What's new

Four MMRCA contenders fail Leh trials

Looking at the analysis, ,no aircraft offers close to even 90% of iaf requirements. I thnk trade off principle will work here. U need to identify our most imp requirements,and evaluate each against the same . .it can be a political decisn if iaf shortlist 2 or 3 best aircrafts matchng our requirements. .and america will have upper hand definately

Its not about T/W ratio only.
What india air force wants to test is switching off and on at Leh airfield, which includes various subsystem reliability since Temperature at Leh is below -10

As the article said:

as part of the cold weather trials, will land in Leh, switch off, refuel and then take off again....

...The officials confided that four of the five aircraft in the MMRCA competition faced problems starting up in the rarefied atmosphere of Leh, and the IAF had to ask the manufacturers to undertake modifications in the aircraft's fuel systems.

So it most likely has something to do with the lack of oxygen in the air and the cold temps up there, that needed minor "modifications" of the fuel systems. Not a big deal, but the livefist article made it more sensational than it really might have been.

If it had something to do with t/w ratios and LCA MK1 had no problems with less than 1, EF, Rafale and the Mig with ratios above 1 shouldn't have problems at all .

why not we use lca for leh air base it done well in leh air field and pass the comprehensive winter test

why not we use lca for leh air base it done well in leh air field and pass the comprehensive winter test

Because still it is not inducted into air force. still it is a prototype & in testing.

Why not LCA tejas, It has undergone all weather trials, and successfully completed it aswell

303157274c23098a1c253ddfc74c3347.jpg

Nice pictures.

Just saw a AFM magzine while in shops today. Confirmed LCA will achieve IOC in March 2011

Which will be good news

since lca tejas has completed leh trials successfully,i believe US planes f-16,f18SH would have also done that,coz the current lca is powered by GE-404 n the f/16 offered to india has GE f110 whose thrust n performance is better dan GE404 n f/18 has 2*GE 414 engines also better dan tejas.and also all fighters have good dry thrusts n afterburner thrusts..so i dont think there is any chances of failure regarding take off with payload..the only case will be maneurability in less dense air in higher altitudes which i think can be overcome by mig 35 n eurofighter typhoon with dere TVC.

since lca tejas has completed leh trials successfully,i believe US planes f-16,f18SH would have also done that,coz the current lca is powered by GE-404 n the f/16 offered to india has GE f110 whose thrust n performance is better dan GE404 n f/18 has 2*GE 414 engines also better dan tejas.and also all fighters have good dry thrusts n afterburner thrusts..so i dont think there is any chances of failure regarding take off with payload..the only case will be maneurability in less dense air in higher altitudes which i think can be overcome by mig 35 n eurofighter typhoon with dere TVC.

The reports say 4 of the first 5 had problems in Leh, so at least one US fighter should had problems too, but it's not a big deal anyway.

FLASH! Gripen Demo Clears Leh Trials!

The Gripen Demo aircraft, which landed at Air Force Station Jamnagar, Gujarat on Monday, cleared its high altitude trials in Leh today. Air Force sources confirmed to LiveFist that the aircraft went through the full routine of tests that the Gripen-D did earlier this year. IAF pilots already got a chance to fly the Gripen Demo in the first week of April at Linkoping, Sweden, but calling the Demo airplane to India was necessary to complete all the demands in the field evaluation test (FET) plan.

So gripen selected

if yes

then aj meri zindagi ka sab se khushi ka din hay

So gripen selected

if yes

then aj meri zindagi ka sab se khushi ka din hay

If Gripen was selected then it means that the rest of the air crafts including your much loved "Rafale" must have flunked and is less capable when compared to the Gripen if that is the case..

@Guys

So if Gripen has passed now then that means now 2 air crafts have passed the tests in Leh..hmm..so which one would the other be?

If Gripen was selected then it means that the rest of the air crafts including your much loved "Rafale" must have flunked and is less capable when compared to the Gripen if that is the case..

Or just that IAF/MoD wants the cheapest western fighter, in terms of capabilities it clearly lacks behind EF, Rafale, or F18SH.

For high altitude tests, i believe engine performance is one of them among others.

LCA trials at Leh were deemed success.

Grippen has done it.

So what is that both share, Engine technology.

Thus with this logic, F/A-18 seems to be the other candidate who must have passed the Leh trials.

As without engine, the trials won't be success.

And all 3 share the same engine or its technology.

For high altitude tests, i believe engine performance is one of them among others.

LCA trials at Leh were deemed success.

Grippen has done it.

So what is that both share, Engine technology.

Thus with this logic, F/A-18 seems to be the other candidate who must have passed the Leh trials.

As without engine, the trials won't be success.

And all 3 share the same engine or its technology.

Even Rafael should have cleared since Mirages fly from Leh. IMO the failure is over hyped.

Back
Top Bottom