What's new

Future Infantry Weapons Requirement - Pakistan Army

Lolz!!
I wish they were. You do seem to believe that somehow we are sitting on piles of money, unfortunately that is NOT the case. Then there is the case of value for money and priority!
Sir I know we are not sitting on piles of money but are also not that shot of money. Getting new gadgets for soldiers and implementing future soldier program is among the things Army is focusing on

Sir I know we are not sitting on piles of money but are also not that shot of money. Getting new gadgets for soldiers and implementing future soldier program is among the things Army is focusing on
Sir we are and please do not over look the priorities!

Sir the war on TTP and BLA has put the modern soldier program at front
But dear there are about dozen things you have claimed to be "in front" over past few months or haven't you? Think about all that and you MAY understand what i am saying.

But dear there are about dozen things you have claimed to be "in front" over past few months or haven't you? Think about all that and you MAY understand what i am saying.
Lot of things are going on. From modernizing infantry to testing new Assault Rifles and Tanks and other stuff. In fact you should know Pakistan is also testing machine guns and pistols.

Lot of things are going on. From modernizing infantry to testing new Assault Rifles and Tanks and other stuff. In fact you should know Pakistan is also testing machine guns and pistols.
I do know. HOWEVER you should know that these things will also take years and also that ALL THAT cannot be "on front". We do not have that much resources.

I do know. HOWEVER you should know that these things will also take years and also that ALL THAT cannot be "on front". We do not have that much resources.
I know these things will take years but process has begun and we would start seeing results soon. By the way Is any Pakistani institute building night vision goggles and other stuff which is part of this Retnik system.

I know these things will take years but process has begun and we would start seeing results soon. By the way Is any Pakistani institute building night vision goggles and other stuff which is part of this Retnik system.
only SOME of that is actually a process and then only some of that have started is all i am saying.

yes we do have private firms working in NV and thermal vision equipmet. Not for rantik but still!

only SOME of that is actually a process and then only some of that have started is all i am saying.

yes we do have private firms working in NV and thermal vision equipmet. Not for rantik but still!
I know not for ratnik I am talking about similar stuff which we can do and use it in our our own Future Soldier program

I know not for ratnik I am talking about similar stuff which we can do and use it in our our own Future Soldier program
Actually, we do not have anything running as a "Future soldier program" and we are just upgrading some bits and pieces! However we do have private sector players working in NV and Thermal Vision optics.

Actually, we do not have anything running as a "Future soldier program" and we are just upgrading some bits and pieces! However we do have private sector players working in NV and Thermal Vision optics.
It is their without naming it because it's a natural process where no Army can survive without it. For love of GOD even Sudan has future soldier program

It is their without naming it because it's a natural process where no Army can survive without it. For love of GOD even Sudan has future soldier program
:)
I cannot talk about Sudan my friend, all i know is our own position and situation. Anyway, it is your own choice. I would just expect that if/when it all turns out be be untrue you wont start blaming army for not investing in right things and for fooling the nation and stuff like that. These are they choice you are making not them. Rest, i have not much more to add! :)

DX Korea 2016: KARI unveils TR60 tiltrotor UAV
Kelvin Wong, Goyang-si, South Korea - IHS Jane's International Defence Review
08 September 2016
http://www.janes.com/article/63543/dx-korea-2016-kari-unveils-tr60-tiltrotor-uav

1679365_-_main.jpg

The TR60 tiltrotor UAV is designed for operations in austere or confined environments with its ability to take off and land vertically, while also being capable of high cruise speeds for reduced flight time to target. Source: IHS/Kelvin Wong
Daejeon-based Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI) has unveiled the production-ready TR60 tactical tiltrotor unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) at the 2016 DX Korea land warfare exhibition being held at the KINTEX convention centre in Goyang city, South Korea.

According to specifications provided by KARI, the TR60 - which is constructed from lightweight composites - measures 3 m in length as well as wingspan (and approximately 5 m from one rotor tip to another), and has a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 210 kg. A 55 hp rotary engine transfers power mechanically to the twin swivelling nacelles, enabling the UAV to operate at a top speed of 250 km/h at a maximum altitude of 14,763 ft.

The TR60 is also capable of carrying a 30 kg payload, with the prototype shown at KINTEX equipped with a nose mounted and stabilised FLIR Systems electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) sensor turret. KARI also specifies a 200 km operating radius for the UAV, as well as the ability to perform automatic take-off, hover, and landing.

Dr Kim Jai Moo, Senior Technical Fellow at KARI, told IHS Jane's that the TR60 has been developed as a market-ready variant of the institute's experimental 1,000 kg MTOW Smart UAV tiltrotor. According to Dr Kim, the Smart UAV programme was launched in 2002 with a total funding of USD120 million provided by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) over 10 years, with a successful demonstration performed in 2011.

The Smart UAV, in comparison, measures 5 m in length and wingspan, and is powered by a 550 hp turboshaft engine that enables it to achieve a 500 km/h maximum speed and operating altitude of 19,685 ft. The larger platform is also capable of carrying a payload of up to 90 kg.

"We basically started from scratch as we had no experience with tiltrotor technology," he said, adding that some of the challenges that had to be addressed included the inherent instabilities experienced during the transition between helicopter and aircraft modes.

Want to read more? For analysis on this article and access to all our insight content, please enquire about our subscription options ihs.com/contact

To read the full article, Client Login
(352 of 692 words)

http://www.janes.com/article/63543/dx-korea-2016-kari-unveils-tr60-tiltrotor-uav
UAV like these should be part of future infantry program

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom