What's new

[Gallery] Iran - Iraq war

And you are too obsessed with Persians. Here I thought you were a decent and knowledgeable person, again I'm proved wrong, and disappointed. You are no different than your counterparts, especially those hot headed teenagers who are full of empty nationalism and void Pan Arab sentiments, just like any other stupid Pan- ideology.

We do remind ourselves of war times a lot, we do remember our martyrs a lot, but keep that in your mind, we don't hold even smallest amount of grudge against Iraqi people and they know it better than you. They also suffered a lot under the madmen and if they are to hold grudge against anybody, it's the fat sheikdoms that with their dirt cheap oil money, marched on Iraqi blood to reach their agenda, and they failed badly.

It wasn't only 'Persians' who fought in this war, it was all Iranians, from all different races, colors and ethnicity who stood against the madman's aggression and ironically, the first people who stood against the madman in very first days, were Iranian Arabs, who along with their compatriots, fought the aggression and resisted for days, but Iraqi people are our great friends, we don't hold anything against them.

It was Turks, Lurs, Kurds, Persians, Balochs, Gilaks and others who held each others' hands and kicked out the enemy.
I know as a person living in country with basis of tribalism with no true history as a nation state, such terms might not be so easy to understand for you and I wouldn't blame you at all. In a country that is built on the basis of tribes and families, such senses of patriotism may not have been defined very well.

@Serpentine, I haven’t expressed much of Arab nationalistic views in PDF, and I generally look down on strong forms of nationalism (since they can be too resistant to self-criticism). You will agree with me that most Persians are very nationalistic people (to an unhealthy level may be). The bulk of their pride is Persian based pride, and it is perhaps the only permitted type of pride in Iran, not Azeri, Kurdish, or Arab nationalism. Only Persian nationalists are accepted as true Iranians. Others, when they show their nationalistic pride, are immediately dismissed as “separatists”, or “potential separatists”. So there is a valid reason to focus on the Persian side of Iran, not the Baluchi or Kurdish sides.

Remembering war’s soldiers/martyrs isn’t necessarily wrong – though it might have been a little more serious in Iran than what it should be. I don’t think that I am wrong when saying that Persians have special ability to hold grudges. If not, why is it only Persians that can’t get over 1400 years old conquest? Non-Persians and non-Arabs will think that I am exaggerating. No, it is not an exaggeration, it is deeply rooted problem in the Persian psych. It gets repeated all the time. For many ex-Muslims Persians, it is one of the main reasons behind leaving Islam, and one of their first arguments against it (they know its convincing ability for their fellow Persians).There are tens of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of them. You know them and their newspapers, websites, and TV channels. Don’t Persian nationalists insult Persian devout Muslims by saying Arab-parast “Arab-worshiper”? Give me a single example of another type of Muslims that insult their religious people like this.

Last edited:
Easy ... What @Full Moon said is a correct fact.
Most Persians(and many other Iranians) did/do not care about martyrs or their family, but as long as it can be used as a source of hatred against arabs, they will use it. it is an obvious fact. You may want to say that the ones who attended war, or their family had only positive motives, which is right, but it is another story from what typical Persians think.
Another typical from you, why am I not surprised?
Honestly, it's not important what a person who hates other people racially says, especially when it involves the same racism content again.
Just today, you insulted majority of Iranians, asides from dozens of insults you have wrote towards Persian, so don't blame me if I don't believe that you are not a suitable person to have your opinion on this, based on logic and without bias. So, I'll save my time, and perhaps yours, for trying to answer that ridiculous claim you wrote.

@Serpentine, I haven’t expressed much of Arab nationalistic views in PDF, and I generally look down on strong forms nationalism (since they can be fascistic, and way too resistant to self-criticism). You will agree with me that most Persians are very nationalistic people (to an unhealthy level may be). The bulk of their pride is Persian based pride, and it is perhaps the only permitted type of pride in Iran, not Azeri, Kurdish, or Arab nationalism. It is only Persian nationalists that are acceptable as true Iranians. Others, when they show their nationalistic pride, are immediately dismissed as “separatists”, or “potential separatists”. So there is a valid reason to focus on the Persian side of Iran, not the Baluchi or Kurdish sides.

Remembering war’s soldiers/martyrs isn’t necessarily wrong – though it might have been a little more serious in Iran than what it should be. I don’t think that I am wrong when saying that Persians have special ability to hold grudges. If not, why is it that it is only Persians that they can’t get over 1400 years old conquest? Non-Persians and non-Arabs will think that I am exaggerating. No, it is not an exaggeration, it is deeply rooted problem in the Persian psych. It gets repeated all the time. For many ex-Muslims Persians, it is one the main reasons behind leaving Islam, and one of their first argument against it (they know its convincing ability for their fellow Persians).There tens of thousands (or hundred of thousands) of them. You know them and their newspapers, websites, and TV channels. Don’t Persian nationalists insults Persian devout Muslims by saying Arab-parast “Arab-worshiper”? Give me one single example of another type of Muslims that they insult their religious folks like this.

Since you based your 'intelligence' on thousands or hundreds of thousands of people out of millions of people, it's only enough reason to say that what you said is based on nothing. And look who is talking about holding grudges. You mentioned hundreds of thousands, but I present to you, millions of Saudis who either despise Persians or Shias or don't like them. How isn't that a racial/religious hatred?

Do we have millions of Iranians who hate Saudi regime and establishment? I bet we have. Do we have millions of Iranians who hate a person only because he/she is an Arab? That's pure bs, and our relations with Iraq, Syria and how I see people I interact with sympathize with them or like the, is proof enough for me.

But one thing we do agree on, majority of Iranians loathe Saudi regime, that's correct, and if that's racial hatred, I have no objection with that.

Level of hatred I've witnessed against Iranians/Shias on this forum by almost all all Saudi members, tells a lot of things about who is the side who holds a deep grudge, if we are to take this forum as a small study case.

But we have great relations/interactions with many Arabs here who don't hate us because of sect or race, like Iraqis, Syrians or those liberal Egyptians.
I mean, why should I hate an Arab when he doesn't hate me back? Hatred against Iranians is rooted in your own society, how can you even write about how 'Persians hate Arabs'? This is nonsense. I live in Iran and I know what majority of my people think.

We do have people who hate Arabs only because they are Arabs, but as in every society, we look at the majority. Most simple way to counter your argument is that, absolute majority of Iranians, despite being at a 8 year bloody war with Iraq, look towards Iraqis with positive or very positive views, same as Syrians or Lebanese, Omanis and even Egyptians. Can you say the same about Saudi society's view towards Iran? Don't you see a lot of people who hate Iranians only because they are Shia or 'majoos' or non-Arabs?

Hell I can see the amount of hatred some members hold towards Shias/Iranians, but I'm yet to see a religious Iranian member here who has ever spread hate against Sunnis, their sect, or insulting their beliefs, only focusing on their sect.

PS: What we basically have dominant as nationalism is Iranian nationalism, every idiot who seeks race-oriented ultra nationalism, be it a Persian one, a Turkish one or an Arab one, deserves the worst, and they won't achieve anything with their agenda.

Believe me, we have Persian nutjobs who dream of many absurd things, just like we have nutjobs from other ethnic group. But their number is so small that they can't be taken seriously and any move by them will be easily crushed.

Honestly, it's not important what a person who hates other people racially says, especially when it involves the same racism content again.
Just today, you insulted majority of Iranians, asides from dozens of insults you have wrote towards Persian, so don't blame me if I don't believe that you are not a suitable person to have your opinion on this, based on logic and without bias. So, I'll save my time, and perhaps yours, for trying to answer those ridiculous claim you wrote.

Like always, you diverted the discussion since you had no response.
BTW, about racism, are you kidding me? Do you want me to mention how many times your friends say "Tork e Khar", or other stuff behind Arabs and you do nothing about them? You never dealt seriously with racist rants of Iranian section, since your opinions matches with those racists. So, Go fool someone else.

Like always, you diverted the discussion since you had no response.
BTW, about racism, are you kidding me? Do you want me to mention how many times your friends say "Tork e Khar", or other stuff behind Arabs and you do nothing about them? You never dealt seriously with racist rants of Iranian section, since your opinions matches with those racists. So, Go fool someone else.

Indeed, show me where anyone has said 'Tork e Khar' and I saw it and didn't do anything about it. I'm eagerly waiting for it.
Anyone who insults others ethnically or racially, be it a Persian, Kurd, Turk or a Martian' is a low life in my eyes, and among lowest forms of humans living on earth. No matter how much you whine about it, my conscience is clear, that's the most important thing to me.

Indeed, show me where anyone has said 'Tork e Khar' and I saw it and didn't do anything about it. I'm eagerly waiting for it.
Anyone who insults others ethnically or racially, be it a Persian, Kurd, Turk or a Martian' is a low life in my eyes, and among lowest forms of humans living on earth. No matter how much you whine about it, my conscience is clear, that's the most important thing to me.
I have numerous times mentioned you, but the most harsh action that you do, is deleting their message, without any further action, even if they are doing so for the 10,000th time.

I have numerous times mentioned you, but the most harsh action that you do, is deleting their message, without any further action, even if they are doing so for the 10,000th time.

And how do you know I haven't done anything about any one who has insulted others racially? Since when are you aware of the infractions/warnings given to other members?

You have done it also numerous times and only your posts were deleted, without any infractions. If you want me to issue infraction for every single post I delete, fine, but be prepared to banned for a long time yourself. You can't ask others to be treated the way you don't like to be treated yourself.

What I firmly stand against is racial/ethnic insults, and that's a huge red line.

And why are you the only one who is claiming about me 'ignoring' racist insults, again without one single proof? Why isn't one single other member doing that? Tells a lot about many things.

And how do you know I haven't done anything about any one who has insulted others racially? Since when are you aware of the infractions given to other members?

You have done numerous times and only your posts were deleted, without any infraction. If you want me to issue infraction for every single post I delete, fine, but be prepared to banned for a long time. You can't ask others to be treated the way you don't like to be treated yourself.

And why are you the only one who is claiming about me 'ignoring' racist insults, again without one single proof? Why isn't one single other member doing that? Tells a lot about many things.
Wait ... it's not only me who is complaining about you. There are many members, specially Arabs and Turks, who say the same thing. They just don't raise their voice as much as I raise mine.
Anyway, What I am doing is totally moral and justified, since I need to deal with 10-20 racist trolls.
BTW, you have always did your best to issue infractions against me, while your friends have the authority to do whatever they want. so don't falsify it. I am just more smarter than them, and typically don't use the terms which deserves an infraction, and if I find some infraction unfair, I will mention it in GHQ.

Wait ... it's not only me who is complaining about you. There are many members, specially Arabs and Turks, who say the same thing. They just don't raise their voice as much as I raise mine.
Unless they are brave enough to raise it, I consider them non-existent, because it seems they only exist in your mind.
and if I find some infraction unfair, I will mention it in GHQ.

That's what I ask you to do every time.

Unless they are brave enough to raise it, I consider them non-existent, because it seems they only exist in your mind.

That's what I ask you to do every time.

We are going off-topic, again.
Instead, you could have put your hatred glass away, and directly respond to my quote.
My word was/is plain and simple. The people who dislike war veterans, and their family, and even insult them for having "sahmiyeh" for martyr's children, have no positive intention when they are talking about Iran-iraq war, and just use it as another source of hatred against arabs. These are the ones who wear "Farvahar" non-sense and are the majority of that society.

hmm don't understand why displaying this war pictures are allowed while current day war pics are not allowed

hmm don't understand why displaying this war pictures are allowed while current day war pics are not allowed

graphic photos are not allowed, rest of war pictures are allowed. this thread is made before the new anti-graphic photos law. So, you may find a couple of such war pictures.

I don't know - the rules have to be universally applied
I don't like the iran-iraq war images sadly demise of two nations

Just today, you insulted majority of Iranians, asides from dozens of insults you have wrote towards Persian, so don't blame me if I don't believe that you are not a suitable person to have your opinion on this, based on logic and without bias. So, I'll save my time, and perhaps yours, for trying to answer that ridiculous claim you wrote.

Since you based your 'intelligence' on thousands or hundreds of thousands of people out of millions of people, it's only enough reason to say that what you said is based on nothing. And look who is talking about holding grudges. You mentioned hundreds of thousands, but I present to you, millions of Saudis who either despise Persians or Shias or don't like them. How isn't that a racial/religious hatred?

Do we have millions of Iranians who hate Saudi regime and establishment? I bet we have. Do we have millions of Iranians who hate a person only because he/she is an Arab? That's pure bs, and our relations with Iraq, Syria and how I see people I interact with sympathize with them or like the, is proof enough for me.

But one thing we do agree on, majority of Iranians loathe Saudi regime, that's correct, and if that's racial hatred, I have no objection with that.

Level of hatred I've witnessed against Iranians/Shias on this forum by almost all all Saudi members, tells a lot of things about who is the side who holds a deep grudge, if we are to take this forum as a small study case.

But we have great relations/interactions with many Arabs here who don't hate us because of sect or race, like Iraqis, Syrians or those liberal Egyptians.
I mean, why should I hate an Arab when he doesn't hate me back? Hatred against Iranians is rooted in your own society, how can you even write about how 'Persians hate Arabs'? This is nonsense. I live in Iran and I know what majority of my people think.

We do have people who hate Arabs only because they are Arabs, but as in every society, we look at the majority. Most simple way to counter your argument is that, absolute majority of Iranians, despite being at a 8 year bloody war with Iraq, look towards Iraqis with positive or very positive views, same as Syrians or Lebanese, Omanis and even Egyptians. Can you say the same about Saudi society's view towards Iran? Don't you see a lot of people who hate Iranians only because they are Shia or 'majoos' or non-Arabs?

Hell I can see the amount of hatred some members hold towards Shias/Iranians, but I'm yet to see a religious Iranian member here who has ever spread hate against Sunnis, their sect, or insulting their beliefs, only focusing on their sect.

PS: What we basically have dominant as nationalism is Iranian nationalism, every idiot who seeks race-oriented ultra nationalism, be it a Persian one, a Turkish one or an Arab one, deserves the worst, and they won't achieve anything with their agenda.

Believe me, we have Persian nutjobs who dream of many absurd things, just like we have nutjobs from other ethnic group. But their number is so small that they can't be taken seriously and any move by them will be easily crushed.

We are way off-topic. Last thing, you are right about Saudis' anti Shiasim and anti Persian sentiments. The vast majority of us are very anti-Shia and anti-Persians as well. Hiding it here will not do anybody any favor. However, you were again protective of Iran’s public image and avoided to reveal the fact that over %90 of Persians are severely anti Arabs because of the race/culture they belong to. Professor Sadek Zibakalam confirms this in the link below. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it's bad to ensure complete isolation between Arabs and Persians by keeping a good amount of mutual hatred. We know ourselves well, and we don’t think that being close to each other can do us any good.

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/10/09/170927.html

You seem to underestimate Persians' nationalistic mind-set and their ability to hold grudges. Documentaries about the 8 years war are regularly broadcasted in Iranian TV. Pictures of the war’s killed soldiers are widely seen around the streets of big cities, and perhaps small towns. The soldiers' cemeteries are another story all together that they would even look like touristic areas (given the number of visitors that go in). In short, they live the war’s memories day and night. I must also say that the Iranian Regime considers the war's alleged victory to be one of its few widely recognized achievements (inside Iran at least).

I know of course how you will respond to this with your usual sectarian based B.S - but it doesn't harm anybody to hear words that they don't like to hear.
My freind your regime and the Wahhabiest gone far with their sectariansim not only that they always call for the Shiite anihelation day and night so before you blame on the Iranian their racism which is mainly for internal pridness not to cause any harm to someone else blame your regime for spreading hate around the globe with actions every where.

I believe what the Wahhabiest did and planning to do surpassed the Nazis many folds.

the reason I ask the Iranean freinds to stop that thread because it remind us with a useless war that nailed the two nations too bad. It is like when the tv sometimes show a series about what happen in Karbalaa and the killing of Imam Hussain PBUH I don't complete that series because it keep remind us with our ancestors mistakes we are the only nation that killed it's prophet grandson to help some corrupted monkies to rule the nation and take it with it to grave.

We are such failed nation Arabs which I'm one them are the most idiot what good we did to our selves to our kids to our people nothing.

What hurt you we still repeat the same mistakes we still use some idiot religios to deeply insult our Prophet our religion. :cry:

My freind your regime and the Wahhabiest gone far with their sectariansim not only that they always call for the Shiite anihelation day and night so before you blame on the Iranian their racism which is mainly for internal pridness not to cause any harm to someone else blame your regime for spreading hate around the globe with actions every where.

I believe what the Wahhabiest did and planning to do surpassed the Nazis many folds.

the reason I ask the Iranean freinds to stop that thread because it remind us with a useless war that nailed the two nations too bad. It is like when the tv sometimes show a series about what happen in Karbalaa and the killing of Imam Hussain PBUH I don't complete that series because it keep remind us with our ancestors mistakes we are the only nation that killed it's prophet grandson to help some corrupted monkies to rule the nation and take it with it to grave.

We are such failed nation Arabs which I'm one them are the most idiot what good we did to our selves to our kids to our people nothing.

What hurt you we still repeat the same mistakes we still use some idiot religios to deeply insult our Prophet our religion. :cry:

While I agree with the gist of your comment, but the most important thing to keep in mind is to never forget since those who forget and do not learn from history are condemned to repeat the history. This is the biggest lesson you can learn from history. And I think both Iraqis and Iranians have indeed learn their lessons as you can see that in Iraq, the Iraqis and Iranians are battling their real enemy side by side. Shoulder to shoulder. The Iranian pilots are providing CAS, to Iraqi commandos. And if it was not for the Iraqis pushing back these animals, the Isis savages would have been on Iranian border. What else you want? I think it is clear.

Back
Top Bottom