What's new

[Gallery] Iran - Iraq war

I wish that my Iranian friends for the sake of our neiborhood for the sake of our partisipated long history for the sake of our relationship shut and delete this thread.

this one is the darkest period in our time and history I mean this war.

there is no any prideness in it we just killed our people in that war.

we need to forget it we need to pass on I hate every single second of it.

That's my hope to you to shut this thread thanks.

I dont think this thread will have negative effect. Its just for those who are interested in the military history of Iran-Iraq war. What tactics, weapons were used, what battles were won and lost and things like that.
Dear Malik, Iranians and Iraqis are good friendly neighbors now. :)

Anyone with info about usage of the TU-22 bombers ?

Iraqi_Tu22U_01.jpg

blinder_13.jpg

IRAK%2BTU-22%2BNIEVE%2BO%2BARENA.jpg

Last edited:
I think it was for the same reason they used tu-16 . For its long range (4900 km ). it could easily reach tehran with no shortage of fuel . But the accuracy of those attacks wasn't high . It could also deliver large payloads .

View attachment 193808
This is Tu-16.as far as I remember TU-22 was also used in first day of war in striking Mehrabad airport.the savage thing about that operation was that on the way to home the cannon crew opened fire on random cars on the Tehran-Karaj subway.many innocent civilians lost their lives.

On the other hand Tu-16 was too slow, big and defenseless to reach into Iranian territory.it was only used on fellow Arabs in Khuzestan and other frontlines.Tu-22 however had a different story and some of them were shot down by IRIAF.

@1000
You can use a heavy bomber like tu-16 when you get the air superiority.in Iraq-Iran war, scenrio was different because we had F-14 as intercepter.so except for the begining of the war those bombers were grounded.some of them also were destroyed on the ground in H3 operation.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is re post or not but i found this picture of IRIAF F-4E refueling during the war.
The war was complete disaster for both side.

23683.jpg

Pictures speaks more than the word could say. it shows their unity, hard work, happiness etc.

Back
Top Bottom