What's new

GDP 226 billion USD, Per Capita 1401 $

BTW,What's the size of Indian bpo industry ? 1% of GDP ? Or less ?

@Nilgiri

Its about 6%...143 billion USD expected in revenue for this fiscal (100 billion of that in exports).

Thats of course IT-BPO combined. I'm unsure if anyone can cleanly bifurcate the two.

Its not as "isolated" as before....but its certainly not overly reliant on external trade. FTAs are obviously to help expand the reach into new markets. But its not like India is suddenly going to become a hugely trade dependent nation.

Fact is export is a major issue for your economy and for any emerging economy for that matter.

Talking strictly about merchandise trade doofus. If 50 billion in one component of trade collapses to 10 billion or less, then thats going to have a major impact on the overall trade figures, but its not a homogeneous fall of the same degree across the board.

There is a fall in all the major items, your engineering products received one of the biggest falls, not surprising really given their poor quality.

I know no one likes to touch a Taka in the world if they can avoid it...so Bangladesh has to trade using USD almost exclusively for everything....but its not like that for Indian rupee in most cases. The only major exceptions are of course trade with the US itself and oil trade...and some precious metals.

Tell me how many countries accept INR? Come to reality nincompoop, you're yet to be a Supa Pawa. ::lol::

Make in India started way earlier than that....and has already produced significant results. More investment in the program than Bangladesh got in 2 decades or more even.

Yes, all I can see is "make poor quality products in india" given your declining exports.

a) it wasn't a ban, it was a lifting of duty-free status

b) if you know anything about Indian capital good imports (which you obviously dont)....you would know just how skewed they are towards power equipment. So the move definitely would have a big impact on capital goods import.

Lol, as I said those tariff barriers doesn't cover any significant products that will reduce the import drastically. Show me proof with sources otherwise stopping beating the old drum.

Far larger experts than him (from niti aayog and the CEA himself) have not rallied to that fear especially with more recent figures showing the inventories in the capital goods power sector are looking much healthier now....and good improvement in IIP index as well.

I'm not talking about modi-asskissing scholars, their opinions are as significant as shit.

Maybe one day Bangladesh can stop scoring ducks, 1's and 2's in patent filings year after year to know what RnD actually means. It reminds me of Bangladesh cricket team :D

There is a huge lack of awareness regarding IP rights and IP laws are not properly implemented here, so obviously there will be lesser number of patents from Bangladesh. And I know, Indians have become obsessed with Bangladesh cricket, makes sense. :D

Actually @Nilgiri is right. Merchandise export doesn't include IT/BPO. You are making yourself look ignorant to an outsider. Please study some more about the same and reply.

Thats true. But India does not consider IT/BPO as service export. They consider it merchandise.
The definition itself has little to do with the discussion. The total export volume including BPO/IT is 260 billion for India. Can you break down your merchadise export figure?

Look at the import and export figure for 2014. Indian service import and export actually neutralize each other. These are the figures comes from financial, banking insurance, govt foreign transaction, loan debt servicing etc. These are not BPO/IT. Now dont tell me India import BPO worth of 146 billions of dollar.

2014 Import/Export

$321.5 billion: merchandise exports
$155.6 billion: services exports

$463 billion: merchandise imports
$146.9 billion: services imports

Last edited:
Merchandise exports $321 billion.(2014)

Commercial services exports $155 billion.(2014)

http://stat.wto.org/CountryProfile/WSDBCountryPFView.aspx?Country=IN&Language=F

Are you so stupid ???

you are stupid. you dont see the grey line. do you?

2014 Import/Export

$321.5 billion: merchandise exports
$155.6 billion: services exports

$463 billion: merchandise imports
$146.9 billion: services imports
Source: https://defence.pk/threads/gdp-226-billion-usd-per-capita-1401.427551/page-10#ixzz48JhNDqpH

Back
Top Bottom