What's new

'Frankenstorm' bears down on US east coast

stay safe guys .... this one is getting a lot of media hype, is that normal?

p.s if it was Karachi people would be rushing off to seaside to watch the storm instead of doing evacuations :P yes trust me we have a crazy bunch here

p.s if it was Karachi people would be rushing off to seaside to watch the storm instead of doing evacuations :P yes trust me we have a crazy bunch here

True that..have done that in Mumbai....lol

Cool - Stay safe.

Bro I mean, this is the first storm after me coming to US, so is there any pre-cautions I need to take..I mean when I went to the super market it was like crazy ?

Thanks mate - I wanted to drive to the beach but this one is different - it is a mix of 3 systems - hurricane from the south, the cold system from Canada and the low pressure system from the west and that is what makes it dangerous.

True that..have done that in Mumbai....lol

Bro I mean, this is the first storm after me coming to US, so is there any pre-cautions I need to take..I mean when I went to the super market it was like crazy ?

I have faced few hurricanes including Irene last year but they say this system is seriously dangerous due to the 3 systems working together. Last year my friends were left without power for almost a week and many live in the suburbs and the trees fell down blocking the roads and it took days for them to get off their homes. So they have to stockpile.

dude hurricane irene was bull ****. I remember I left my apt window open and fell asleep on my couch with my wife beater on. I slept through most of it.

But apparently this one is no joke.

I experienced of Hurricane Billis in 2000..Rain was no more vertical it was horizontal..We could not walk straight and had to crouch and even then it was a struggle to keep our feet on the ground..Rian drops were coming at such speed that anywhere on exposed skin they hit they hurt....

This storm is at the wrong place...Storms need Latent heat of condensation and plenty of it to sustain themselves...and that they get only on large open warm oceanic spans...
Newyork is in cold waters and i was surprised newyork is getting a Hurricane????

dude hurricane irene was bull ****. I remember I left my apt window open and fell asleep on my couch with my wife beater on. I slept most of it.

But apparently this one is no joke.

Irene was bull *** for me - I was clicking pictures but many of my friends were not lucky and had power cuts for days.

Picture I took last year when Irene was happening.

2-1ACE74D5-1907544-800.jpg

Irene was bull *** for me - I was clicking pictures but many of my friends were not lucky and had power cuts for days.

Picture I took last year when Irene was happening.

2-1ACE74D5-1907544-800.jpg

I had power, so it was all good for me.

I experienced of Hurricane Billis in 2000..Rain was no more vertical it was horizontal..We could not walk straight and had to crouch and even then it was a struggle to keep our feet on the ground..Rian drops were coming at such speed that anywhere on exposed skin they hit they hurt....

This storm is at the wrong place...Storms need Latent heat of condensation and plenty of it to sustain themselves...and that they get only on large open warm oceanic spans...
Newyork is in cold waters and i was surprised newyork is getting a Hurricane????

The hurricane is following a path of warm currents flowing in the Atlantic ocean with temperatures above 80 degrees from South.

Was that the Indian street in NJ ?

Got my water and flash lights with a first aid kit. As long as we don't lose power we should be good. The text messages from the city are getting annoying.

A pretty quiet morning so far, just a little damp. It seems like the calm before the storm. The main storm gets here this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom