What's new

Fund Raising Status for Diamer Basha And Mohmand Dam

Give2Pakistan.png

All organizations in Pakistan should give to Pakistani Dam every 30 days
You gives salary for 29 days and 1 day salary you donate to Dam

Last edited:
Good deed of week

Pakistan needs our support and Pakistan will get full support and Pakistan Army will get our full support + Government of Prime Minister Imran Khan

donation_nov3rd.png

What a fantastic moment ...... 7.3 Billion Rupee collected :yahoo::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

donationstatus_nov3rd.png

Thank you to this Pakistani , who may be poor but his heart is big as river Indus
If I lived in same city would have invited this man to a tea and thanked him personally

dam-fund-750x369.jpg

KARACHI: Pakistanis living in Norway have contributed 80 million rupees in two hours for Diamer Bhasha and Mohmand Dam Fund.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Senator Faisal Javed Khan lauded efforts of Pakistani community in Norway and Embassy of Pakistan in Oslo for holding “one of the biggest events of overseas Pakistanis in Europe”.

“Hats off to Pakistanis living in Norway – Contributed Rs. 8 Crores in 2 hours at Pakistan Dams Fund Raiser in Oslo. One of the biggest events of overseas Pakistanis held in Europe. Well-done Embassy of Pakistan, PTI & Pakistani Community in Norway. #DamsFundRaiser #WaterForLife,” he tweeted.

Last edited:
Good deed for week done .....after collected pay on friday
Donating again after Nawaz put back in Prison regained my trust

Loved the Clean up work in Karachi
Loved the plantation scheme
Loved the Panah Gah setup by Imran Khan

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

donation_jan12th.png

Congrats to the donators whose ambition was even stronger then mine moved the funds to 9 Billion mark and growing

Jan12_9billionmark.png

Supreme Court Cheif Justice should be given an extension by Imran Khan for next 5 years so he can carry on the efforts for DAM and address social issues in courts

Last edited:
Good deed for day done mid week
Really as simple as that for every day Pakistani to Support Pakistan

Got paid this Friday might as well send something for our National Dam fund

donation29thJanuary2019.png

Almost 10 billion collected :pakistan:
10billiondamfund.png

Last edited:
What's the status of money collection for this dam? How much money needs to be collected before the Government/Supreme-Court will start construction?
Already started on munda dam and bhasha planned ..
This is just to supplement that..

Donation Collection Crossed 10 Billion Rupee mark

Campaign needs to be revived !!! With Fresh Ads and reach outs

bhashadamn_march2019.png

To support this great national initiative here is my Donation :) yes I slacked off but I am back again in game, donating after a full 1.5 month gap but I have not forgotten about this and neither should you or your inner circle

I have made a donation for every member of my family and myself I dedicate this donation to the brave soldiers who are guarding Pakistan's borders and who lost their lives hope the after life benefits goes to them from today's donation

bhashadamn_march2019-my.png

Last edited:

View attachment 546842

To support this great national initiative here is my Donation :) yes I slacked off but I am back again in game, donating after a full 1.5 month gap but I have not forgotten about this and neither should you or your inner circle

I have made a donation for every member of my family and myself I dedicate this donation to the brave soldiers who are guarding Pakistan's borders and who lost their lives hope the after life benefits goes to them from today's donation

View attachment 546843
you sir are a true patriot . you have inspired me to donate time and time again in this great cause.

View attachment 546842

View attachment 546843

Bhai total kitnay billion chahyey is k liay ?

you sir are a true patriot . you have inspired me to donate time and time again in this great cause.

Every one can play a part in national goal

The simplest way to reach goal is have you paid for yourself and a share on behalf of every member of your family

Every one can play a part in national goal

The simplest way to reach goal is have you paid for yourself and a share on behalf of every member of your family

This is not ZAKAT, this is a voluntary donation, please donate whatever you can.

The problem with the Dam Fund is its intended purpose and the lack of proper and legal oversight. It was initially hyped as funds to build the dam, and then only to raise awareness about them:

https://acenews.pk/what-was-the-real-motive-of-dam-fund-under-former-cjp/

The former Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar has once again in the news not for judicial or legal reasons but for dam fund. His remarks regarding the real motive to establish the Diamir-Bhasha and Mohmand Dam Fund disappointed many people. When the media campaign was launched to collect funds for dam, the general understanding and perception was that this money will be used to build dam.

Whoever raised questions over the dam issue faced strong reaction from Mian Saqib Nisar, the chief justice of Pakistan at that time. He even once threatened to use article 6 of the constitution against critics of the dam. Article 6 can only be applied on those who abrogate or suspend the 1973 constitution. He was very emotional on the dam issue. He even said at one occasion that if needed he will stationed himself at dam site to ensure the timely completion of the dam.

But yesterday, former chief justice made it clear that dam fund was never meant to build dam but to create awareness in the general public. He said this while speaking at a session of Lahore Literary Festival. He said that “We never thought this money would be sufficient to complete the project.”“We wanted to create awareness and make people understand how important it is”.

If through this donation we are able to generate another Rs15 billion then that is an achievement. This money was never intended to be used 100% for building. [Through these funds] it really became a campaign.” He said when he proposed the idea of the dam fund at a conference, people were excited”.

“People have been coming to me to donate their entire lives’ pension. Small children came to me. There was a jazba. I’m sure it will continue. We have suggested how this fund can be raised with treasury bills and bonds etc. This is directly connected to the right of life. The constitution says if it is a question of fundamental rights then the Supreme Court has the unfettered right to enforce that right for public good. [Under this clause] I issued a direction to the government for the purpose of the fundamental right to life.”

At the Lahore Literary Festival, when former chief justice Saqib Nisar was asked what he proposes as the way forward for the construction of the dams, given the gap between the required amount — a whopping Rs1.5tr — and the modest Rs9.8bn collected, he responded by saying the understanding was that the funds would be used to create awareness, and not for the actual construction of the dams.

This has raised serious questions on the whole dam fund campaign. We were told that electronic media runs advertisement worth Rs13 billion free of cost as a contribution to this campaign. People donated money for the construction of dams to store water and to generate cheap electricity. Now they have been told that this money was to create awareness about the importance of dams.

He never clarified during the peak of dam fund collection that this money will be spent on awareness campaign instead of building dam. This will likely come as a rude awakening to those who donated, both voluntarily and involuntarily — from institutions like the armed forces and private banks, to poorly funded organisations like Pakistan’s football federation.

:pakistan: It's for DAM fun, I will pay again when I am getting paid Friday

Pakistanis own share in the dam fun , to help Government

This is not ZAKAT, this is a voluntary donation, please donate whatever you can.

I don't quite follow your logic , Zakat is donation to charity or cause

The DAM fund is one of the biggest concerns at national level , together with various foundations who do charitable work

The water will be used by people , animals and be used for farming thus I want to donate to help my country

The problem with the Dam Fund is its intended purpose and the lack of proper and legal oversight. It was initially hyped as funds to build the dam, and then only to raise awareness about them:

https://acenews.pk/what-was-the-real-motive-of-dam-fund-under-former-cjp/

The former Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar has once again in the news not for judicial or legal reasons but for dam fund. His remarks regarding the real motive to establish the Diamir-Bhasha and Mohmand Dam Fund disappointed many people. When the media campaign was launched to collect funds for dam, the general understanding and perception was that this money will be used to build dam.

Whoever raised questions over the dam issue faced strong reaction from Mian Saqib Nisar, the chief justice of Pakistan at that time. He even once threatened to use article 6 of the constitution against critics of the dam. Article 6 can only be applied on those who abrogate or suspend the 1973 constitution. He was very emotional on the dam issue. He even said at one occasion that if needed he will stationed himself at dam site to ensure the timely completion of the dam.

But yesterday, former chief justice made it clear that dam fund was never meant to build dam but to create awareness in the general public. He said this while speaking at a session of Lahore Literary Festival. He said that “We never thought this money would be sufficient to complete the project.”“We wanted to create awareness and make people understand how important it is”.

If through this donation we are able to generate another Rs15 billion then that is an achievement. This money was never intended to be used 100% for building. [Through these funds] it really became a campaign.” He said when he proposed the idea of the dam fund at a conference, people were excited”.

“People have been coming to me to donate their entire lives’ pension. Small children came to me. There was a jazba. I’m sure it will continue. We have suggested how this fund can be raised with treasury bills and bonds etc. This is directly connected to the right of life. The constitution says if it is a question of fundamental rights then the Supreme Court has the unfettered right to enforce that right for public good. [Under this clause] I issued a direction to the government for the purpose of the fundamental right to life.”

At the Lahore Literary Festival, when former chief justice Saqib Nisar was asked what he proposes as the way forward for the construction of the dams, given the gap between the required amount — a whopping Rs1.5tr — and the modest Rs9.8bn collected, he responded by saying the understanding was that the funds would be used to create awareness, and not for the actual construction of the dams.

This has raised serious questions on the whole dam fund campaign. We were told that electronic media runs advertisement worth Rs13 billion free of cost as a contribution to this campaign. People donated money for the construction of dams to store water and to generate cheap electricity. Now they have been told that this money was to create awareness about the importance of dams.

He never clarified during the peak of dam fund collection that this money will be spent on awareness campaign instead of building dam. This will likely come as a rude awakening to those who donated, both voluntarily and involuntarily — from institutions like the armed forces and private banks, to poorly funded organisations like Pakistan’s football federation.

WHAT type of AWARENESS CAMPAIGN?
Is this misinterpretation from Dawn news?

WHAT type of AWARENESS CAMPAIGN?
Is this misinterpretation from Dawn news?

The type of awareness campaign is not known as of yet, nor who controls the funds and under what legal cover.

And that is whyI did not link the story in Dawn.

The ex-CJP's words are quoted as follows:

"He said that “We never thought this money would be sufficient to complete the project.”“We wanted to create awareness and make people understand how important it is”.

If through this donation we are able to generate another Rs15 billion then that is an achievement. This money was never intended to be used 100% for building. [Through these funds] it really became a campaign.” He said when he proposed the idea of the dam fund at a conference, people were excited”."

You may draw your own conclusions, of course.

Back
Top Bottom