What's new

French professor calls to "assassinate" Erdogan

Why are Europeans whining over Erdogan and Turkish referendum results like this?

• Because Europe genuninely care for turkey and the love is oozing out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How many times have your own country been partitioned and erased from the map for centuries by a bunch of foreign powers... like an African colony or something? Two, three, how many? Post some maps about it too. :yahoo:
But they can sure put a nice cavalry charge,don't they? They certainly left an impression on your ancestors at Viena

Yeah, yeah... every Turk wakes up at night in tears with memories about Polska stronk and the defeat in 1693. :(Here is something funny though- 8 decades later the same people Poles saved at the Gates of Vienna stabbed them in the back and divided their country like a peace of cake... And the Ottoman Empire was the only one who was against it.

Yeah, yeah... every Turk wakes up at night in tears with memories about Polska stronk and the defeat in 1693. :(Here is something funny though- 8 decades later the same people Poles saved at the Gates of Vienna stabbed them in the back and divided their country like a peace of cake... And the Ottoman Empire was the only one who was against it.
That is true but instead of abusing Poland for being misfortunate enough to be partitioned by European powers you should think about how lucky you were that Western powers protected the Ottomans from the Russian onslaught. Without that protection there would be no Ottomans by the middle of the 19th century.

This is only the wet dream of the Europeans now. Erdogan is in power and becoming stronger day by day. He has implemented a philosophy, when he is gone there will be others that believe in the philosophy and will implement it.

That is true but instead of abusing Poland for being misfortunate enough to be partitioned by European powers you should think about how lucky you were that Western powers protected the Ottomans from the Russian onslaught. Without that protection there would be no Ottomans by the middle of the 19th century.

Lucky or not- it's all history and we can't change it- especially things that happened hundreds of years ago. Words like "IF" and "BUT" don't matter. Yet you better check who started first with writing bullshit and disrespecting others- Laughing at Turks who died in the WW1, comparing us to Africa, posting Turkey's map after the treaty of Sevres with smilies and such. Do you expect me to laugh at it and say nothing, especially when it comes from someone who is from a country that is not really famous for being an invincible Superpower or something?

Don't get me wrong, I respect Poland and Polish people- really hardworking people that I have always had great relations with in real life but what should I do when a troll is disrespecting our martyrs? You either reply in the same fashion so he can taste his own medicine or just ignore him.

ps It's my mistake for even bothering to waste my time with his bullshit... Whatever.

But they can sure put a nice cavalry charge,don't they? They certainly left an impression on your ancestors at Viena
Turks dont have grudge agains Poland, Ottoman empire was against splitting Poland and granted refugee to Polish exiles.

ucky or not- it's all history and we can't change it- especially things that happened hundreds of years ago. Words like "IF" and "BUT" don't matter. Yet you better check who started first with writing bullshit and disrespecting others- Laughing at Turks who died in the WW1, comparing us to Africa, posting Turkey's map after the treaty of Sevres with smilies and such. Do you expect me to laugh at it and say nothing, especially when it comes from someone who is from a country that is not really famous for being an invincible Superpower or something?

Yes better read from beginning but wait you cant because the guys posts got deleted ... I was not disrespected i just written facts when some where making fun of France that they got screwed in ww1... The guy that compared you to Africa was the "snow lake guy" i just laugh how someone can mistake map of Turkey with Africa... Poland got screwed few times to but what it got to do with this topic? Is the profesor Polish?

ps It's my mistake for even bothering to waste my time with his bullshit... Whatever.

Yes it was your mistake because you didn't follow this from begging. And you jumping with conclusion that im making fun of Turky...
The Funny part is you trying to defend the guy that compared map of Turkey with Africa...

Last edited:
This is only the wet dream of the Europeans now. Erdogan is in power and becoming stronger day by day. He has implemented a philosophy, when he is gone there will be others that believe in the philosophy and will implement it.

Turke is getting weaker evry day when we look at its economy and internal stability. Erdogan since the referendum is pretty much finished. He expected a great victory and now knows 50% are against him. Even when he used massive fake and state money for his campaign he only could win barely.

That said i dont know what is the outrage about? The professor is right.

Nations have no friends, just interests.

If i just take my country Italy, only god knows how many turkish leaders we eliminated through history. Assassins were always a main tool to change events in Italia favor.

Its same today. When Turkey becomes a problem. And i mean a real one. Now it does as its ordered and just talks alot hot air, but if it becomes a problem it will be dealed with. Turkey is already alienated in europe. Its president portraied as a crazy mad man.

This guy here was a nice warning to Erdo i think:

MAIN-turkey-assassin-main.jpg

That said, both Erdogan and Mursi are considered disasters in the West.
Bad for Turkey and Egypt.

I'm just wondering one thing. When Erdoğan first came into power back in 2002, for years Turkey has been showed as a Muslim model state by the west.

So, what happened and Turkey getting considered as a disaster in the West ?

Ask Turks they know who was screwed in WW1:P
We still stand undefeated, unconquered in our homeland (Anatolia) for a millennia. ;)

http://www.trtworld.com/europe/french-professor-calls-to-assassinate-erdogan-341505

French professor calls to "assassinate" Erdogan

Philippe Moreau Defarges says killing Turkey's president in the context of a civil war would be a legitimate way to remove him from power.

trtworld-nid-341505-fid-379395.jpg

A French political scientist has caused outrage in Turkey after calling for the assassination of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on live television.

Professor Philippe Moreau Defarges, a researcher at the French Institute of International Relations (IFRI), suggested the method after Erdogan-backed constitutional reforms were approved by the the Turkish public in a referendum last week.

The referendum paved the way for Turkey to transform its parliamentary system to a presidential system, having gained 51.4 percent of the votes.

Defarges said on French broadcaster BFM on Saturday that Erdogan's strengthened powers would lead "only to catastrophe".

"There will either be a civil war or another scenario... his assassination," he said.

Speaking on French broadcaster BFM, Defarges also insisted that the assassination of Erdogan in the context of a civil war would be a legitimate move.

Following his comments, many Turkish citizens living in France tweeted that they were going to launch complaints to the relevant authorities.

Defarges was criticised by Feiza Ben Mohamed, the ex-spokesman of the Federation of Muslims of the South of France, who tweeted that the former French diplomat’s call was “an incitement to a terrorist attack, no more and no less.”

International law professor Masut Hakki Casin told TRT that Defarges’ comments were “a crime” against both UN and EU legal agreements.

He also called on the French authorities to launch an investigation, pointing out that Germany also started legal proceedings for a similar incident last year when a German satirist insulted the Turkish president on a state broadcaster.

“If the French state does not act on this professor, in the future whenever there are attacks targeting President Erdogan, the French state will be held accountable under international law,” Casin said.

Casin asked if Defarges would use the same language if French far-right politician Marine Le Pen won the French presidential elections, or if the same solution would be proposed to prevent the Brexit.

“Calling for the assassination of a president who was democratically elected is very dangerous,” he added.

---------------------------------------

NOTE- Defarges later apologized on Sunday after several complaints were also made on social media and to the French Radio and Television Supreme Council.

"On Saturday, April 22, I was invited to '7 Days in the World' [BFM Business] to discuss my views on the situation in Turkey. Some of my statements were inappropriate and misunderstood," Defarges tweeted in his message in French.

"I want to express my deepest sadness and sincerely apology to the people and groups I might have hurt. My words are not binding to IFRI in any way and are completely personal," his tweet read

https://www.dailysabah.com/politics...efarges-who-called-for-erdogans-assassination

@Zarvan @Apprentice @AUz @war&peace @Verve @A.A. Khan @Mrc @Saho @dsr478 @Khafee @BATMAN @TMA @mb444 @T-Rex @Psychic @monitor @Narendra Trump @Max @abdulbarijan @Awan68 @Al-zakir @azzo @EgyptianAmerican @Timur @Slav Defence @Max
@idune @HAKIKAT @azzo @EgyptianAmerican @Full Moon @PaklovesTurkiye @Timur

They hate Erdogan for giving turkish muslim breathing space in a former militant secular state

Really ? You call 90 years of Turkish Republic as "militant secular state" ?

Let me tell you. 15 years passed since Erdoğan came into power.....some say he has dictorial powers.

Yet he still powerless in front the man whom brought secularism to Turks.
mgk-milli-guvenlik-kurulu-erdogan-4.jpg

Every single year he has to visit Atatürk's mausoleum and pay his respects.
2015-10-29-29Ekim-04-anitkabir.jpg

35191.jpg

Turkey is a secular state and will remain as a secular state forever. Not Erdoğan or none of the Turkish leaders can even attempt to change it because they know Turkish people will never let them.

So, backward people should stop dreaming about Turkey becoming a Islamic State of Turkey.

I'm just wondering one thing. When Erdoğan first came into power back in 2002, for years Turkey has been showed as a Muslim model state by the west.

We still stand undefeated, unconquered in our homeland (Anatolia) for a millennia. ;)

You are a greek with stockholm syndrome Sinan. There is no greater defeat than losing your own roots and copy your opressors.

I did not say Turkey, I said Erdogan.
It all started after his two terms as prime minister expired,
and he became President without a lot of power according to the Turkish Constitution.

He clearly overstepped his authority. That made all kinds of warning bells go off.

A lot of the military was arrested, later it turned out to be based on falsifications.

He tried to make peace with the Kurds, but when they got into the parlament,
and thus blocked his aspirations to increase his personal power he turned ugly
and put fuel on the coal, creating a fire again.

His stupid comments in the conflict around the Ships to Gaza affair.

Clueless claims of this and that, where I don't even remember the details.

Close associate with the Gülen movement, until they reveal corruption within his family.
Then the classic purge occurs.

My main theory about the coup, was that the Military found out that many of them
would be arrested in the very near future, and they made a hasty decision,
without preparation.
We do not appreciate coups, but also do not like purges.

Continuous persecution of journalists.
Confiscation of newspapers to allow only government friendly news and minimize criticism.

The shamble that was the recent referendum, was not unexpected.

If I were him, I would not have a referendum on death penalty.
It could be used against him. Remember Robespierre.

IMG_1567.JPG

You are a greek with stockholm syndrome Sinan. There is no greater defeat than losing your own roots and copy your opressors.
Hardly any native Greeks left in Turkey, after they tried a power grab after WW1.
Most were forced to leave.

I did not say Turkey, I said Erdogan.
It all started after his two terms as prime minister expired,
and he became President without a lot of power according to the Turkish Constitution.

He clearly overstepped his authority. That made all kinds of warning bells go off.

A lot of the military was arrested, later it turned out to be based on falsifications.

He tried to make peace with the Kurds, but when they got into the parlament,
and thus blocked his aspirations to increase his personal power he turned ugly
and put fuel on the coal, creating a fire again.

His stupid comments in the conflict around the Ships to Gaza affair.

Clueless claims of this and that, where I don't even remember the details.

Close associate with the Gülen movement, until they reveal corruption within his family.
Then the classic purge occurs.

My main theory about the coup, was that the Military found out that many of them
would be arrested in the very near future, and they made a hasty decision,
without preparation.
We do not appreciate coups, but also do not like purges.

Continuous persecution of journalists.
Confiscation of newspapers to allow only government friendly news and minimize criticism.

The shamble that was the recent referendum, was not unexpected.

If I were him, I would not have a referendum on death penalty.
It could be used against him. Remember Robespierre.

View attachment 393245

Hardly any native Greeks left in Turkey, after they tried a power grab after WW1.
Most were forced to leave.

95% of turkish citizens today are genetic greeks who got islamified and turkified in the last several hundred years. Genetically an absolute minoruty has any turkish haplo groups at all.

Back
Top Bottom