What's new

General (retd) Hameed Gul: “Afghanistan and Pakistan are two faces of one soul”

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gernal sab -- braya mehrabanee aap bhi Durand line kay doosari taraf tashreef lay jaa-`iya.

Interview on The News here, excerpts below:

TNS: Do you think the military establishment and civilian government are on the same page on Afghanistan?

HG: I would only say (without elaborating) that one out of two Sharifs (Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chief of Army Staff, Raheel Sharif) has succeeded.

TNS: Why does Indian presence in Afghanistan bother Pakistan?

HG: Indians have been supporting the Afghan intelligence agency. They have been able to create problems for Pakistan in Balochistan while sitting in Afghanistan. Colonel Imam was martyred by Hakeemullah Mehsud under the Indian pressure. India’s increasing influence in Afghanistan was very unnatural and against the history of the region. India needs to understand that its space in Afghanistan has already shrunk. Narendra Modi is getting aggressive because he knows that he has been losing space in Afghanistan. This shows his frustration.

Gernal sab -- braya mehrabanee aap bhi Durand line kay doosari taraf tashreef lay jaa-`iya.

Interview on The News here, excerpts below:

TNS: Do you think the military establishment and civilian government are on the same page on Afghanistan?

HG: I would only say (without elaborating) that one out of two Sharifs (Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Chief of Army Staff, Raheel Sharif) has succeeded.

TNS: Why does Indian presence in Afghanistan bother Pakistan?

HG: Indians have been supporting the Afghan intelligence agency. They have been able to create problems for Pakistan in Balochistan while sitting in Afghanistan. Colonel Imam was martyred by Hakeemullah Mehsud under the Indian pressure. India’s increasing influence in Afghanistan was very unnatural and against the history of the region. India needs to understand that its space in Afghanistan has already shrunk. Narendra Modi is getting aggressive because he knows that he has been losing space in Afghanistan. This shows his frustration.

Is he wants to unite Afghanistan with Pakistan to make a single country named as Pakistan?

dude just think about it :D ;)
--
Dear .. if you know geo politcs its dream which cant be fultil like kashmir for 1000 yr

--
Dear .. if you know geo politcs its dream which cant be fultil like kashmir for 1000 yr
--
but let me give you postive point too..
you guys as per your claim defeated Russia and USA.. so afganistan is just peice of cake

Is he wants to unite Afghanistan with Pakistan to make a single country named as Pakistan?

I do not know anything about military matters but to a layman like me at least General Sab sounds like a certifiable lunatic.

One wonders how he rose to the rank of a General and became an instructor at the General Staff College.

It is fortunate that he no longer serves -- dangerous man.

I would think it is self evident that the safety of a state lies in its kindergartens, universities, research institutes, hospitals, normal relations with its neighbors.

Ghustakhi maaf -- but he talks about the "Media society" -- I mean seriously?

Further, the Jalabad operation he planned was total failure.

There is some solace that the current General Staff seems to understand that all our invasions have come from the West and that Pakistan's prosperity lies in the normalization of relations with India and the West.

I mean really, what good has come out of Afghanistan for Pakistan -- in India at least our athletes get standing ovations -- Afghans who like in Karachi (not KPK) cheer India when Pakistanis and Indians play.

Last edited:
--

--
but let me give you postive point too..
you guys as per your claim defeated Russia and USA.. so afganistan is just peice of cake
why it is not possible? ISI can do anything.

General Sab's two faces of one soul comment reminds me what Mullah Zaeef (The Taliban's Ambassador to Pakistan had to say):

"Pakistanis can get milk even from a bull. They have two tongues in one mouth, and two faces on one head so they can speak everybody’s language; they use everybody, deceive everybody. They deceive the Arabs by using the name of Islam, they milk America in war against terrorism and they have been deceiving Pakistanis in the name of Kashmiris, but behind the curtain they have been betraying everyone”

These are the words of the other face [and supposedly General Sab's children] about us -- General sab: Shukria.

Afghans are no friends of Pakistanis

Back
Top Bottom