What's new

Future Infantry Weapons Requirement - Pakistan Army

I believe Lyra is the main local vendor the Army deals with for body armour. Can't speak to the quality, but the company seems to try and keep pace with developments around the world. I hope they have a Scalable Plate Carrier (SPC) design ready to show for the upcoming IDEAS event.
Here's hoping.

Here's hoping.
If they won't, then another company - possibly state-owned - will have a SPC. The Army and SOF are well aware of it and they've began distributing a few around to some individuals. One way or another, I believe SPCs will be a widely distributed body armour 2016-2018.

If they won't, then another company - possibly state-owned - will have a SPC. The Army and SOF are well aware of it and they've began distributing a few around to some individuals. One way or another, I believe SPCs will be a widely distributed body armour 2016-2018.
So here is a slight hypothetical question: Knowing what we know about Pakistan army's doctrine and how the budget works, where do you see the average infantryman in, say....2030? I know it's a slight fanboyish question, but I'm quite interested in the answer myself, as I've thought about it a lot.

So here is a slight hypothetical question: Knowing what we know about Pakistan army's doctrine and how the budget works, where do you see the average infantryman in, say....2030? I know it's a slight fanboyish question, but I'm quite interested in the answer myself, as I've thought about it a lot.
To be honest, I don't know. To be fair, 2030 is basically a generation from now (in terms of soldiers), and a lot could change. For example, technologies such as handhelds, portables, smart lenses/HMD, etc, should not be a big deal in terms of availability and cost, but society's general lack of education could impact the Army's ability to utilize this stuff in scale.

To be honest, I don't know. To be fair, 2030 is basically a generation from now (in terms of soldiers), and a lot could change. For example, technologies such as handhelds, portables, smart lenses/HMD, etc, should not be a big deal in terms of availability and cost, but society's general lack of education could impact the Army's ability to utilize this stuff in scale.
Yeah, I've been thinking the same.

With the way things are going, even if the economy improves a lot and the budget increases, I don't really see any big improvement to the infantryman's kit; Minor improvements, maybe, but nothing huge.

images

FN SCAR
images

HK 417
images

images

RPG 32 and RPG 28 and one or two developed locally.
images

HJ-12 and one more from either Turkey or France or Russia.

I am clueless about under barrel Grenade Launchers as for drones well we are already making small drones locally in fact what media uses for aerial view can be used by infantry also.
@Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah @TaimiKhan @Khafee

Attachments

• images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom