What's new

"Forced to hang my head in shame": Former Navy chief writes open letter to President Mukherjee, PM M

Indians are not extremists but very mild people and all are having thier views. we are very open society when its about open debates.
If that is the case then why this navy chief felt the need to wrote this letter and to told Indians to learn tolerance and appreciate differences/diversity instead of killing Muslims over their eating habits or killing dalits over silly things? You have some extremist element and groups who are making life difficult for minorities and low castes

Totally agree. But the credit does not go to the media. Even now, the media has kept up the offensive. And the knee jerk response has been the consolidation of the Hindus as a block.
And I know this is happening. Many friends of mine online and offline would never talk about politics, scams and other stuff before but now they feel a certain propaganda is being run by media.
Regarding minorities, nothing has changed for my friends who are Muslims or Christians but the Facebook posts of one oped to another and the abundant coverage of news questioning the Idea of India.

If that is the case then why this navy chief felt the need to wrote this letter and to told Indians to learn tolerance and appreciate differences/diversity instead of killing Muslims over their eating habits or killing dalits over silly things? You have some extremist element and groups who are making life difficult for minorities and low castes
A small extremist set of people are present in all societies. Why he felt the need only he knows cause I as an Indian do not see the change in attitudes of people against Muslims or Christians but see the difference in media reporting.

What happened in Dadri was terribly sad, but now it is becoming a reason for unnecessary India bashing. Govt should ensure no such incident takes place in future but If we dont move forward and be stuck to this incident, then it will do more harm than good to us.
There's no escape here for central govt. You are damned any which way even if law & order is state subject...& in most cases incidents could be manufactured by vested interests to present a picture of intolerance & insecurity. Now that they have tasted blood...this could only get worse before it gets better.

BJP is going to do that for Pakistan, that Pakistan could never have thought of accomplishing. Modi is going to be a Gorbachev for India

What you dug up does however hint at an ideological angle. Which brings us back to ... prejudice.

Ideologically he would best buddies with Mani Shankar Aiyer. Seems very connected to the ngo lobby - is a anti-nukes and nuke power, takes part in green peace initiatives and other Ind-Pak peace type orgs (sponsored by,daughter Kavita Ramdas), wants international moderation in J&K to de-escalate tensions, says BJP conducting 1998 nuke tests was a bad move, and blames nuke race on us.

Both of those sucks diick!!The Scandinavian republics would do.
Sweden hit by third mosque arson attack in a week - Yahoo News
Anti-Muslim Europe: Finns Would Rather Live Next To Alcoholic Rehab Center Than A Mosque, Poll Shows

In Finland, the far-right, euroskeptic Finns Party has been garnering support from a growing voter base. In the most recent May elections, the party, which has been known to be anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant, won multiple seats in parliament. The party's leader Timo Soini was named deputy prime minister and foreign minister soon after.

Just last week a member of parliament from the Finns Party called for citizens of Finland to fight for “one true Finnish nation” and end multiculturalism. The comment made by Olli Immonen came under fire by fellow representatives in government who felt he had gone to far.
It's easy to be "liberal" and lecture others when their population is low and very largely monolithic (even now muslims are very very small in number there, but look whats happening). Also do check out such peoples opinions on Romas etc :lol:

Last edited:
Pray it doesn't turn out instead to be a "Reagan".
For that to happen, Pakistan would have had to be thousands of miles away. I see more along the lines of the Anglo French stand off in the middle ages

For that to happen, Pakistan would have had to be thousands of miles away. I see more along the lines of the Anglo French stand off in the middle ages

Well, That was a mess. Either way if the core is strong it would survive. Arguably Russia, UK, US and French - everyone is stronger and more secure than those shaky days of cold war or anglo-french wars.

As long as there are religions,this sort of incidents are bound to take place,it's what they say.........yeah,inevitable!!That's why I said,just ban all the organised religions/cults/occults and whatever else there are and be done with it!!No more fighting over foolish ideals and dogmas - Problemo solved!!

A view on Admiral(retd.)Ramdass's political attitude by a retd. Indian Army anonymous officer who goes by the nom de guerre Col CJS which was published in IndiaToday on 5th April,2012:-
Admiral Ramdass, a most useless,incompetent Navy have ever produed as CNS. He is playing in the hands of Religion Fundamentalist hands.Ask the father who lost his son'''Encounter not fake, it cut shot my son's career in Army'MOHALI: The father of a dead Army officer has refuted allegations of fake encounter leveled against Lt Gen Bikram Singh, who will take over the Army chief's baton from Gen V K Singh on Friday. P S Bajwa, the father of Lt Bikramjit Singh Bajwa, who was a staff officer with Bikram Singh when the incident happened in Anantnag in March 2001, told TOI that his only son had lost his leg and a bright career in the Army was cut shot following the encounter, which was not fake.Lt Gen Bikram Singh, then a Brigade commander, was heading 1 Sector Rashtriya Rifles (RR) headquartered at Janglat Mandi in Anantnag, when the incident took place. He had suffered injuries and his staff officer Bikramjit Bajwa lost his left leg, while another officer, Col J P Janu, was killed.'I don't know Bikram Singh personally and have never met him, but allegations that Janglat Mandi encounter was fake are unfortunate. I cannot forget the incident that cut short the career of my son,' Bajwa, a retired Border Security Forces (BSF) commandant now settled in Mohali, said on Wednesday.After his discharge from the Army due to injury, Bikramjit Bajwa was appointed as a Punjab civil services (PCS) officer on compensatory grounds, but he died in a road mishap in 2006.'My son is no more to counter the allegations. But every time I hear these charges of fake encounter, it hurts badly. Raising an issue after 11 years of the incident, that too without knowing the real facts, is unwarranted and an insult to all those soldiers who made sacrifices in that operation,' he added. Bikramjit Bajwa remained in hospital for six months and eventually his one leg had to be amputated.The 'Battle casualty report' of the incident on March 4, 2001, prepared by the adjutant general branch of Army, states: 'Brigadier Bikram Singh was on his way back to HQ I Sector RR and was accompanied by Col J P Janu (CO of an infantry battalion) and Lt Bikramjit Bajwa. One terrorist fired on them from very close range. Lt Bajwa, who was standing near Bikram Singh, was hit by fire and sustained multiple gunshot wounds on left leg and left arm.'----What does Ramdass want,he is not competent to do so..
Retired navy chief Admiral L. Ramdas challenges 'next' army chief : North, News - India Today
@Joe Shearer sir, @SarthakGanguly and all other Indian members in this thread,what are your views regarding this???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom