What's new

Gen.(retd) Shahid Aziz - the new 'darling' of the media

He was not following any wrong orders; he is only explaining that Musharraf the god made decision without taking his Corp Commanders into confidence. Obviously he was not asked to let the Americans take over Shamsi. He would have followed wrong decision if he was a base commander of Shamsi Base or if he was someone who had anything to do with the Shamsi base etc. He did resign and showed his character when Musharraf the god asked him not to follow up the cases against BB. So there is no issue with this guy, he seems like an upright and honest officer.
Well he sure was honest and upright, that i had already said. i can vouch for him as i have met him a few times and kinda worked with him also.

Again, it is not necessary that he had to be the Base Commander or something, but when a Corps Commander Conference is held and you are asked for suggestion and your suggestion are not listened too and you (most of you) know that it would be a wrong decision on the part of the leader and in the larger interest of the institution and the country then it bloody well your duty to counter it.

He was not a Lt or Capt that he just would follow the orders!! He was sitting a decision-making pedestal and had the worth that would have mattered, but if i am not using it, sir i am absolutely at fault!!

Once Gen Fredrick was ordering a punishment for one of his Colonels in his military because he had executed a wrong order that was given to him by his senior. Fredrick accused and found the Colonel guilty as he said that 'i have not made you a Colonel in my Army so that you can just execute all the orders that are given to you, but you are a Colonel so that you can sift and see for yourself what all orders should be executed and what should not! That's what you are paid for otherwise, if i just had to get an order executed can be done by a Sergeant also!!

We have a very very very simple rule in the Army:

Lead, Follow or Get out of the fcuking Way!!

The General chose the second one :)!!

Once there was a report about four SSG folks who were abducted and later killed by the TTP. There was news that those folks killed ten TTP guys before embracing shahdat, and I asked in that thread about the proof. None of you (who are thanking posts after posts on this media-bashing franzy) ever come forward and tried to demarcate between "Investigative Journalism" and "A publicity stunt" or did you? Who knows if they managed to kill even one of their captives or they lost their lives helplessly? What would you say about that hypothetical killing of the ten TTP folks in the hands of four SSGs? At that time media was all right and doing great job right?

Lets take the latest incidence of the TTPs alleged ‘Jannat’; the field commanders and Mr. Malik are claiming that the compound was the alleged ‘jannat’. Fine, have you guys seen the video posted in the related thread? From which angle that compound looks like a ‘jannat’? Painting few sceneries on the walls made it ‘Jannat’? Where are the streams of milk and honey that were reported in the media who simply reproduced what they were told by the field commanders and Mr. Malik? Only a mentally retard can believe that the compound was Jannat. Now where is your "Investigative Journalism" versus "A publicity stunt"? Everything is fine if it suits your purpose but if it does not, all of a sudden it becomes a case of publicity stunt?
Lozz...now you are losing it!!

i thought that media always have been the retarded kid, but you think otherwise!!

May God help you!

Well he sure was honest and upright, that i had already said. i can vouch for him as i have met him a few times and kinda worked with him also.

Again, it is not necessary that he had to be the Base Commander or something, but when a Corps Commander Conference is held and you are asked for suggestion and your suggestion are not listened too and you (most of you) know that it would be a wrong decision on the part of the leader and in the larger interest of the institution and the country then it bloody well your duty to counter it.

He was not a Lt or Capt that he just would follow the orders!! He was sitting a decision-making pedestal and had the worth that would have mattered, but if i am not using it, sir i am absolutely at fault!!

Once Gen Fredrick was ordering a punishment for one of his Colonels in his military because he had executed a wrong order that was given to him by his senior. Fredrick accused and found the Colonel guilty as he said that 'i have not made you a Colonel in my Army so that you can just execute all the orders that are given to you, but you are a Colonel so that you can sift and see for yourself what all orders should be executed and what should not! That's what you are paid for otherwise, if i just had to get an order executed can be done by a Sergeant also!!

We have a very very very simple rule in the Army:

Lead, Follow or Get out of the fcuking Way!!

The General chose the second one :)!!
If that is all true, than you are only exposing the prevalence of moral poverty among the Pakistani Generals. And that is not for the first time, wars of 1965 and 1971 are all witness to this fact. Not every General is like Lt. General Sahabzada Yaqoob Khan.

Lozz...now you are losing it!!

i thought that media always have been the retarded kid, but you think otherwise!!

May God help you!
Every retard thinks the same about everyone else.

If that is all true, than you are only exposing the prevalence of moral poverty among the Pakistani Generals. And that is not for the first time, wars of 1965 and 1971 are all witness to this fact. Not every General is like Lt. General Sahabzada Yaqoob Khan.
You are guud and quick at extrapolating, dont do it, it would hurt!

i would suggest you stop generalizing every other situation against the military.

Black sheep are everywhere and the military is no exception, but fortunately they are in less numbers when we compare them with their counterparts, both in the civilian bureaucracy and business community!!
Every retard thinks the same about everyone else.

So now you are going to gear up the dirty tactics of name calling?

Like as said you are losing, i should have rather said that you have already lost it!

i never said you anything, did i?

You are guud and quick at extrapolating, dont do it, it would hurt!

i would suggest you stop generalizing every other situation against the military.

Black sheep are everywhere and the military is no exception, but fortunately they are in less numbers when we compare them with their counterparts, both in the civilian bureaucracy and business community!!
Interestingly, it is me who is defending an honest General, and it is you who is putting a question mark on his integrity and in favor of whom? a Dictator.

So now you are going to gear up the dirty tactics of name calling?

Like as said you are losing, i should have rather said that you have already lost it!

i never said you anything, did i?
Name calling is your department, I only reciprocate. It was you who said media is retard not me. Regarding loosing and winning, several of the points I raised in my previous posts are still waiting to be addressed by you. Besides, neither I nor you could decide who is winning or loosing, it is member who will be the judge.

Interestingly, it is me who is defending an honest General, and it is you who is putting a question mark on his integrity and in favor of whom? a Dictator.

If you had read my post carefully that i never countered Gen Aziz, nor did i favored the 'dictator'.

i have been arguing over a single point and that is: if you see something wrong, you take the appropriate steps/actions (as per your standing and worth) to stop it.

If you cant understand this simple rule, i feel sorry for you.

Name calling is your department, I only reciprocate. It was you who said media is retard not me. Regarding loosing and winning, several of the points I raised in my previous posts are still waiting to be addressed by you. Besides, neither I nor you could decide who is winning or loosing, it is member who will be the judge.

i call the media a retard and you reciprocate it to ME, isnt that lovely?

And i am not bound to address all of your posts, but anywaz, i'll love to burry them if you can do the honor of copy/pasting them once more!

And what's with the winning and losing thing? Are we playing a game here?

If you had read my post carefully that i never countered Gen Aziz, nor did i favored the 'dictator'.

i have been arguing over a single point and that is: if you see something wrong, you take the appropriate steps/actions (as per your standing and worth) to stop it.

If you cant understand this simple rule, i feel sorry for you.
In a Corp Commander’s Conference, Musharraf wanted to have an ‘opinion’ of his Corp Commanders regarding letting the Americans use one of the air-field. Some agreed, and others did not. After hearing that, he informed his Corp Commanders that he has already allowed the Americans to use the air-field.

So, Musharraf had already made the decision before the conference (though not surprising for a Dictator). Why did he ask his Corp Commanders than?

Could it be because he wanted to probe his Generals who were with him unconditionally (something he learnt from Bush “my way or highway") and who were not so he could let them go when the appropriate time comes (as he did with the Corp Commander Karachi and other)?

Let’s say some of the Generals did not agree, but should they resort to an extreme action like resignation? Especially when those Generals had nothing to do with the Shamsi air-field. Additionally, what I understand from his interview is, a majority of the Corp Commanders did not appose the idea at least openly. So facing all the odds, why he should have resigned? And what good could have come out from his resignation? It was a different case if a Corp Commander was informed that Americans must be allowed to take the command of his Corp and that he had to obey an American General.

In a Corp Commander’s Conference, Musharraf wanted to have an ‘opinion’ of his Corp Commanders regarding letting the Americans use one of the air-field. Some agreed, and others did not. After hearing that, he informed his Corp Commanders that he has already allowed the Americans to use the air-field.

So, Musharraf had already made the decision before the conference (though not surprising for a Dictator). Why did he ask his Corp Commanders than?

Could it be because he wanted to probe his Generals who were with him unconditionally (something he learnt from Bush “my way or highway") and who were not so he could let them go when the appropriate time comes (as he did with the Corp Commander Karachi and other)?

Let’s say some of the Generals did not agree, but should they resort to an extreme action like resignation? Especially when those Generals had nothing to do with the Shamsi air-field. Additionally, what I understand from his interview is, a majority of the Corp Commanders did not appose the idea at least openly. So facing all the odds, why he should have resigned? And what good could have come out from his resignation? It was a different case if a Corp Commander was informed that Americans must be allowed to take the command of his Corp and that he had to obey an American General.

So you succeeded in changing the topic, right? Guud for you.

As for your absurd claim that Musharraf might have asked the CCs to 'check' them then i must inform you that Gen Aziz was made DG NAB by the same Musharraf! Had he been on the left side of Musharraf why would he had made him head NAB (as Gen Aziz says that he opposed the idea of letting bases to the americans)??

Buddy you know nothing of the Army! Try to understand the basic point. Generals are NOT laymen, they have to be kept in picture or they are of no use!

Gen Aziz knew that Musharraf was ordering around the bases without following the 'procedures', he also knew that they are of no use him and he also knew that he being the CGS was being kept unaware of certain issues, well that be the case then he should have left!!

If i am an adjutant in some unit and my CO dont tells me his policy decisions, dude i am (or for that matter anybody) is going to raise voice! What to talk about the relations between a COAS and a CGS!!!

It's like someone's father want to remarry and he doesnt tell about it to his children or putting it formally, our President decides something vital and the PM is no informed, well what do you think the PM should do? Sit like a duck?

What if your boss takes a huge decision with the consent of any of the Directors??

This is what i call being accomplice!! Accomplice in 'crime'!

If you keep your beak tight at the right time, you are part and parcel of the deed!!

There is no fun in shouting up when the damage has been done, it would just show how weal you were!

shahid aziz and one or two before are just the beganing there are many more to come

This is what i call being accomplice!! Accomplice in 'crime'!
All right, I was trying my best to keep the misdeeds of Musharraf to him, but thanks to his ‘peti band bhai’, he has dragged the entire Army leadership into this. In the process, the able ‘peti band bhai’ has also admitted that Musharraf did do things without following the 'procedures' and contrary to his (Musharraf’s) previous claims that the entire Military leadership was onboard on making all the decisions, actually it was not.

Whether the Generals were laymen or they we in or out of the picture, I don’t really care. If I simply go with what General Shahid Aziz is saying, it is clear that he and other CCs were not on board, Musharraf was making decisions (or rather taking directions from Bush) and after making those decisions, was only informing (and sometimes not at all) his CCs. Not one of the CCs ever resigned even though Mr. Xeric thinks that they should have if they did not agree. If resigning is the only criteria expressing your disagreement in Army, than it seems all the CCs were fully on board without even knowing the situation (as they were never briefed) or even care whether they should be taken into confidence about it or not. It appears that the CCs surrounding Musharraf had only the prefix of ‘Generals’ before their names name, in reality they were his orderlies who’s sole job was to say ‘Yes Sir’.

It's like someone's father want to remarry and he doesn’t tell about it to his children
I love this analogy Xeric. You are right, but my dear there is a small problem here, the Dad was not getting ‘married’, he was just ‘sleeping’ with some one else ‘extramaritally’. We Pakistanis have not yet become so modern where Dads take their kids into confidence about their affairs ‘haramzadgis’.

I think Gen. Shahid knew about the probe against him so he decides to become darling of our media and the GoP.

Now this news clears a lot of things.

Probe against Gen Shahid Aziz begins

Investigation into alleged misuse of powers by the former chairman of the NAB Let Gen (retd) Shahid Aziz have been started. According to sources, Shahid Aziz had allotted quota of LPG for himself, while his son-in-law purchased a few plots from three housing societies for a few lakhs and sold it for millions...

Allvoices.com - Probe against Gen Shahid Aziz begins

Hi,

Instead of harping about why did Musharraf cowed out to the u s threat---people need to move ahead---it is as silly and stupid as it can get--the agreement was made---the issue discussed here should be, why we didnot not milk them in the right kind of way---why are we stuck in the muck of why did Musharraf agreed to the u s.

There is a limit to foolishness---Musharraf did what any other elected president or prime minister would do---right in front of our faces we have Zatdari etc doing the same---pakistanis have a habbit of talking big---talk about after the fact.

Intelligent people and an intelligent nation would have minted gold---pakistan was given a CHICKEN--- instead of making and enjoying CHICKEN SOUP---pakistanis ended up making chicken sh-it out of it. Now all of us are slipping, and sliding and falling in the muck----and you know what---we seem to be right in our environment.

There is a limit to foolishness---Musharraf did what any other elected president or prime minister would do---right in front of our faces we have Zatdari etc doing the same---pakistanis have a habbit of talking big---talk about after the fact.
There must be a limit to foolishness, that is what we are discussing here. Musharraf did what a power hungry dictator does to prolong his rule, and Zardari is his sequel who came into power with the full support of Musharraf’s American masters and his NRO. So neither Musharraf nor Zardari can be compared with a democratically elected president or prime minister. Need to know how the democratically elected Prime Ministers behave? See Bhutto, it was him who brought home 90,000 plus Pakistanis without selling his country’s national interests. It was him who brought AQ Khan and if today we are not openly attacked by our enemies, the credit goes to Bhutto’s wisdom. See Nawaz, who refused to bow down in front of American pressure and went on with nuclear test; initiated peace talks with India tough he had to pay a hefty price for his deeds. No Sir, comparing Musharraf and his sequel Zardari with democratically elected PMs would be an insult of those who gave Pakistan something if not a lot.

Q,

Please--you are an educated and an intelligent man---please don't compare Nawaz not bowing in front of americans regarding nuc tests---has nothing in common between the two issues---you can go tell it to some illeterate idiot in the village, but not here please.

Most of our nuc program was due to the blessings offered by the u s of a---they had looked the other way as we developed our program.

Please stop this crap of democratically elected or not democratically elected---pakistanis brag about democratically elected and snub non democratically elected---

Let me ask all of you---if your two years old son was seriouly ill---and there were no legally available antibiotics available---the only thing that you could lay your hand on was smuggeld---suppose smuggling was the worst possible crime in the country that you lived in---I am pretty sure, all of you would find a way for the shot for your child.

Just because the president is not demcratically elected does not mean that the nation must automatically go enroute of civil disobedience. Regardless of legal or illegal---pakistan had the oppurtunity of making something out of nothing---that is of utmost importance. There is a time and place for everything.

Secondly, the current president of pakistan r Zardari is illegal. Amin Fahimn was the chairperson of the pppp---he had the righful position to make the decision.

You bring Bhutto into this fray---the man responcible for the 71 scenario---to be the premier he split pakistan into two parts---the first civilian admin of martial law---and your hero Nawaz---would get on his knees in front of I K Gujral---please help me---my army is doing this---they are not in my control---oh I forgot---Bhutto---killer of the baluchis in 73---that Bhutto you are talking about.

You didn't see Clinton's interview in 1999 on Larry King---I doubt it---Clinton stated that Nawaz sat in front of him---very apologetic and head bowed down---and shook his head in agreement at every issue that Clinton brought up.

Q---when Musharraf came up with the martial law---one of the able CM of pakistan came to my brother's house and asked him to let his female family members stay with him---because he was afraid that the millitary was coming to kill him---you can make a wild guess as to who the CM was---.

Q, I understand your nationalistic zeal and fervour---but there is more to the scenery than what meets the eye.

He was not following any wrong orders; he is only explaining that Musharraf the god made decision without taking his Corp Commanders into confidence. Obviously he was not asked to let the Americans take over Shamsi. He would have followed wrong decision if he was a base commander of Shamsi Base or if he was someone who had anything to do with the Shamsi base etc. He did resign and showed his character when Musharraf the god asked him not to follow up the cases against BB. So there is no issue with this guy, he seems like an upright and honest officer.

Once there was a report about four SSG folks who were abducted and later killed by the TTP. There was news that those folks killed ten TTP guys before embracing shahdat, and I asked in that thread about the proof. None of you (who are thanking posts after posts on this media-bashing franzy) ever come forward and tried to demarcate between "Investigative Journalism" and "A publicity stunt" or did you? Who knows if they managed to kill even one of their captives or they lost their lives helplessly? What would you say about that hypothetical killing of the ten TTP folks in the hands of four SSGs? At that time media was all right and doing great job right?

Lets take the latest incidence of the TTPs alleged ‘Jannat’; the field commanders and Mr. Malik are claiming that the compound was the alleged ‘jannat’. Fine, have you guys seen the video posted in the related thread? From which angle that compound looks like a ‘jannat’? Painting few sceneries on the walls made it ‘Jannat’? Where are the streams of milk and honey that were reported in the media who simply reproduced what they were told by the field commanders and Mr. Malik? Only a mentally retard can believe that the compound was Jannat. Now where is your "Investigative Journalism" versus "A publicity stunt"? Everything is fine if it suits your purpose but if it does not, all of a sudden it becomes a case of publicity stunt?

Salaams qsaark,

I for one am very happy that our media is covering every possible angle...there are many sharks in the media but overall due to the competition there are many unprecedented positives here...however in this time there are many people who are making a business out of the sensationalism which has gripped the nation...
Our concern is that military has taken quite solid steps and kayani pulled back all the generals serving outside Army to make things better.
However some sort of check should be implemented on these retired generals to not add fuel to the fire...they cannot simply resurrect corpses from the graves to gain personal fame...if they are willing to unearth the buried skeleton then that should be in a manner to reach a conclusion...not to achieve cheap fame.

Regarding the SSG men, i personally messaged you and told you a few things.
Even in the thread Blain2 made it clear that it is not certain or may not be true that they killed 10 TTP men, but they were brave soldiers who fought till the bitter end.
For the record Capt Najam suffered hundreds (not exaggeration) of cuts, bruises and burns and his body was mutilated as a result of a very fierce fight in which he too would have turned a head or two.
These men were outnumbered probably a hundred to one and yet did not go down submissively, so whether they killed one, ten or even zero TTP was not the point.
The point was that they were defiant as proud Pakistanis and that they were martyred which is a fact and that is what mattered to us or at least to the likes of Blain, Xeric and myself.
Anyways, enough said about that.

Anything Mr. Malik says becomes a question mark for us but the Jannat concept of these Kharjis is a few months indoctrination in which the child is psychologically broken down and fed on the description of paradise and the houres...the indoctrination can include all sorts of motivational and intimidating videos, pictures etc...it is a proper course which the terrorist run the poor children through in order to make them submit to their will.
The use of drugs is also very common in this phase.
All in all it is a very cold blooded thing and the child of 12-15 years has no sympathetic ear to turn to...

Regarding the General in question, the Core Commanders are not that ill informed nor are they supposed to say yes to everything.
I think the General in question did not even register any form of criticism.
However if a general feels that national integrity is at stake then he should resign, it is really that simple even if it seems primitive.
It is the military and he had to obey orders so there is no other choice really, but then what did he have to lose?
Not much because his rank already ensured a comfortable life ahead.
Still he did not resign so it seems he was ok with everything till his retirement.
Please note that they are not people like us who need to save their jobs.
First of all their jobs are nearly end of the line with few years remaining only, also they have reached a point in their career where retirement is quite pleasant really and not full of hardship as the life of a retired Col or Major would be....
So these Generals had the support of Allah in the form of benefits had they chosen to do what they now see as the right thing...they knew what US was asking of us when it wanted logistical support...even if i believe that Musharraf did not declare everything in the open, these Generals were the generation of officers who saw our entire nation and armed forces suffer because of US sanctions, due to this they knew there is a severe trust issue between the two governments.
At the end of the day they either agreed with Musharraf or they did not disagree with him...had they disagreed with him openly they would have retired and would have won the respect of Army.

This has been done by generals in the past.
In 71 Gen Sahibzada Yaqoub was given command of east Pakistan and he was one of the finest officers of our army and later became one of the best foreign ministers we ever had.
He did not accept the order of military action in east Pakistan since he saw that as a serious threat to national integrity and resigned.
His life did not end, he is respected as a great figure and serves as an example of what to do when your conscience does not see eye to eye with your orders.

Now if these generals openly apologize for their own guilt (which they do not) when they accuse Musharraf of the same then i do not have any issue from moral point of view.
However from disciplinary point of view i will still not like it.
I would rather have a setup that if a General or former minister/official accuses the past government or high command then an inquiry should be held by the Supreme Court and the person shall be legally obliged to not say anything till the inquiry is concluded.
If he is proven wrong then his rank or any benefits shall be taken back and he shall suffer in shame.
If he is proven right then justice will be served and he would have redeemed himself.

If this unaccounted public mudslinging is allowed to happen then without any check then it may come to pass that we see open commentaries on issues which are confidential and not open for public consumption due to security risks and lack of information...

Why i say this?
Because we always see a lot of brave words in hindsight but never do these conscientious people ever take the accused to the court.
Their words are taken as fact but pass through no further scrutiny, in a nation beset with many problems this is something that can further damage the national fiber and has to be realized and checked.
Such serious implications should automatically be taken notice of by the judiciary as part of a national security/integrity law which needs to be devised in my humble opinion.
It is time that the value of someones words should be weighed in the court of law...
What say you all?

Last edited:
All right, I was trying my best to keep the misdeeds of Musharraf to him, but thanks to his ‘peti band bhai’, he has dragged the entire Army leadership into this. In the process, the able ‘peti band bhai’ has also admitted that Musharraf did do things without following the 'procedures' and contrary to his (Musharraf’s) previous claims that the entire Military leadership was onboard on making all the decisions, actually it was not.

Whether the Generals were laymen or they we in or out of the picture, I don’t really care. If I simply go with what General Shahid Aziz is saying, it is clear that he and other CCs were not on board, Musharraf was making decisions (or rather taking directions from Bush) and after making those decisions, was only informing (and sometimes not at all) his CCs. Not one of the CCs ever resigned even though Mr. Xeric thinks that they should have if they did not agree. If resigning is the only criteria expressing your disagreement in Army, than it seems all the CCs were fully on board without even knowing the situation (as they were never briefed) or even care whether they should be taken into confidence about it or not. It appears that the CCs surrounding Musharraf had only the prefix of ‘Generals’ before their names name, in reality they were his orderlies who’s sole job was to say ‘Yes Sir’.

I love this analogy Xeric. You are right, but my dear there is a small problem here, the Dad was not getting ‘married’, he was just ‘sleeping’ with some one else ‘extramaritally’. We Pakistanis have not yet become so modern where Dads take their kids into confidence about their affairs ‘haramzadgis’.

Unfortunately it is not only Xeric that thinks like that, most of the sensible people here also do so.

Now i dont know; either we ALL are mad or may be only YOU have a problem!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom