What's new

GDP 226 billion USD, Per Capita 1401 $

BD will overtake India in GDP capita within 10 years
I think it can be done in the next 5 years.Currently India's gdp per capita is 346 USD more than BD.But if you discount around 100 super rich Indian who have disconnected themselves from Indian realities and mostly live and spend their income in western countries,you can safely say that Indian per capita income is already below that of BD.

There are few pockets of relatively prosperous area in India like Punjab,Harayana,Goa,Mumbai,Bangaluru etc.Bharati Bollywood media only shows those places.But that regions only contain 15-20 percent of total population.Other 80-85 percent Indian have lower income than average Bangladeshi.You only have to look at the condition in the population giant like UP, Bihar, West Bengal,Madhya Pradesh,Rajastan,Chattishgarh,Assam to get the true picture of rising shining suppa pawa.:sick:

I think it can be done in the next 5 years.Currently India's gdp per capita is 346 USD more than BD.But if you discount around 100 super rich Indian who have disconnected themselves from Indian realities and mostly live and spend their income in western countries,you can safely say that Indian per capita income is already below that of BD.

There are few pockets of relatively prosperous area in India like Punjab,Harayana,Goa,Mumbai,Bangaluru etc.Bharati Bollywood media only shows those places.But that regions only contain 15-20 percent of total population.Other 80-85 percent Indian have lower income than average Bangladeshi.You only have to look at the condition in the population giant like UP, Bihar, West Bengal,Madhya Pradesh,Rajastan,Chattishgarh,Assam to get the true picture of rising shining suppa pawa.:sick:

GINI index is your friend to see income equality .

2010 figures

1. Pakistan 29.6 ( not surprisingly as Pakistan's middle class has money)
2. Bangladesh 32
3. India 33.6

So yes out of the three India has the most income inequality.

Can you guys keep India out? :lol:
BD will overtake India in GDP capita within 10 years
I think it can be done in the next 5 years.Currently India's gdp per capita is 346 USD more than BD.
In 5 years 2021,
Bangladesh: $2045, (today is $1401),
Increase in percentage,
(2045-1401)×100/1401 = 45.97%
Again in 2021
India: $2618(still higher than BD after 5 years), (today: $1747)
Increase in percentage:
(2618-1747)×100/1747 = 49.86%

Courtesy: IMF Again. :P
Gap in PPP will be much larger.
BD can overtake Pakistan easily but you'll have to work harder if talking of India.
anyway, good luck from India too. ;)
But if you discount around 100 super rich Indian who have disconnected themselves from Indian realities and mostly live and spend their income in western countries,you can safely say that Indian per capita income is already below that of BD.
Unfortunately, you failed miserably. :sick:
Because median per capita income:

India: $60.5
BD: $51.6
Poverty Ratio:
India: 12.3%
BD : 13%
(Very close, whoa, :D)
But must have put you right. :P
There are few pockets of relatively prosperous area in India like Punjab,Harayana,Goa,Mumbai,Bangaluru etc.Bharati Bollywood media only shows those places.
Go through Bollywood movies at least once. They cover more poverty than anyone. that's why you guys are jumping here. :lol:
A Bangladeshi lecturing Indians over poverty?
Pretty funny. Please either go and die or kill me.
GDP per capita?
HDI?
Poverty ratio?
Median per capita income or middle class? (if you want to exclude super rich people).
Ask for more examples.
Why fooling each other and living in fools Paradise? :omghaha:
But that regions only contain 15-20 percent of total population.Other 80-85 percent Indian have lower income than average Bangladeshi.You only have to look at the condition in the population giant like UP, Bihar, West Bengal,Madhya Pradesh,Rajastan,Chattishgarh,Assam to get the true picture of rising shining suppa pawa.:sick:
80-85% Indians are poorer than BDs, living in 8 States My foot.
:rofl:
Good to know that our 85% population lives there (actual figures are less than half)
Wonderful creatures are you guys. Really.
What's next? Earth is flat or fire is an element?

I had no personal obsession with BD. But you guys. :confused:
First such delusional discussions and even that with offense (you know reality though).

I've been hearing from years such chants, but never happened. Look guys, there's a saying in English, Put it up or shut up
You are still behind India in per capita income, both nominal PPP. Nor you're seeming to catch up anytime soon. Talk when you do so.
So yes out of the three India has the most income inequality.
Indian economy is more capitalized.
China and US are even more.
For China, their bigger cities are better undoubtedly, though, their regular streets and cities are more like us.
I've been to there once, not found much difference except yellow East Asian looks and a strange language. :P

Anyway, completely screwed up my day. I had to write congrats but wrote something else. :D
I can't correct minds of you guys, only can use stats.
Disgusting, really. :laughcry:

Congrats BD, make us proud!
BD is making you proud? :D
What you guys have done for them. Look at them, before 71, and now, this is called progress.
They worked, they deserve pride, no credit for Pakistan at all. :azn:
(I only hope that BDs don't start flying in air after this reply).

Actually I think there are about $50 billion more in BD but you know property hiding trend of Bangladeshis lol :D
Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Ceylon even in Nepal. It's everywhere. :P

In 5 years 2021,
Bangladesh: $2045, (today is $1401),
Increase in percentage,
(2045-1401)×100/1401 = 45.97%
Again in 2021
India: $2618(still higher than BD after 5 years), (today: $1747)
Increase in percentage:
(2618-1747)×100/1747 = 49.86%
It only occur if you can convience the rest of the world about Vedic growth deception upto 2021.Data manipulation can't do wonder forever. Read.....

India’s GDP numbers are so dodgy that even the central bank has doubts about them
http://qz.com/610767/indias-gdp-num...t-its-central-bank-is-now-doing-its-own-math/
Gap in PPP will be much larger.
PPP dollar are the imaginary dollar.It don't belongs to your pocket.Only nominal dollar do.

PPP calculation have many flows.I will give you one example, two product that are frequently used among many others to determine the cost and living standard across the countries are Car and wine.Car in BD is around 4-5 times more expensive compared to India as Govt. imposed a 400-500 percent import duty upon them.On the other hand most indian use domestically produce car which is cheap.Same is with wine.as a muslim country it is at least 10 times costly in BD compared to india.But car and wine are not essential commodity for most of the people in sub continent.These two product is enough to show India is much cheaper than BD.ppp is al about cost of living, so it will show BD is more expensive than India although most of the people in BD are quite fine without them.So ppp calculation have their limitation.
India: $60.5
BD: $51.6
Poverty Ratio:
India: 12.3%
BD : 13%
(Very close, whoa, :D)
But must have put you right. :P
What is the source.How can anybody live with only 60 or 51 dollars?
80-85% Indians are poorer than BDs, living in 8 States My foot.
Good to know that our 85% population lives there (actual figures are less than half)
Wonderful creatures are you guys. Really.
What's next? Earth is flat or fire is an element?
Have I to count all the backward states? Here are some more Odisha, Jharkhand,Uttarakhand,Jammu and Kashmir,Tripura, and other north eastern states.These and the previous eight states contain around 1 billion people.So my statement was correct.

Last edited:
It only occur if you can convience the rest of the world about Vedic growth deception upto 2021.Data manipulation can't do wonder forever.
FYI, we didn't projected this Vedic future. Blame WB and IMF. :P
Read.....
India’s GDP numbers are so dodgy that even the central bank has doubts about them
http://qz.com/610767/indias-gdp-num...t-its-central-bank-is-now-doing-its-own-math/
Typical western propaganda. How India could undertake such huge projects or if India is a cheater, why different countries sent FDI here to make India biggest FDI hub, ahead of USA and China.
Anyway, India isn't alone victim of western hypocrisy,
Based on the Non-Massaged Data, China is Growing at 3% at Best
PPP dollar are the imaginary dollar.It don't belongs to your pocket.Only nominal dollar do.
PPP must be taken because there's cost of availabilities. Otherwise, Iran will be richer than China.
Wait. I'm clarifying your doubt in below post.
PPP calculation have many flows.I will give you one example, two product that are frequently used among many others to determine the cost and living standard across the countries are Car and wine.Car in BD is around 4-5 times more expensive compared to India as Govt. imposed a 400-500 percent import duty upon them.On the other hand most indian use domestically produce car which is cheap.Same is with wine.as a muslim country it is at least 10 times costly in BD compared to india.But car and wine are not essential commodity for most of the people in sub continent.These two product is enough to show India is much cheaper than BD.ppp is al about cost of living, so it will show BD is more expensive than India although most of the people in BD are quite fine without them.So ppp calculation have their limitation.
PPP's compilation of entire values and not only two three like car or wine, so error is eroded.

Let's leave wine if you don't like (But I don't, how can anyone can enjoy life without wine. :partay:
I can drink two bottles in one evening), Car isn't ignorable. It's a luxury, considerable for living standards. Same goes for other things which are costlier, no matter why they are costly, they are costly, Indians can buy It cheaper, can enjoy an easier lifestyle than BD.
And this is the reason of need of PPP.
Now, That clarification:
Take example of Djibouti. Yet this country is playground of proxy wars played between France, USA, China, Saudi, India and Russia, it is still economically underdeveloped.
Djibouti is well ahead of India and Bangladesh in nominal GDP per capita but behind in PPP. From statistics to visiting there, their living standards are nowhere near us.

And same goes for many other countries.
Another example,
China has slightly higher nominal GDP per capita than Russia but well behind in PPP. Watch at their living standards now, ruskies are much richer than chinks. :PThere
are several other examples.
Without PPP, Africans will be richer than us (what would be reality?)
Nominal calculation is for projecting economic power on other countries (matters for India who donates ) and PPP is made for comparing living standards.
Please think over it. ;)
What is the source. How can anybody live with only 60 or 51 dollars?
World Bank.
http://iresearch.worldbank.org/PovcalNet/index.htm?2
It's the income not total property.
Have I to count all the backward states? Here are some more Odisha, Jharkhand,Uttarakhand,Jammu and Kashmir,Tripura, and other north eastern states.
Uttarakhand!!, J&K!!!, Tripura!!!!!!!!( :lol:) and North Eastern states are backwards States? :omghaha:
If they are backward states, think about BD then.
It would be classified as 9th LDS state of India.

Yes,you're getting correct. BD is more far pathetic than them. Hold your tongue before ranting.
These and the previous eight states contain around 1 billion people.So my statement was correct.
Still you will laugh on Vedic mathematics.
Where did you learnt mathematics?
0.55billions(550 millions) live there.
India's population is 1.28 billions out of which 43% live in LDS and rest in other 21 states and 7 Union Territories (I'm leaving other two because there are no humans in D.G. and Maitri .So, their HDI is zero without humans. :D
Some of other states are developed (like Italy, Spain etc.)
There is a huge gap of living standards between these 8 backward states and rest of the India.
Ask for more details because your statement was plane incorrect braincell. :tsk:
Check facts, imaginations will waste time. :nono:

You heard about CPEC (China Pakistan
Economic Corridor)? India is making similar corridors throughout backward states.For easy flow of money, there will be several developed cities with one of world's most dense highway networks and high speed trains, connecting with richer states.
Actually, it must have been done before but communist mentality didn't let happen. New Government is in full mood.
These backward states are full of natural resources and labour, industrial states need it.

8-9% growth rate will be possible if gap is eliminated.
well, that's internal issue.
@Doyalbaba
Your today's main mistakes,.
1. You called some nicely developed states as LDS.
2. You said India's 1 billion population lives in LDS (absolute liar. :mad: )
These are such pathetic mistakes which gonna play down people's thinking about Bangladeshi knowledge and IQ level.

Last edited:
Your today's main mistakes,.
1. You called some nicely developed states as LDS.
2. You said India's 1 billion population lives in LDS (absolute liar. :mad: )
These are such pathetic mistakes which gonna play down people's thinking about Bangladeshi knowledge and IQ level.
There are many states in India which are backward and have less per capita gdp than BD but Indian don't consider them to be backward.You only count 8 central and northern Indian states as a backward but there are also other backward in East and northern part of India.Entire north-east is backward.
And this is the reason of need of PPP.
PPP is important but its importance is secondary to nominal GDP.

It only occur if you can convience the rest of the world about Vedic growth deception upto 2021.Data manipulation can't do wonder forever. Read.....

There was nothing wrong with the GDP calculation, there was only some initial confusion which got cleared in time.

http://articles.economictimes.india...-governor-raghuram-rajan-gdp-retail-inflation
A day after stating that "there are problems with the way we count GDP", RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan today said he has never raised doubts over the GDPnumbers and they are broadly correct.

"It was not anything about new GDP numbers or the way GDP is calculated. I think it's broadly correct," Rajan said while delivering the C D Deshmukh Memorial Lecture here.

No. If you are using your own currency in your own market, it is in PPP.

PPP does not apply to imports or govt taxes.

No. If you are using your own currency in your own market, it is in PPP.
No, local currency convert into USD in market exchange rate to get the nominal gdp not the ppp.India's nominal is 1747 usd or 115300 rupee.If you divide it by 12 and get 9600 rupee,that the monthly income average for an Indian or 48000 rupee for a family of five.If that were ppp dollar it would have almost 4 times the monthly 48000 rupee.Do you think average indian family earn 200,000 rupee per months?

PPP compare the price level of other countries with that of US price level which was chosen as a standard.That why US nominal and ppp gdp is same.Earning and spending 1747 dollar in India implies same living standard if one earn 6599 dollar in USA.Or in other word 1747 dollar in India can buy same amount of goods and services of 6599 dollars in US market.I am telling these just to keep it simple.:-)
PPP does not apply to imports or govt taxes.
This is very dumb statement.PPP is all about purchasing power.Import duty make the commodity costly in local market which in turn negatively affect the purchasing power of the consumers.Isn't it simple?:)

Last edited:
No, local currency convert into USD in market exchange rate to get the nominal gdp not the ppp.India's nominal is 1747 usd or 115300 rupee.If you divide it by 12 and get 9600 rupee,that the monthly income average for an Indian or 48000 rupee for a family of five.If that were ppp dollar it would have almost 4 times the monthly 48000 rupee.Do you think average indian family earn 200,000 rupee per months? I am telling this just to keep it simple.:-)

You have simplified per capita. On the one side you have someone BPL and on the other side you have Ambani earning $1B a year.

This is very dumb statement.PPP is all about purchasing power.Import duty make the commodity costly in local market which in turn negatively affect the purchasing power of the consumers.Isn't it simple?:)

Then what's your net import? Remove that from your GDP and then treat the rest as PPP.

Basically, anything you buy in Taka that is made in BD is PPP.

This will give you an idea.
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Bangladesh&country2=United+States&city1=Dhaka&city2=New+York,+NY&tracking=getDispatchComparison

Back
Top Bottom