What's new

Future Infantry Weapons Requirement - Pakistan Army

TaimiKhan

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Guys, lets have a discussion on the current & future requirement of Infantry Weapons that Pak Army should have or try to get.

Below are the areas which i think need some thought. Feel free to add others if you think are needed.

1. Assault Rifle
2. Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) / Multiple Grenade Launcher (MGL)
3. Squad Automatic Weapon (SAW)
4. Rocket Propelled Grenade System (RPG) / Recoilless Rifle (RCL)
5. Light Weight ATGM System
6. Surveillance System (Small Drones at Platoon / Company Level - Quadcopter kind of system)

Discuss systems based on the Pros & Cons plus Pak Army's requirement based on its doctrine or the challenges it is facing or will face.

Guys, lets have a discussion on the current & future requirement of Infantry Weapons that Pak Army should have or try to get.

Below are the areas which i think need some thought. Feel free to add others if you think are needed.

1. Assault Rifle
6. Surveillance System (Small Drones at Platoon / Company Level - Quadcopter kind of system)

Discuss systems based on the Pros & Cons plus Pak Army's requirement based on its doctrine or the challenges it is facing or will face.
For rifle I am biggest supporter of FN SCAR but even selecting FN SCAR is not enough we need at least two different multibarrel Gun series. Our economy sucks still it would be dream come true if somehow we manage to produce HK 416 and 417 and FN SCAR H and L and Carbine in Pakistan. I have no idea about Gernade Launchers. As for Squad automatic Gun well HK 121 and FN MINIMI 7.62 are good options to have. As for RPG well Carl Gaustav or new RPG 32 can be great addition and for Anti Tank well HJ-12 and system from Turkey or new system from France can come and again I am clueless about drones.

Let us not forget the body armour. Body armour has made a come back in the 21st Century and US is working on a new light weight body protection for her infantry soldier.

Would we send Pakistanis to the battlefield against the fully protected enemy soldiers without providing them with the body armour?

http://www.military.com/daily-news/...ew-protective-vest-armored-shirt-in-2019.html
I believe body armour is a standard issue, Sir. Please visit PA multimedia thread to see the latest pictures from hard areas.

We need something like this
o_Oo_O

GEAR_I-21_IdZ-ES_Labeled_2008_lg.jpg

RPG-32'Hashim' antitank / multipurpose grenade launcher (Russia / Jordan)

RPG-32 'Hashim' antitank grenade launcher in ready to fire configuration (with launcher container attached) and two 105mm rockets shown in in flight configuration- PG-32V tandem HEAT top and TBG-32V thermobaric / FAE bottom.

RPG-32 'Hashim' launcherand two preloaded containers wit rockets.

Caliber: 105mm (also can fire special 72mm rockets)
Type: rocket
Overall length:1200 mm (complete with 105mm launch container) or 900 mm (complete with 72mm launch container)
Weight: 3 kg unloaded, 10 kg loaded with 105mm rocket, 6kg loaded with 72mm rocket
Effective range: up to 200 m
Armour penetration: ERA + 650 mm RHA with 105mm PG-32V tandem HEAT rocket

The RPG-32 multipurpose grenade launcher was developed between 2005 and 2007 by Russian state-owned FGUP 'Bazalt' organization on request and under contract from Jordan. First RPG-32 'Hashim' grenade launchers will be delivered to Jordan from Russia in 2008, but it is planned that mass production of RPG-32 and its ammunition will be conducted in Jordan under license at the JRESCO factory. The RPG-32 is a modular weapon that inherited proven and successful solutions in design of the weapon and rockets from earlier Russian grenade launchers, and it can be used to successfully engage and destroy a wide variety of battlefield targets, from modern main battle tanks and armored personnel carriers to bunkers, military equipment and troops in defilade or in the open. This versatility is achieved by using as much as four types of ammunition in one weapon - two types of 105mm rockets and two types of smaller and lighter 72mm rockets. In each caliber,there's a HEAT rocket (with tandem warhead in 105mm caliber, optimized against ERA-equipped tanks) and a FAE / thermobaric rocket with enhanced fragmentation effect, optimized against lightly armored and soft targets.

The RPG-32 multipurpose grenade launcher consists of a short, reusable launcher tube with grips, firing controls and sight mount, detachable collimating sight and disposable ammunition containers, which are pre-loaded at the factory and attached to the rear end of the launcher before firing. Once rocket is fired , theempty container is detached from the launcher and discarded. There are four types of rockets available for RPG-32, all ballistically matched to the maximum range - two in 105mm caliber and two in 72mm caliber.All use solid-fuel rocket motors which burn out completely while rocket is still in the launcher, and all are stabilized in flight using switch-blade type folding fins at the rear.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/corsar-anti-tank-missile-system/
This new CORSAR Anti Tank weapons is also good plus chance to get it with TOT

1. Assault Rifle

Plenty a discussions on this topic is scattered around the PA section. I take it your activity on the forum is minimal?

The first objective should be to equip all our boys with body armour, Kevlar helmets, MilSpecs protective eyewear and elbow/knee pads. I see that the troops deployed in west are already equipped with all that with the exception of eyewear but every now and then we see them lacking in some of that gear. It should be mentioned here that we're doing better than IA in this regard.

The second objective, one that they're already working on, is G3 replacement. Now it would be prudent to standardize the new rifle with optical sights as they offer a performance boost well worth the money spent on these optics. They can buy them off the shelf or ask IoP or Shilbli to come up with something. Look into the Israeli MEPRO MOR which is a red dot sight combined with IR illuminator and continues to function with drained batteries. IoP or Shibli can asked to ccome up with something like that. Shibli has introduced a who new range of products. There is a thread somewhere on that.

Ah and personally I would like to see the Carl Gustav M4 with our boys.

1024px-Carl_Gustav_M4_Kokonaisturvallisuus_2015.jpg

RPG-32'Hashim' antitank / multipurpose grenade launcher (Russia / Jordan)

RPG-32 'Hashim' antitank grenade launcher in ready to fire configuration (with launcher container attached) and two 105mm rockets shown in in flight configuration- PG-32V tandem HEAT top and TBG-32V thermobaric / FAE bottom.

RPG-32 'Hashim' launcherand two preloaded containers wit rockets.

Caliber: 105mm (also can fire special 72mm rockets)
Type: rocket
Overall length:1200 mm (complete with 105mm launch container) or 900 mm (complete with 72mm launch container)
Weight: 3 kg unloaded, 10 kg loaded with 105mm rocket, 6kg loaded with 72mm rocket
Effective range: up to 200 m
Armour penetration: ERA + 650 mm RHA with 105mm PG-32V tandem HEAT rocket

The RPG-32 multipurpose grenade launcher was developed between 2005 and 2007 by Russian state-owned FGUP 'Bazalt' organization on request and under contract from Jordan. First RPG-32 'Hashim' grenade launchers will be delivered to Jordan from Russia in 2008, but it is planned that mass production of RPG-32 and its ammunition will be conducted in Jordan under license at the JRESCO factory. The RPG-32 is a modular weapon that inherited proven and successful solutions in design of the weapon and rockets from earlier Russian grenade launchers, and it can be used to successfully engage and destroy a wide variety of battlefield targets, from modern main battle tanks and armored personnel carriers to bunkers, military equipment and troops in defilade or in the open. This versatility is achieved by using as much as four types of ammunition in one weapon - two types of 105mm rockets and two types of smaller and lighter 72mm rockets. In each caliber,there's a HEAT rocket (with tandem warhead in 105mm caliber, optimized against ERA-equipped tanks) and a FAE / thermobaric rocket with enhanced fragmentation effect, optimized against lightly armored and soft targets.

The RPG-32 multipurpose grenade launcher consists of a short, reusable launcher tube with grips, firing controls and sight mount, detachable collimating sight and disposable ammunition containers, which are pre-loaded at the factory and attached to the rear end of the launcher before firing. Once rocket is fired , theempty container is detached from the launcher and discarded. There are four types of rockets available for RPG-32, all ballistically matched to the maximum range - two in 105mm caliber and two in 72mm caliber.All use solid-fuel rocket motors which burn out completely while rocket is still in the launcher, and all are stabilized in flight using switch-blade type folding fins at the rear.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/corsar-anti-tank-missile-system/
This new CORSAR Anti Tank weapons is also good plus chance to get it with TOT
Forget about the RPGs for a moment. The M4 can take out tango's taking cover behind something or in trenches by exploding above them.

@Zarvan

Look how they fuse an HE-441 airburst round for 400 meters and it explodes above the target.

Plenty a discussions on this topic is scattered around the PA section. I take it your activity on the forum is minimal?

The first objective should be to equip all our boys with body armour, Kevlar helmets, MilSpecs protective eyewear and elbow/knee pads. I see that the troops deployed in west are already equipped with all that with the exception of eyewear but every now and then we see them lacking in some of that gear. It should be mentioned here that we're doing better than IA in this regard.

The second objective, one that they're already working on, is G3 replacement. Now it would be prudent to standardize the new rifle with optical sights as they offer a performance boost well worth the money spent on these optics. They can buy them off the shelf or ask IoP or Shilbli to come up with something. Look into the Israeli MEPRO MOR which is a red dot sight combined with IR illuminator and continues to function with drained batteries. IoP or Shibli can asked to ccome up with something like that. Shibli has introduced a who new range of products. There is a thread somewhere on that.

Ah and personally I would like to see the Carl Gustav M4 with our boys.

1024px-Carl_Gustav_M4_Kokonaisturvallisuus_2015.jpg

Forget about the RPGs for a moment. The M4 can take out tango's taking cover behind something or in trenches by exploding above them.

@Zarvan

Look how they fuse an HE-441 airburst round for 400 meters and it explodes above the target.

Well if their is a weapon light enough to carry but can destroy any target that is obviously the most ideal option.

Its standard issue...
From what I know, body armor is still hasn't been fully distributed yet. It is still in the process of distribution for mainly deployed soldiers, as well as SpecFor, are getting priority over reserve units. It is going to take a while, before body armor is fully distributed to all soldiers, including reserve.

Someone correct me, but the rangers seem to mainly use light armor.

I have a question though, who makes the body armor for Pakistan? how is the quality compared to foreign brands? @Quwa @Irfan Baloch @balixd

From what I know, body armor is still hasn't been fully distributed yet. It is still in the process of distribution for mainly deployed soldiers, as well as SpecFor, are getting priority over reserve units. It is going to take a while, before body armor is fully distributed to all soldiers, including reserve.

Someone correct me, but the rangers seem to mainly use light armor.

I have a question though, who makes the body armor for Pakistan? how is the quality compared to foreign brands? @Quwa @Irfan Baloch @balixd
I believe Lyra is the main local vendor the Army deals with for body armour. Can't speak to the quality, but the company seems to try and keep pace with developments around the world. I hope they have a Scalable Plate Carrier (SPC) design ready to show for the upcoming IDEAS event.

yeah, its been out for a while now, it can be acquired on a NPB license for a Semi Auto rifle in 0.308 ----- i myself wanted to buy one but licenses were closed
Do you have a picture?

Back
Top Bottom