What's new

Is IMF biased against BD?

UKBengali

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Well here is the latest April 2022 database that shows BD and India pretty much neck and neck in GDP growth rates over the next 5 years.

BD was at near 8% GDP growth between 2015-2019 while India was closer to 6%. I would expect these kinds of numbers for both countries between 2022-2027.

Remember over the last 15-20 years IMF has overestimated Indian GDP growth by 0.5-1% a year and BD underestimated by the same amount.

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 16.46.25.png

Last edited:
Well here is the latest April 2022 database that shows BD and India pretty much neck and neck in GDP growth rates over the next 5 years.

BD was at near 8% GDP growth between 2015-2019 while India was closer to 6%. I would expect these kinds of numbers for both countries between 2022-2027.

Remember over the last 15-20 years IMF has overestimated Indi GDP growth by 0.5-1% a year and BD underestimated by the same amount.

View attachment 835842

Yes.

IMF is biased infavor of India and working against Bangladesh.

Modi is a lackey of the US, IMF and World bank while BD is a strong ally of China.

Yes.

IMF is biased infavor of India and working against Bangladesh.

Modi is a lackey of the US, IMF and World bank while BD is a strong ally of China.

Dude look at the projections for both BD and India over the last 20 years and then come back.

IMF has a lot of Indian economists and it seems like that is clouding it's reports.

Dude look at the projectsions for both BD and India over the last 20 years and then come back.

IMF has a lot of Indian economists and it seems like that is clouding it's reports.

I couldn't agree more.

These Indians in IMF are down playing BD's growth story because BD's PM SHW is a strong ally of China and BD is part of Chinese OBOR project.

US, IMF and World bank are sulking looking at the growth of China and Bangladesh.

I couldn't agree more.

These Indians in IMF are down playing BD's growth story because BD's PM SHW is a strong ally of China and BD is part of Chinese OBOR project.

US, IMF and World bank are sulking looking at the growth of China and Bangladesh.

Stop being pedantic and try to come up with a reason why IMF overestimates Indian GDP growth rate and underestimates BD over the last 20 years.

This is fact that can be verified now by raw hard data.

Stop being pedantic and try to come up with a reason why IMF overestimates Indian GDP growth rate and underestimates BD over the last 20 years.

This is fact that can be verified now by raw hard data.

What do you mean by pedantic.

I completely agree.

It is very clear that there is great conspiracy being played by the Indians, the US & IMF against China and Bangladesh.

People of BD are proud people and not slaves of the US and IMF like the Indians.

Indians can't handle truth.

They will always be lackeys and slaves of the West.
You are correct. Since Gita Gopinath is Indian, she puts pressure on IMF to inflate India's growth rate and decrease BD and ID's growth rate because India is jealous of these two countries, and has nothing else to do.
India is a slave of US so US lets India do it.

Can you believe this lady (also a RAAAA agent in IMF) is 50 years old?

gita (1).jpeg

Hell no, this is the biggest conspiracy ever!

Just like EoDB rankings were fudged by China, I am sure this female RAA agent is behind India's fudged data by IMF.

Last edited:
Indians can't handle truth.

They will always be lackeys and slaves of the West.

Dude, if you bothered to pay attention then you would see that I actually have some respect for Indian foreign policy. India has shown strong independence over Ukraine for sure and that is shielding BD to some extent in also resisting US pressure

The main point of this thread is why IMF has for the last 20 years underestimated BD growth rate. For 20 years they get it wrong but still do not upgrade their growth projections.

The only reason I put in India as comparison is that they overestimate India by the same amount but still show both BD and India neck and neck for next 5 years. Maybe it is nothing to do with a lot of Indian economists who help compile these reports but it is an angle I am putting out there in the absence of any other obvious reason that can be seen.

Don't jump up and down over a thread that was never meant as any sort of attack on India. Have some more confidence in your country.

You are correct. Since Gita Gopinath is Indian, she puts pressure on IMF to inflate India's growth rate and decrease BD and ID's growth rate because India is jealous of these two countries, and has nothing else to do.
India is a slave of US so US lets India do it.

Both Modi and Gita are lackeys of the US and IMF.

BD will never bend backwards to please the US and IMF.

US sanctioned Bangladesh’s elite paramilitary Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) but BD asked the US to take a hike and confirmed that BD will not buy any arms from the US.

That is the difference between independent Bangladesh versus a US lackey and slave like India.

Both Modi and Gita are lackeys of the US and IMF.

BD will never bend backwards to please the US and IMF.

US sanctioned Bangladesh’s elite paramilitary Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) but BD asked the US to take a hike and confirmed that BD will not buy any arms from the US.

That is the difference between independent Bangladesh versus a US lackey and slave like India.
True brother, I am sure if next US puts a ban on BD's textiles, BD will again ask them to take a hike.

Never ever on the face of this world will BD ever bend over backwards like India!

Dude, if you bothered to pay attention then you would see that I actually have some respect for Indian foreign policy. India has shown strong independence over Ukraine for sure and that is shielding BD to some extent in also resisting US pressure

The main point of this thread is why IMF has for the last 20 years underestimated BD growth rate. For 20 years they get it wrong but still do not upgrade their growth projections.

The only reason I put in India as comparison is that they overestimate India by the same amount but still show both BD and India neck and neck for next 5 years. Maybe it is nothing to do with a lot of Indian economists who help compile these reports but it is an angle I am putting out there in the absence of any other obvious reason that can be seen.

Don't jump up and down over a thread that was never meant as any sort of attack on India. Have some more confidence in your country.

Let's not mince any words and call a spade a spade.

Modi and India is a lackey and slave of the US.

Since beciming Prime Minister of India in 2014, Modi had cancelled deals with Russia while purchasing Equipment from the US

Deals cancelled with Russia
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

FGFA (5th Gen Fighter Program)
Multi-role Transport Aircraft (MTA) program
272 SU-30 Super Sukhoi Upgrade Program
Additional 21 MiG-29 fighter jets
Additional 12 SU-30MKI Fighters
200 Ka-226T utility helicopters
48 Mi-17 V5 helicopters
Igla-s MANPADs program

Deals done with the US
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Gave away sovereignty of India to the US by signing agreements like LEMOA, COMCASA and BECA
10 C-17 Globemaster-III transport aircraft
12 C-130J-30s transport aircraft
28 AH-64Es attack choppers
15 CH-47F Chinook heavy lift helicopters
145 M777 155mm Lightweight Towed Artillery Systems
18 P-8I Maritime patrol aircraft
24 MH-60R multi-role helicopters

On the other hand, in spite of the US sanctioning Bangladesh’s elite paramilitary Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), BD did not blink and asked the US to take a hike and confirmed that BD will not buy any arms from the US.

True brother, I am sure if next US puts a ban on BD's textiles, BD will again ask them to take a hike.

Never ever on the face of this world will BD ever bend over backwards like India!

China is the new superpower of the world.

BD and China have a strong alliance.

Let's not mince any words and call a spade a spade.

Modi and India is a lackey and slave of the US.

Since beciming Prime Minister of India in 2014, Modi had cancelled deals with Russia while purchasing Equipment from the US

Deals cancelled with Russia
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

FGFA (5th Gen Fighter Program)
Multi-role Transport Aircraft (MTA) program
272 SU-30 Super Sukhoi Upgrade Program
Additional 21 MiG-29 fighter jets
Additional 12 SU-30MKI Fighters
200 Ka-226T utility helicopters
48 Mi-17 V5 helicopters
Igla-s MANPADs program

Deals done with the US
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Gave away sovereignty of India to the US by signing agreements like LEMOA, COMCASA and BECA
10 C-17 Globemaster-III transport aircraft
12 C-130J-30s transport aircraft
28 AH-64Es attack choppers
15 CH-47F Chinook heavy lift helicopters
145 M777 155mm Lightweight Towed Artillery Systems
18 P-8I Maritime patrol aircraft
24 MH-60R multi-role helicopters

On the other hand, in spite of the US sanctioning Bangladesh’s elite paramilitary Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), BD did not blink and asked the US to take a hike and confirmed that BD will not buy any arms from the US.

China is the new superpower of the world.

BD and China have a strong alliance.

If you actually had some self-confidence in yourself and your country and a higher IQ then you may not have wasted so much time with this nonsense you have just written.

Back
Top Bottom