What's new

Former SSG commando behind Parliament attack arrested

During the Zia era, lot of tableegi jamat sympathist were hoarded in SSG, now we are bearing the fruit!

During the Zia era, lot of tableegi jamat sympathist were hoarded in SSG, now we are bearing the fruit!

dont agree wid you.... do you have any proof y r u specially mention ssg? i am not denying you but you mentioned a particular force, so dats y i asked?

Horrible news. Proof that SSG has been infiltrated with radicals. In the past we had IIlyas Kashmiri who was also a SSG commando and leader of HUJI. Terrorists infiltrating into security establishment is not only a grave threat to Pakistan but to the region as well. Hope Pakistan takes serious action on these radicals and help promote peace in the region.

On a side note, is the security of Pak's nuclear complex under the SSG?

He was a FORMER SSG commando. There's no "PROOF" that the SSG has been infiltrated by anyone as much as you wish it had been. This guy could have easily been influenced by the Terrorists after retirement or may be one of the guys from Zia's time who are still trapped in the 80s and are unable to grasp modern ground realities.
By the way, the story about Ilyas Kashmiri being former SSG is fabricated. The military has no record of him and his family says he never joined the Army.
And no, Pakistan's Nuclear Arsenal is under protection of the National Strategic Command.

On a side note, one odd guys going rogue is no big deal. I don't think any military can boast that none of their guys ever went rogue. Case in point: Col. Srikanth Purohit, should I also deduce that this means that IA has been infiltrated by radicals ?
How about the generals from the land scam ?
The Ketchup colonel ?
All these men brought shame and tainted the image of IA however, they do not represent the actions of the entire institution.

On a side note, one odd guys going rogue is no big deal. I don't think any military can boast that none of their guys ever went rogue. Case in point: Col. Srikanth Purohit, should I also deduce that this means that IA has been infiltrated by radicals ?
The Ketchup colonel ?
All these men brought shame and tainted the image of IA however, they do not represent the actions of the entire institution.

And I fully agree that actions of 1 or 2 people in an institution of lakhs can not type cast the institution. However, there is something called a trend, which is not looking very good for Pakistani armed forces since their radicalization under Gen Zia. But then thats a discussion for another thread.. In this specific case, I agree with you though the whole deal about IK and his being SSG or not is not very conclusive.. Pakistan army has had a track record of disowning its members / citizens who are caught with a smoking gun..

A video for our neighbors and hats off to Brig answering the IA Chief

Last edited by a moderator:
And I fully agree that actions of 1 or 2 people in an institution of lakhs can not type cast the institution. However, there is something called a trend, which is not looking very good for Pakistani armed forces since their radicalization under Gen Zia. But then thats a discussion for another thread.. In this specific case, I agree with you though the whole deal about IK and his being SSG or not is not very conclusive.. Pakistan army has had a track record of disowning its members / citizens who are caught with a smoking gun..

I just dismissed the "Trend" I said that Ilyas Kashmiri was never commissioned in the Army. This story was spread by an ill researched article by Hamid Mir. So which trend are you talking about. So far there has only been one attack in which a former soldier was involved which was the attack on the GHQ in which a former Nursing Staff was involved. No commandos, no regular soldiers, no officers.

dont agree wid you.... do you have any proof y r u specially mention ssg? i am not denying you but you mentioned a particular force, so dats y i asked?

Because a lot of tableegi sympathizers ex-armed forces then went into rouge activities. I know some of them who fought in Bosnia and trained European muslims for operations in Bosnia!

Even if this news is credible then one must remember there are bad eggs in almost every element of the society......
A serving Colonel Prasad Shrikant Purohit being one of them. !!!

Same can be said about indian army, "samjota expresse" do you remember !!?

Lets talk about Indian Army officials who blew up samjhota express and burnt muslims alive. Lets talk about Indra's body guard and much more. Probably indian army has the worlds highest number of hinduvta extremists and psychopaths serving in a state-run military service. Indian nukes are utterly unsafe and so are the minorities there. I support disbanding of Indian army to save Asia from a possible nuclear war.

high indian officials like of staff officers (means Col rank officers) were involved in such brutality..... and the one dey are taking about kashmiri was juz an NCO if i am not wrong.........

The Ketchup colonel ?

Col Srikanth Purohit, was framed of the charges initially as ATS of mumbai suspected him and later Indian and US govts both agreed that the samjhouta express bombings were carried by the Pakistani terrorists which still is the views supported by both the countries and even Pakistan.

A lieutenant-colonel in military intelligence, Purohit burst into international prominence in November 2008 when he was arrested by the Mumbai Anti-terrorism squad because they suspected him of involvement in terrorist attacks across Western India.[2] He was later accused of also having a hand in 2007 Samjhauta Express bombings[3] until the Indian and U.S. governments announced that Pakistani infiltrators were more likely suspects, a view still supported by the U.S. government.[4][5] Purohit was allegedly named as a member of Abhinav Bharat, a shadowy right-wing outfit in the preliminary confessions of Swami Aseemanand, a Hindu nationalist figure. However, Aseemanand later stated that he made the confessions under duress

A video for our neighbors and hats off to Brig answering the IA Chief

Indians are used to having a rag tag take on Pakistan at their offical gathering and engage in loose talk without evidence. For this specific one, Mr Kapoor at his best did not expect an actual Pak defence attache to show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if this news is credible then one must remember there are bad eggs in almost every element of the society......
A serving Colonel Prasad Shrikant Purohit being one of them. !!!

There is no such comparison between the person in question and col purohit, as ssg man is no more part of ssg, after his disassociation he is free to do as per his own will as he is no more bound with the oath, on the other hand col purohit was serving officer, still no action.

But PA / security forces take action against any such bad egg, unlike them that some scape goats are always ready to be blamed and that bad egg is saved.

Col Srikanth Purohit, was framed of the charges initially as ATS of mumbai suspected him and later Indian and US govts both agreed that the samjhouta express bombings were carried by the Pakistani terrorists which still is the views supported by both the countries and even Pakistan.

Pakistani infiltrators crossed into India to attack Pakistanis ?
Now why do I find it hard to believe that plan is strategically feasible ?
Secondly, I am familiar with the Modus Operandi of every terrorist organization operating inside Pakistan and most operating around the globe. Fire bombing is used by none except the IRA. So unless the IRA attacked the train. I find it hard to believe it was any terrorist organization. It has to be an unestablished person/group who did not have access to sufficient amount of explosives. India and US are welcome to believe what they want to but unless they can come up with some concrete evidence, I remain unimpressed.
Secondly, I would like a source for that piece you posted.

Secondly, I am familiar with the Modus Operandi of every terrorist organization operating inside Pakistan and most operating around the globe. Fire bombing is used by none except the IRA. So unless the IRA attacked the train. I find it hard to believe it was any terrorist organization. It has to be an unestablished person/group who did not have access to sufficient amount of explosives. India and US are welcome to believe what they want to but unless they can come up with some concrete evidence, I remain unimpressed.

It is nearly as feasible as Pakistanis travelling along a merchant ship which has a speed of 8 - 15 kph travelling 500 miles past all the Indian navy, landed into a dingy and into Mumbai where they carried out 26/11........... OK, i'm off to get some booda

source, rice aunt's recent book. :lol:

I just dismissed the "Trend" I said that Ilyas Kashmiri was never commissioned in the Army. This story was spread by an ill researched article by Hamid Mir. So which trend are you talking about. So far there has only been one attack in which a former soldier was involved which was the attack on the GHQ in which a former Nursing Staff was involved. No commandos, no regular soldiers, no officers.
Wasn't Imran Siddique also a soldier ? He too was in the conspiracy ring.

Back
Top Bottom