Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
lolz its for fun not trolling man :lol:

Indian village marries frogs to 'bring rain and end drought'
AOL Travel

By AOL Travel, Jun 15, 2012
590catersfrogwedding02.jpg

The last thing that any bride wants is for their groom to croak at the altar, but at one wedding in India, it was pretty much a certainty.

Two frogs were joined in holy matrimony at a traditional ceremony in Takhatpur village, India.

But the marriage wasnt the result of an ribbit-ing romance and neither of the frogs turned into a prince when kissed.

In fact, the bizarre nuptials were an attempt to end a drought that has led to severe water shortages in the region.

In some parts of India frogs are thought to have special powers because they can sense when it is about to rain, making a strange noise when a downpour is coming.

Most of the village turned out for the ritual, which saw the 'happy couple' doused in orange powder and colourful flowers, and prayers said to the rain gods.

After the ceremony, the amphibians were set free into a local stream or river to enjoy their 'honeymoon'.

Although it may seem strange to us, frog weddings are an age-old ritual in India.

Like the weird and wonderful? See the top 10 weirdest animals around the world:

Frogs get married in Indian village to bring rain - AOL Travel UK

and i have no money to do it they are enjoying free of cost . kash main is gaoon main hota :D

haldi laga di hai ab fry ker do dulha dulhan ko :P
Aapko to koi female frog bhi pasand nahin karti.....kue main kood jaati...(marti to nahin).....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I saw an Indian dude get married to the frog once.. wtf

that was girls

Seven-year-old Indian girls 'marry' frogs
Bitter experience tells women they have to kiss a lot of green amphibians to find a prince, but two seven-year-old girls in India last week cut short the quest and married frogs.
Seven-year-old Indian girls 'marry' frogs - Telegraph

Mine is of serial killer...Hannibal Lecter....acted by Anthony Hopkins....i don't want to kiss either frog or crocodile...that's why this mask....:D

just look at you if you come to my street kids will throw stones and dogs will bark on you :rofl: look like bhikari a gyaa:partay:

that was girls

Seven-year-old Indian girls 'marry' frogs
Bitter experience tells women they have to kiss a lot of green amphibians to find a prince, but two seven-year-old girls in India last week cut short the quest and married frogs.
Seven-year-old Indian girls 'marry' frogs - Telegraph

Haha, You're right.. i checked my source.. There is a video floating around.. and the Frog was with the girl.. and a dudes with the dog.. Its mainly done for the all mighty rain god.. :lol:

lolz its for fun not trolling man :lol:

Indian village marries frogs to 'bring rain and end drought'
AOL Travel

By AOL Travel, Jun 15, 2012
590catersfrogwedding02.jpg

The last thing that any bride wants is for their groom to croak at the altar, but at one wedding in India, it was pretty much a certainty.

Two frogs were joined in holy matrimony at a traditional ceremony in Takhatpur village, India.

But the marriage wasnt the result of an ribbit-ing romance and neither of the frogs turned into a prince when kissed.

In fact, the bizarre nuptials were an attempt to end a drought that has led to severe water shortages in the region.

In some parts of India frogs are thought to have special powers because they can sense when it is about to rain, making a strange noise when a downpour is coming.

Most of the village turned out for the ritual, which saw the 'happy couple' doused in orange powder and colourful flowers, and prayers said to the rain gods.

After the ceremony, the amphibians were set free into a local stream or river to enjoy their 'honeymoon'.

Although it may seem strange to us, frog weddings are an age-old ritual in India.

Like the weird and wonderful? See the top 10 weirdest animals around the world:

Frogs get married in Indian village to bring rain - AOL Travel UK

And now I pronounce u husband and wife Now u can kiss

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom