality, the world isn't run on your fantasies.

P.S. The quote you just did so childishly dismiss and replied with little brownie points, is an actual one from the Taliban ambassador to Pakistan. It gives an insight into what Afghan population thinks about this country and its people, since the Taliban are/were considered as friends of this country. If this is what your friends think, imagine what would an enemy say and do.

I think in last 20 years we made them more muslim than they were before

Honestly, I understand where we Pakistanis come from.

Afghans and Pakistanis should be brothers -- but the reality is very different.

I am dreaming about the unificataion of ummah.

Keep dreaming then, I am sorry to have tried to wake you up. Return where the fairies are singing and the unicorns are dancing. Until then, its not your Arab brothers in the Middle East awarding citizenship to your countrymen, providing them with rights or allowing them to run for offices in their country, but the same infidel West. The reality on the God's blue earth is most different.

Back
Top Bottom